Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Deicide

Request to change Essex/Midway Mod. 3 Flight Control

3 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Their counterpart's(taiho/hakuryu) Mod.3 is an upgrade to mod. 1 to become an air superiority without compromising too much ship-destroying ability from mod.1 while USN's have to sacrifice massive firepower(its torpedo squad) for air superiority. To balance them both, I suggest changing Mod 3's 3-0-2 to 3-1-1 layout as a figther upgrade from mod 1's 2-1-1/2 like their counterparts.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Their counterpart's(taiho/hakuryu) Mod.3 is an upgrade to mod. 1 to become an air superiority without compromising too much ship-destroying ability from mod.1 while USN's have to sacrifice massive firepower(its torpedo squad) for air superiority. To balance them both, I suggest changing Mod 3's 3-0-2 to 3-1-1 layout as a figther upgrade from mod 1's 2-1-1/2 like their counterparts.

All these can be at least partially solved via Customizable Air Group..... Whether it will be implemented we shall see.....
Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

All these can be at least partially solved via Customizable Air Group..... Whether it will be implemented we shall see.....

WG insisted on specializing nation-specific carriers via airgroup modifications, chance of fully customizable air group is rather slim I'd say.

But honestly, I still think WG haven't get their stuffs right; alot of airgroup mods are still unbalanced. But maybe in the future we could see some decent change, such as ones happened to Taiho and Hakuryu.

Sign in to follow this