You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
shcerion

American fighter squadron is over powered.

26 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
11 posts
349 battles

i sent 2 squadron of fighter (Zuiho). They both died when only took down 2 planes of 1 American fighter squadron. This is kinda unfair for Japanese Carrier

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

i sent 2 squadron of fighter (Zuiho). They both died when only took down 2 planes of 1 American fighter squadron. This is kinda unfair for Japanese Carrier

Can I say USN CV had Less squadron than IJN one so that it's unfair? No.

Don't judge things at first sight.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

wait till you meet Lady Lex or Essex _(:3」∠)_

isn't that JP carriers were intended to have better strikers and crap fighters?

it was at first have better strikers and crap fighters

but now

it seems like crap strikers and crap fighters

the point is tat murican has more in number than the japs

end of story

2 squad IJN fighter=8

1 squad US fighter=6

34 posts
306 battles

Well yeah, IJN fighters are outclassed by the sheer number per squadron of the USN fighters despite both having the average damage per second of 30. This is where I am confused, does the 30 DPS comes as per squadron (6 aircraft for USN while 4 aircraft for IJN) or per aircraft?  

Also kind of a side topic but what does it mean by the word LOADOUT within the stats under the fighters? Also, does anyone know where to find the manual by the developers showing the game mechanics?

mlO3kqp.jpg

Edited by Riou_Atreides

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

wrong Syanda, DPS is for per fighter. This can be observed by the sheer speed that some planes die when they just start the engagement.

60 dps per squad don't actually kill a 1400 survivability plane that fast.

Edited by Halken_Sky

34 posts
306 battles

Anyway shcerion, if what Halken_Sky said is right, these are the stats you are fighting against with the assumption that both you and their CV upgraded the fighter planes.

T5 Zuiho - Nakajima A4N

(120 DPS per Squadron; 970 Survivability) 

T5 Bogue - Boeing F4B
(180 DPS per Squadron; 940 Survivaibility) 

I have not included the possibility of using Air Groups Modification 1 which adds 10% to aircraft guns effectiveness and also your Commander Tier 1 Aircraft skill, Expert Rear Gunner. Also, you can't deploy 2 squadrons of fighters on a Zuiho, not with the stock Flight Control nor the Type5 mod.2. 

Anyway, when I play as IJN CV, I just went full 3 TBs and 1 DB, trying to do the most damage as much as I can before getting sunked. 

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

I believe LOADOUT is the time it takes to run out of ammo or the amount of ammo you have when engaging enemy planes 

Edited by Juan_23

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Anyway shcerion, if what Halken_Sky said is right, these are the stats you are fighting against with the assumption that both you and their CV upgraded the fighter planes.

T5 Zuiho - Nakajima A4N

(120 DPS per Squadron; 970 Survivability) 

T5 Bogue - Boeing F4B

(180 DPS per Squadron; 940 Survivaibility) 

I have not included the possibility of using Air Groups Modification 1 which adds 10% to aircraft guns effectiveness and also your Commander Tier 1 Aircraft skill, Expert Rear Gunner. Also, you can't deploy 2 squadrons of fighters on a Zuiho, not with the stock Flight Control nor the Type5 mod.2. 

Anyway, when I play as IJN CV, I just went full 3 TBs and 1 DB, trying to do the most damage as much as I can before getting sunked. 

To add on to it, do well to remember that plane damage in terms of the "dps" numbers are related to a RNG calculation. You can have an entire emeny squad die without spending much of the loadout or you can use up all the loadout on the fighter and not kill a single plane.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

inb4 some fighters get shot down by bombers because rear gunners are too OP for fighters :D

oddly enough i had a USN TB squadron shoot down my USN fighter squadron.

34 posts
306 battles

inb4 some fighters get shot down by bombers because rear gunners are too OP for fighters :D

My IJN TB squadron did that a couple of time against IJN fighters but never against USN fighters. 

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

no

Alpha Tester
266 posts
3,486 battles

Been waiting for this type of thread.

Same here. Knowing how Corsairs would eat a squadron in a few seconds...

however, I did not expect people to rant over low tier Carriers :D

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Same here. Knowing how Corsairs would eat a squadron in a few seconds...

however, I did not expect people to rant over low tier Carriers

Omg it's alive.