You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fear_the_Reaper

12v12 is not enough for this to be considered fun.

20v20 battles  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should they try increasing the team size limit to 20 while we are in BETA?

• Yes we should at least try it and see if it is more fun while we are in BETA.
    • No there is no reason to even try anything different at this point in BETA.

25 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Edit:

Whooohooo has suggested an even better solution than simply raising the battle number.

like a new mode for bigger number... fleet battle ?

^- That would be perfect -^ then no one is feeling left out and there is an option for everyone.

One thing i am kind of sick of is the small team sizes, it is taking 5 minutes before you even get to fire your first salvo and then once you do you might be lucky to land 20 hits in a battleship before everyone is dead and the game is over unless you are having a monster game where you were luckily in the right place and you had 3 or 4 ships to duel with.

Not only that there are never enough ships on the maps with cap circles especially those that have 5 of them. 

Is the game always going to be 12v12 because its not a lot of fun as a 12v12 game if i am honest, a lot of the time in battle is spent going toward someone so you can try and shoot them simply because your are strapped for choice when trying to find a target.

The only reason i can think of for there being 12 man teams is the "its beta" excuse but considering we had 12v12 teams in CBT when 800-3k people were online there is no reason why we can not have 20v20 teams now that between 10-20k people are online. 

At the very least we could test 20v20 teams and see if it is actually more fun than the current 12v12 teams. 

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

I could see this happening only in the big maps,

Could you imagine the chaos of a 20 Vs 20 on a map like big race,  players be like -> :ohmy: 

Edited by Juan_23

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

I could see this happening only in the big maps,

Could you imagine the chaos of a 20 Vs 20 on a map like big race,  players be like -> :ohmy: 

Chaos or fun? 

personally i think that would be amazing. 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

teams are limited down from 15v15 (look at the possible team list size) to allow for the increased resource usage of the game.

I sort of like the idea on the really big maps at higher tiers, but we have enough concerns with people not meeting the minimum specs as it is.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

teams are limited down from 15v15 (look at the possible team list size) to allow for the increased resource usage of the game.

I sort of like the idea on the really big maps at higher tiers, but we have enough concerns with people not meeting the minimum specs as it is.

What exactly do you mean by "but we have enough concerns with people not meeting the minimum specs as it is."? 

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

A lot of people are playing only on the minimum specs as is now, if we make it 20 vs 20 that would make it harder for people using the minimum specs to play

Edited by Juan_23

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

What exactly do you mean by "but we have enough concerns with people not meeting the minimum specs as it is."? 

A lot of people are playing only on the minimum specs as is now, if we make it 20 vs 20 that would make it harder for using the minimum specs to play

This - there are a lot of minimum spec pc's out there with the resulting issues being reported.

Heck there are machines with pretty good spec having troubles!

Some of the reports of training rooms with multiple CV's involved bringing top of the line rigs to their knees!

Super Tester
2,725 posts

WG concerns about players with low-end computer users who can't play this game.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

This - there are a lot of minimum spec pc's out there with the resulting issues being reported.

Heck there are machines with pretty good spec having troubles!

Some of the reports of training rooms with multiple CV's involved bringing top of the line rigs to their knees!

So casual gamers trying to play a 2015 PC game on a PC made in 2006 is the problem? I see. 

Well thats horrible news. 

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Even assuming players are able to support 20 vs 20, it would be hard pressed for players to sink everyone in that time limit and them you end up having more draws.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Even assuming players are able to support 20 vs 20, it would be hard pressed for players to sink everyone in that time limit and them you end up having more draws.

Id say raise the battle timer but casual gamers don't like that idea either. 

Beta Tester
100 posts
1,614 battles

The main issue i forsee with 20 v 20 is that the game will get stretched out alot. Increasing the limit on the battle timer is not a great option. Having to play a match that is 15-20+ mins long on end can get tiring and boresome. In addition, not all of us have that much time to spare - players may be looking for a quick game in between breaks, etc. 

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

The main issue i forsee with 20 v 20 is that the game will get stretched out alot. Increasing the limit on the battle timer is not a great option. Having to play a match that is 15-20+ mins long on end can get tiring and boresome. In addition, not all of us have that much time to spare - players may be looking for a quick game in between breaks, etc. 

Well then the maps need to be re worked, currently the large maps would fit 40 players nicely, they do not fit 24 nicely though, it stretches 24 players out so thin that the game simply is not fun anymore. 

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

also, increasing the number of ships means increasing the amount of CV's in-game :D

around to 3 or 4 perhaps, imagine if it's 3 or 4 tier 8 to 10 IJN CV's

and also, increased time means, if your ship sank you'll have to wait longer for it at port and be surprised that the match ended in a draw

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

also, increasing the number of ships means increasing the amount of CV's in-game :D

around to 3 or 4 perhaps, imagine if it's 3 or 4 tier 8 to 10 IJN CV's

and also, increased time means, if your ship sank you'll have to wait longer for it at port and be surprised that the match ended in a draw

Well do you have a different solution to the problem? 

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

different kind of PvP match besides the Random Battle I suppose..

or have the ship sent back to port after you sank on your previous battle

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

different kind of PvP match besides the Random Battle I suppose..

or have the ship sent back to port after you sank on your previous battle

I honestly think a map overhaul could fix it too, just make the large maps slightly smaller, distance is the real problem here 

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

like a new mode for bigger number... fleet battle ?

I for one would love that. It'd give CV's some room to be more useful.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

So casual gamers trying to play a 2015 PC game on a PC made in 2006 is the problem? I see. 

Even with a decent and modern computer, your FPS is gonna drop like a rock if there are more than 5 or 6 aircraft carriers in a training room and they all launch planes at you.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Mate, I have clients who are multi-million dollar companies who are still using Windows XP this very day. I would wet myself if I could get them to upgrade to something from 2006 :sceptic:

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Mate, I have clients who are multi-million dollar companies who are still using Windows XP this very day. I would wet myself if I could get them to upgrade to something from 2006 :sceptic:

Yeah but thats how they became multi mullion dollar companies, turns out that you make more money by saving it than spending it :P 

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Yeah but thats how they became multi mullion dollar companies, turns out that you make more money by saving it than spending it :P 

Agreed mate. People and unfortunately, for the Asia server, internet cafes do the same thing. :sceptic: