You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rocdocta

Torpedo fragging

22 comments in this topic

19 posts
5,144 battles

In a few games at the very start i find my ship being targeted by my own teams torpedoes. There are no enemy in sight as its the very start of the game. What the hell is going on with this stupidity? Anyone else finding this? 

61 posts
123 battles

yep... they have no awareness of surrounding ... while busy full side barrage enemy... then suddenly torp beep appeared on my screen... not from enemy but behind me

bam... 40% hp gone lol

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

In a few games at the very start i find my ship being targeted by my own teams torpedoes. There are no enemy in sight as its the very start of the game. What the hell is going on with this stupidity? Anyone else finding this? 

Because players are players, they don't take note of friendly fire or the range of their torpedoes.

Your best option is to stay away from them, especially those carrying torpedoes. An alternate option is to report them via in-game report system.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Silly public players think Japanese torpedoes are 24km range on their low & mid tier ship. Confirm they gonna ruin the battle.... silly pubbie.... :sceptic:

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

easy fix - don't follow the school of fishes that all go one way.

Be a merchant raider on the unmanned flank - no one over there to team damage you then ;)

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Be a merchant raider on the unmanned flank - no one over there to team damage you then ;)

Then you encounter the enemy fleet and got sunk so fast before you can even say help! :trollface:

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Then you encounter the enemy fleet and got sunk so fast before you can even say help! :trollface:

take your pick ;)

personally I tend to lone wolf it (but then I mainly play DDs)

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

take your pick ;)

personally I tend to lone wolf it (but then I mainly play DDs)

only DD can do it

but you aren't afraid of friendly torpedo if you're a DD

btw, sometimes friendly torpedo looks like intended to hit you

once I have seen an ally launch torpedo towards me when we're capping

and the enemies are on the other side of the map, covered by islands

167 posts
776 battles

WVjK3Ix.jpg

Yep, I know the feeling and pain. I'd died few times because team mate torped from the back for no reason. 

If you're Cruiser or DD, try to move away from the horde.. Not so sure with BB since I'm not fond with them.. not yet.

Cheers,

L.S

Alpha Tester
131 posts
1,453 battles

I tried that tactic - err, the whole dam enemy force went there too. Wasn't a long game for me.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

In DDs, choose either game play style...

U-boat style or US SS style.

The former centres around many DD but with the torpedo officer on the OBTs being trigger happy, that's the gamble that you have to take.

The US SS style requires a DD to be a lone hunter in the big expense of the sea. You're left to your own devices to outwit, outplay and out detect the enemy that you meet

Beta Tester
908 posts

Yes, you have [content removed] Kuma players thinking their torps have a heep of range. So they fire them when your in front of them already.

Total disregard for team, I'd wish I can TK these players without penalty.

Slam

General insults. Warning issued.

Twisted0ne

Edited by Twisted0ne

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

There are a lot of muppets on this server who have to test fire their torps before starting out.

They are reported as soon as it happens!

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

I've never understood the "test firing" of guns and/or Torps right at the start.. It's not like they're not going to work.. 

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

People testfiring guns are probably those alt tabbing back in.

Test firing torps, though...yeah. 

Many people don't had the sense to look at "Torpedo Range" at first.

It's understandable - just like how in tanks you probably don't even know what the difference between AP/APCR/HE does in the first few games.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

There are some people in their Japanese destroyer who said to himself at the start of the match: "oh looks it is a big fat American battleship at the starboard side, lets kill them!!!" "Oh wait, why we turned pink?"

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

There are some people in their Japanese destroyer who said to himself at the start of the match: "oh looks it is a big fat American battleship at the starboard side, lets kill them!!!" "Oh wait, why we turned pink?"

Because SEA server.

Because thats what IJN (Or even WWII Japan) Fanbois does.

Because US pure evil.

____ Holes are always ____ Holes, so just report them and don't feed the troll.

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

Pink ships are stronk ships~!

if you a BB, stay away from DD and IJN Cruiser, always stick to friendly CA, what's that? can't follow them cuz you slow? well drive faster :izmena:

always stay away from DD, let them die on their own :D

19 posts
5,144 battles

its annoying as i think the key to winning is to stick together and focus fire. The destroyers provide the AA fire and disrupt the enemy formation with torpedoes. But then idiots shoot my cruiser in the back when we have no enemy even spotted. Dont get me wrong i have accidentally torped a friendly once. But he was hidden behind an enemy.