You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Krieg

Is the Grass Greener on the NA Server Side of the Fence?

54 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Hi Guys,

I made an account and bought a premium (Warspite) on the NA server so that I can play with my brother. Played a lot of games over there the last 4 days.

Here are my observations:

1. I’m in Sydney. My ping was consistently 150 – 200 with no major lag spikes.
  2. Ships in the premium shop.    Asia server now has 1.
  3. Lots of news stories & updates on the portal.
  4. Gameplay is better.
  5. Many games with NO blue line cheats. I did notice a few people doing it but they were quickly chastised by both teams and it stopped.
  6. Lots of in game chat – in English. (edit: yes that is obvious)
  7. Massive forum activity lots WG staff posts in English.
  8. I pretended like I was a newbie. Every question I asked was answered in a very friendly & helpful way. Heck, I even learned something new lol.
  9. Large server population even during our evening hours.

If you are an English speaker and you haven't made an investment here (unlike me) you may want to give it a go over there prior to spending $$ here.

Edited by Krieg

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

i get 108 ping. now i don't know how bad my ping will be but sadly the $$ i've spent will force me to stay. unless WG decides to allow "paid" account transfer like WoW.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

>wallet warriors are too rampant here :D

>No stories to tell here since everyone wants to grind to the top tier ships (which will be rather expensive to maintain imo)

>gameplay is better because they don't complain about the gameplay ("CV OP nerf pls, BB OP nerf pls, Torpedo OP nerf pls")

>no blue line cheats because you get discriminated by a lot of people both on your team and enemy team, unlike here everyone acts like a lone wolf

>Lots of English, of course, it's the U.S what would you expect lol :D here in Asia we have different languages and some doesn't speak English that well, or rather they don't use it at all

>WG staff here has other stuff (WG stuff) to do so I understand that they don't stay much here in the forums, well hey, at least our mods here can do both English and their own language too which is good

>tfw newbies here (some, not all okay) are hostile and would not accept any answers from us and would rather call us noobs for it, tried to be helpful, all I got is rage, taught a newbie something new, all I got was a friendly torpedo from my starboard

>because they don't sleep lol~ evening hours is a time for sleep :D

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,636 battles

You know, After watching "Edit" run and cross the BLUE LINE in his Fuso for the whole match, with him finishing with a win and 4 kills think I might as well head over to NA as well :angry:

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I’m in Sydney. My ping was consistently 150 – 200 with no major lag spikes.

Germany here, hence it doesn't matter much to me it's 150-200ms for both NA and SEA.

Ships in the premium shop.

Don't care, we'll get those sooner or later, too, and I have no need for additional ones atm anyway.

Lots of news stories & updates on the portal.

Agreed, but I guess it's because WG pushes WoWS a lot in NA.

Gameplay is better.

Disagree, gameplay is neither better nor worse, tactics just differ. (Same as with WoT)

Many games with NO blue line cheats. I did notice a few people doing it but they were quickly chastised by both teams and it stopped.

Funny, I can say the same about SEA.

Lots of in game chat – in English.

Dunno, I see enough people over here write in english or respond to the chat.

I have to admit that the chat over at WoWS NA is much less useless than in WoT NA.

Massive forum activity lots WG staff posts in English.

See above.

I pretended like I was a newbie. Every question I asked was answered in a very friendly & helpful way. Heck, I even learned something new lol.

It's never the question, it's the way it's asked, go to the WoWS NA forum and demand shipclass XYZ to be buffed for no specified reason other than "I don't wanna learn to play q.q".

Enjoy the neg rep.

Large server population even during our evening hours.

Yet the SEA population is either the same size or larger. (It's 8pm in the US atm and there's 17k players online)

Edited by Retia

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

You know, After watching "Edit" run and cross the BLUE LINE in his Fuso for the whole match, with him finishing with a win and 4 kills think I might as well head over to NA as well :angry:

Yeah the blue line cheat is really discourage me. It's rampant on users that can't speak english, so even if we say something in the all chat, they might not understand it.

It gets to a point where i don't see why i should play PVP anymore when players can blueline, sink more ships even when facing 3-4 enemy ships, and earn more XP since they won the game. WOWS essentially reward players for abusing game mechanic.

I know i know, it's a beta. :child:

EDIT: don't forget there's no more account wipe, so right now, players who blueline earn more XP and credits than those who don't.

Edited by RG_Kid

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

the kraken permanently eating your ship and crew is coming for blue line abusers :P

That patch can't come soon enough :(

Alpha Tester
982 posts

EDIT: don't forget there's no more account wipe, so right now, players who blueline earn more XP and credits than those who don't.

Unfortunately that is so, so true :(

34 posts
306 battles

Yeah the blue line cheat is really discourage me. It's rampant on users that can't speak english, so even if we say something in the all chat, they might not understand it.

It gets to a point where i don't see why i should play PVP anymore when players can blueline, sink more ships even when facing 3-4 enemy ships, and earn more XP since they won the game. WOWS essentially reward players for abusing game mechanic.

Enlighten me please for I am only 3 days old in this game but what do you mean by blue line cheat? I can easily send my 2xTBs to entrap a CV that is anchored on the edge of the screen...

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

Enlighten me please for I am only 3 days old in this game but what do you mean by blue line cheat? I can easily send my 2xTBs to entrap a CV that is anchored on the edge of the screen...

Right now when a ship is crashing into a map border (which is highlighted as blue line), instead of complete stop, it will still be moving. But it moves in a very hard to predict way since it can change direction fast or slow, the amount of wiggle can also be huge or small. It's pretty difficult to aim at such movement especially if the players are good at this. This is what infuriates me more than any other, i could care less if the abusers can't seem to control their ships well in the blue line. But i had seen players who know how to optimally wiggle their way in the blue line instead of just moving along the line.

I haven't got a chance to try to torp them, most of the time my engagements were limited to non IJN cruisers and destroyers. So mileage may vary.

Edited by RG_Kid

Super Tester
802 posts

Hi Guys,

I made an account and bought a premium (Warspite) on the NA server so that I can play with my brother. Played a lot of games over there the last 4 days.

Here are my observations:

1. I’m in Sydney. My ping was consistently 150 – 200 with no major lag spikes.
  2. Ships in the premium shop.
  3. Lots of news stories & updates on the portal.
  4. Gameplay is better.
  5. Many games with NO blue line cheats. I did notice a few people doing it but they were quickly chastised by both teams and it stopped.
  6. Lots of in game chat – in English.
  7. Massive forum activity lots WG staff posts in English.
  8. I pretended like I was a newbie. Every question I asked was answered in a very friendly & helpful way. Heck, I even learned something new lol.
  9. Large server population even during our evening hours.

If you are an English speaker and you haven't made an investment here (unlike me) you may want to give it a go over there prior to spending $$ here.

1) Sounds like an ISP/Routing issue. Tracert to the login server and see you how you compare to others. With the recent changes my ping has dropped from 250ms on average to 110ms on average, and I'm in a regional area.

2) Who cares.

3) I'll concede this point. Not that WoWS needs to do any PR work given how healthy there server population is at the moment.

4) This is debatable. On both servers I've seen reports of camping, blue line hugging & island poking.

5) See 4.

6) To be expected with a multi-lingual server.

7) Another point I'll concede. Perhaps WG Asia staff are busy working/relaying information back to Europe.

8) And you'll get the same responses here. If you think we'll respond differently based on recent forum activity, then you'll notice that people are complaining more than they are asking questions.

9) At NA primetime, as of yesterday they had 18000 players playing. Meanwhile on the Asia server at primetime .. 9468eff490c99961f3f41ce147bcd52e.png

The Short answer is, what's stopping you? Instead of complaining why don't you just jump over there? You're preaching to the wrong choir, so to speak.

Edited by Counterflak

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,452 battles

My 2c, SEA server does seem to have an awful lot of blue line humpers and its very frustrating. Not only does it kill gameplay, but it greatly dishonours the player and their family :-P

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Actually, due to sea cable layout, its possible for people on the east coast of Australia to get better ping to the NA server than to Asia. Going to NA is a direct cable from around Sydney to the US west coast (or cables via Hawaii). Going to the Asia cluster Singapore, though, requires going cross country across Australia...which quite frankly, isn't really very good...

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

My 2c, SEA server does seem to have an awful lot of blue line humpers and its very frustrating. Not only does it kill gameplay, but it greatly dishonours the player and their family :-P

Blue line camping? SHAMEFRUU DISPRAY SHAMEFUL DISPLAY

Actually, due to sea cable layout, its possible for people on the east coast of Australia to get better ping to the NA server than to Asia. Going to NA is a direct cable from around Sydney to the US west coast (or cables via Hawaii). Going to the Asia cluster Singapore, though, requires going cross country across Australia...which quite frankly, isn't really very good...

WoWS is the only game I play where I'm getting better ping to an Asian server then to a NA one.

NA on other games I get around 190-250ms

WoWS atm I'm getting 108-200ms.

Edited by Chawp

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

WoWS is the only game I play where I'm getting better ping to an Asian server then to a NA one.

NA on other games I get around 190-250ms

WoWS atm I'm getting 108-200ms.

War Thunder SA server game me 150-200 while NA gave me 220.

WoT SEA gave me 180-250+

WoWs Asia gave me in CBT 180-220 now in OBT i get 108 with lagspikes of 150-200.