You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Anchored

In Game Chat

9 comments in this topic

[AUSIE]
8 posts
283 battles

Since i'm a newbie to the game and the ingame chat seems to be all but nonexistent bar the little chat window that no one uses while the battle goes on, i've started a free for all to join voice chat so people can talk while they battle, or have a discussion on game logistics, tips and general game play.

RaidCall is the program , easy to use, free to use and only 15mb DL all  you need is a headset with a Microphone !  The room number is 11347638. Extra rooms , Admins, can be added and it can take upto 200 peeps at once. http://www.raidcall.com/index.html

It would be a good game tool for game help and general chat about how to play, things are easy enough to read but ingame chat and explanations of how things work or ingame tips would be great for all.

If your interested just download and join in, or if you have any questions let me know :)

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

We have official channels in the port for chatting and questions. One channel for in-game help and questions, one for general chat (Off Topic).

Don't really see why we need to direct players out of the game.

Alpha Tester
208 posts
212 battles

Since i'm a newbie to the game and the ingame chat seems to be all but nonexistent bar the little chat window that no one uses while the battle goes on, i've started a free for all to join voice chat so people can talk while they battle, or have a discussion on game logistics, tips and general game play.

RaidCall is the program , easy to use, free to use and only 15mb DL all  you need is a headset with a Microphone !  The room number is 11347638. Extra rooms , Admins, can be added and it can take upto 200 peeps at once. http://www.raidcall.com/index.html

It would be a good game tool for game help and general chat about how to play, things are easy enough to read but ingame chat and explanations of how things work or ingame tips would be great for all.

If your interested just download and join in, or if you have any questions let me know :)

Just fyi , you need to censor *that* word in your sig out

And I think there was already someone with a Teamspeak Channel link in the "Looking for Div" Channel. 

Still , any other forms of communication that allows people to plan/do this/focus fire etc definitely helps - Considering the current state of the game.. Becoming WoT in terms of players actually communicating.

Edited by Airborne447

[AUSIE]
8 posts
283 battles

We have official channels in the port for chatting and questions. One channel for in-game help and questions, one for general chat (Off Topic).

Don't really see why we need to direct players out of the game.

Q, can you use those chats while your in battle mode ?, can you type while you're battling  and direct players to key functions ? Voice chat directs people out of game ? " inserts smartass remark " this is your first online game hon> ( no offence )

I'm aware of the ingame chat, ty, but talking to people playing , while you play so you can confirm key actions is somewhat helpful than just reading about it, trying it, then having to be smashed to pieces and then coming back to port to re-enter the discussion again and start over. I'm not trying to take anything away from the game, and have used RaidCall , or other forms of Voice Chat  to communicate ingame/s for years.

but thanks for the feed back !

[AUSIE]
8 posts
283 battles

Just fyi , you need to censor *that* word in your sig out

And I think there was already someone with a Teamspeak Channel link in the "Looking for Div" Channel. 

Still , any other forms of communication that allows people to plan/do this/focus fire etc definitely helps - Considering the current state of the game.. Becoming WoT in terms of players actually communicating.

the  ' word ' is censored , is spelt  ' politely " , but if it needs to be changed -.- , ffs, let me know..thought this was an " adult game ".

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Q, can you use those chats while your in battle mode ?, can you type while you're battling  and direct players to key functions ? Voice chat directs people out of game ? " inserts smartass remark " this is your first online game hon> ( no offence )

I'm aware of the ingame chat, ty, but talking to people playing , while you play so you can confirm key actions is somewhat helpful than just reading about it, trying it, then having to be smashed to pieces and then coming back to port to re-enter the discussion again and start over. I'm not trying to take anything away from the game, and have used RaidCall , or other forms of Voice Chat  to communicate ingame/s for years.

but thanks for the feed back !

I can most certainly type when I'm battling, given that you can use waypoints and turret locking in-game to have your ships maneuvering while you type. I suggest learning that, speed typing is a very useful skill to have.

There's isn't a lot of key actions you need to confirm. WSAD, move mouse, left-click pretty much covers all of it. Not sure why you'd need voice comms to communicate confirmation for that. The most I can think of is to highlight enemy movements...but control-clicking on the minimap or highlight+G to mark targets has a nice flashy in-game sign. Considering most people already ignore that much, voice comms aren't likely to help more. 

And yes, the forums are PG-13. That includes getting around censorship, which your signature is.

Edited by Syanda

[AUSIE]
8 posts
283 battles

I can most certainly type when I'm battling, given that you can use waypoints and turret locking in-game to have your ships maneuvering while you type. I suggest learning that, speed typing is a very useful skill to have.

There's isn't a lot of key actions you need to confirm. WSAD, move mouse, left-click pretty much covers all of it. Not sure why you'd need voice comms to communicate confirmation for that. The most I can think of is to highlight enemy movements...but control-clicking on the minimap or highlight+G to mark targets has a nice flashy in-game sign. Considering most people already ignore that much, voice comms aren't likely to help more. 

And yes, the forums are PG-13. That includes getting around censorship, which your signature is.

happy ..>.>

Beta Tester
100 posts
1,614 battles

Can a WG dev include in a "general chat" pls? The "off-topic" chat is extremely useless as it is...off topic 90% of the time.

General chat can allow alpha/beta players to help answer the questions of newer players more appropriately, and allows for discussions that don't go "off-topic".

Thanks.

[AUSIE]
8 posts
283 battles

have you lot ever stopped to think outside the damn box ? Voice chat allows a group of ppl to coordinate attacks ingame without the hassle of having to type everything !!  while the in game chat window allows for discussion  of various game play options and battleship preferences it does not allow you to chat while in battle, the in battle window is separate. THIS WHOLE THREAD was a suggestion to an alternative way of communication, especially in battle formats, where certain groups can band together to battle and talk in game and concentrate on the battle not typing what is required on the wild blue waters of WOWS..

this is just wowo...think outside the box !! WOWS unlike many other games way before it use voice chat, get with the times it's not 1980

Edited by Anchored