Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BabySofy

Division with CVs disabled?

6 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
16 posts
513 battles

The "no 2 or more CV in a division" rule still apply.

I understand that during Alpha and Closed Beta phase it has to be implement because the lack of players to balance the match making.

Now, it is Open Beta phase and we have over 20k players active, and we have many players are playing CV now. Shouldn't this rule be gone?

For the whining/flaming/raging newbs and the devs:

This game is about "team play" and "co-operation", you do well and co-operate (focus fire, crossfire torpedo, air superiority..etc) with your team to win the game.

If you are saying division with multiple CVs will be OP and cause the game imbalance, because the division member knows how to work with each other.

Are you also saying the division with multiple BB/CA/DD is OP and should be ban too, because they will crossfire you with torpedo? spam HE shell and light you up? or focus fire with hit to citadel that instant sunk you?

as of my today's division game play record:

with 3 BB, we trash the opponent with focus fire AP shell and win the game

with 3 CA, we focus fire and spam HE shell on opponent, had a total of 8 frags by us and carried the game

are you going to suggest to stop division with multiple BB/CA?

then, would you enlighten me what is the point of playing in a division?

Extra:

Just on a side note, when this rules is not implement yet during closed beta phase, me and my friend party up with both using CV, Langley to be precise, for an evening.

The next day my friend (division commander) received warning letter from WG saying that our CV division had been reported by many players for "ruining their gaming experience".

BAM! the "no multiple CV in a division" rule apply...

stopping team play in a game that emphasize teamwork, good job...

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

"Whining/flaming/raging newbs" was an unnecessary comment.

Carriers have to be limited on each team - single carriers can already destroy ships from a range that they cannot respond. Lower tier carriers can attack with impunity because of the lack of AA under tier 6. Higher tier carriers, especially Japanese ones, carry sufficient squadrons to conduct deck load strikes that are extremely difficult to avoid. Having two carriers, both actively collaborating via voice chat (or perhaps division chat, once its in the game) is pretty much game breaking. In your other examples, three ships focusing fire are still exposed to return fire. This is not so for carriers.

Yes, the game promotes co-operation, but up to a point. The rule is instituted to prevent a tiny subset of players from essentially wrecking every single team they come across, to the point that the game becomes unfun, if not outright impossible to play, for players not playing the exact same way. That's bad game design. The alternative solution to this rule, which I know some players might prefer, would be to take playable carriers out of the game completely. I don't want that, I don't think you want that either, and many players would not be happy with that. So, we're stuck with this - limited carriers per division to stop carrier divisions from making matches unplayable for players not playing in/with carrier divisions.

Edited by Syanda

Beta Tester
72 posts
114 battles

So you can steamroll pubbies by using what's already an "OP" ship in competent hands to begin with? Please.

Unless the players are brain-dead, 2 CVs are more than enough to obliterate an entire team. Heck one is more than enough to swing the tide of the battle with ease.

Versing enemy CVs? No problem! Just acquire an air superiority and now you have all the ships to feast on. It shouldn't be a problem especially when you have the advantage of being in a division with the other CV player.

You just can't compare CVs with other ships when it comes raw fire power. The match will be predetermined and the game will be unbalanced for the rest of the ships.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
949 posts
5,652 battles

I think Syanda summed it up nicely but I will add that at the moment when one team has 2 carriers and the other just 1 most of the time (if the other CV players are any good) they will carrier rush the lone carrier so it becomes even a more unbalanced game of 2 CV's vs none.

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

Alpha Tester
16 posts
513 battles

hmm, i guess its still beta(open) now... let's see the statistic then discuss should this rules be gone or remain? :popcorn:

anyway, after a day of playing CV, less than 10% of the players opt to "dodge" when my torpedo bombers approach them...

P.S i was a little upset when i can't play CV with my friends in the division, pls ignore my raging comments up there :hiding:

167 posts
776 battles

hmm, i guess its still beta(open) now... let's see the statistic then discuss should this rules be gone or remain? :popcorn:

anyway, after a day of playing CV, less than 10% of the players opt to "dodge" when my torpedo bombers approach them...

P.S i was a little upset when i can't play CV with my friends in the division, pls ignore my raging comments up there :hiding:

I think 2 CV (especially IJN CV) enough to kill the entire of my team BB fleet and I can't imagine if we have 3-4 CV in one game..

Sign in to follow this