You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S1L3NC3

How to change server?

11 comments in this topic

1 post
73 battles

I'v just downloaded the open beta for WoWS and played it for a day before realizing that i got the wrong server, is there any way i can swap over? There is no option to select an Asian or SEA server.

Also i just tried to log on again and am now getting the message 'The currently installed version of the game is older than that of the server. Please update game client' but the game is completely up to date. Please help

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Also i just tried to log on again and am now getting the message 'The currently installed version of the game is older than that of the server. Please update game client' but the game is completely up to date. Please help

As for that, please launch it via launcher to update.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Make a shortcut of the launcher to your desktop or quick start bar and you never have to worry about game being out of date.

58 posts
2,867 battles

It is possible just add the various regions to the drop-down selector box (see NA Forums for the instructions; they're tucked away somewhere).

However, it is still best the have the correct 'base client' running, as the update times for each region are different and can give a 12 hour or so conflict period.

I'm happily flipping between ASIA and NA with one client in about 30 seconds (the time it takes to load the game).

8 posts

I got this from the NA server as what Fiona__Marshe said in this thread. Credits to the OP of the post. I tried it and it worked. SS below too

RGeVDsi.png

KNcJl7o.png

I'm originally on the NA server because a friend told me that the pings there are better compared to Asia server based on where we live.