Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
StealTh_Dude

Fighters and Dogfights

8 comments in this topic

8 posts
178 battles

Is there any way you can break out of a dogfight with the enemy Fighters? Im asking because my IJN fighters are hopelessly outmatched by USN ones, and my tactic to use them as bait and bail out of the dogfight when my TB's are done doing their run, arent working as planned, mainly because i cannot seem to kite them out of the dogfight while i have superior speed(i presume) ?

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

Is there any way you can break out of a dogfight with the enemy Fighters? Im asking because my IJN fighters are hopelessly outmatched by USN ones, and my tactic to use them as bait and bail out of the dogfight when my TB's are done doing their run, arent working as planned, mainly because i cannot seem to kite them out of the dogfight while i have superior speed(i presume) ?

nope

you can't get out of a fight although your fighters are faster

IJN fighter is simply useless, don't bring them out

they can't even save your TB above your head

bring 3 TB unless you climb up to tier9-10

Edited by CarbonMonoxide

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

I say keep the fighters. You're bound to run into new players that bring Tora Tora Tora and Murica Brings Freedom CAG. Since they don't have fighter covers... Your fighters will bring honour as well helping to spread the wings of freedom over them

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I say keep the fighters. You're bound to run into new players that bring Tora Tora Tora and Murica Brings Freedom CAG. Since they don't have fighter covers... Your fighters will bring honour as well helping to spread the wings of freedom over them

In short, it means that IJN Fighters are mainly Bomber hunter, they are good at defending surface ships against aerial attacks but that's it.

Although, if you play tier9 or 10 with Fighter heavy setup and Air Supremacy commander skill, you can actually even out against an USN CV (unless he also has Fighter setup and Air Supremacy skill).

I don't like how WG is enforcing these specific nation-based role onto Carriers, I think all CV should get all 3 Balanced-Fighter-Bomber setup instead of just 2 of those. The squad number, planes per squad count and individual plane stats are good enough for differentiation already, enforcing role is something I called negative flexibility.

8 posts
178 battles

Well im actually screwed if i fight an air superiority bogue with 2 fighters, and he happens to have an allied Hosho... cant beat that shield man

I hoped the IJN fighters would be better, i mean if they pick the dogfight perk you're pretty much screwed bcs of that dps increase, and why cant we disengage from the dogfight, dont pilots do that quite often? juking the enemy, hit and run stuff (idk if its true, i read it on some WW2 enthusiast book about japs hit and run on slower allied planes), and by that logic shouldnt faster fighter (and better maenuverablility) have the advantage when dogfighting?

Edited by StealTh_Dude

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

nope

you can't get out of a fight although your fighters are faster

IJN fighter is simply useless, don't bring them out

they can't even save your TB above your head

bring 3 TB unless you climb up to tier9-10

bad bad advice. you'll end up killing all your planes that way if there are other CV players that have figthers. best use the balanced load for IJN carriers.

it's actually quite a myth that IJN figther is big no match to USN figther. that is only because they have less number of planes. plane by plane stat, they are evenly matched. USN have more survivability, while IJN have more DPS. but of course at the end of the day, RNG has at least 50% influence in plane-plane fights.

Well im actually screwed if i fight an air superiority bogue with 2 fighters, and he happens to have an allied Hosho... cant beat that shield man

I hoped the IJN fighters would be better, i mean if they pick the dogfight perk you're pretty much screwed bcs of that dps increase, and why cant we disengage from the dogfight, dont pilots do that quite often? juking the enemy, hit and run stuff (idk if its true, i read it on some WW2 enthusiast book about japs hit and run on slower allied planes), and by that logic shouldnt faster fighter (and better maenuverablility) have the advantage when dogfighting?

if bogue gets 2 figthers he's totally useless attacking ships. also remind you that there is a big difference in fighter strength between 1 tier of CVs. you'll see more what i'm talking about as you play more.

tip: always group your figther together and have them attack the same target at the same time when you are outmatched by USN figthers. you'll easily beat a same tier USN figther that way.

P.S: USN have faster , better armoured and better armed figthers.  IJN has more maneuverable, and longer ranged figthers.

you can't disengage in a dogfight once you turned into your enemy since you already bled most of your speed for escape from the turn and your just giving your enemy upper hand if you escape.

Edited by Deicide

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

In short, it means that IJN Fighters are mainly Bomber hunter, they are good at defending surface ships against aerial attacks but that's it.

Although, if you play tier9 or 10 with Fighter heavy setup and Air Supremacy commander skill, you can actually even out against an USN CV (unless he also has Fighter setup and Air Supremacy skill).

I don't like how WG is enforcing these specific nation-based role onto Carriers, I think all CV should get all 3 Balanced-Fighter-Bomber setup instead of just 2 of those. The squad number, planes per squad count and individual plane stats are good enough for differentiation already, enforcing role is something I called negative flexibility.

I'm worried how are they going to configure the CVs for the RN, Red Navy and the Kriegsmarine

Alpha Tester
20 posts
714 battles

IJN fighters aren't that weak, if you use proper tactic like baiting enemy fighters to your CAs, you can actually shoot down 2 USN squads with 1 IJN squad, well it happened to me once.

Or you can sacrifice them and use them to buy time for your TB/DB to safely attack the enemy carrier.

Tbh, I prefer that once your fighters get engaged into a dogfight you can't get out of it until one of them get shot down, I think it makes CV players to be more considerable when using their fighters.

Edited by thekrisn4

Sign in to follow this