Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TRLOS

Damage Mechanic Re-think

6 comments in this topic

1 post
791 battles

Here is an idea for a new damage mechanic for the game.

Instead of having a single damage counter for ships, perhaps it would be better to divide the damage between the left and right side of the ship.
Have a image of the ship from a birds-eye-view with 2 levels (left and right side) of the ship.
This way, if 1 side of the ship is taking severe damage, a player and maneuver the ship to put the other side of the ship to the enemy and continue playing.

When it comes to ship damage registry, shots to the hull get counted against the side of the ship it was hit from.

Fire damages both sides of the ship.
Shots to the deck and anything above it get counted to both sides

This way, it adds a level of difficulty in tactics for players.

Edited by TRLOS

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Here is an idea for a new damage mechanic for the game.

Instead of having a single damage counter for ships, perhaps it would be better to divide the damage between the left and right side of the ship.

Have a image of the ship from a birds-eye-view with 2 levels (left and right side) of the ship.

This way, if 1 side of the ship is taking severe damage, a player and maneuver the ship to put the other side of the ship to the enemy and continue playing.

When it comes to ship damage registry, shots to the hull get counted against the side of the ship it was hit from.

Fire damages both sides of the ship.

Shots to the deck and anything above it get counted to both sides

This way, it adds a level of difficulty in tactics for players.

You know that if one side takes too much damage, the ship gonna take on water, capsize and sink right?  Atleast realistically that's the way it was.

I don't really see the point of dividing damage between sides. If WG gonna implement something like modular-based damage model, it's gonna be more than just 2 parts. (Bow, Stern, mid ship, superstructure, etc) Although since this game is arcade-ish, it's unlikely such would be considered. Heck the damage model of this game is already more complicated than WoT already.

1,230 posts
2,389 battles

Ah, I both agree and disagree with you,  I agree that damage mechanism should be reworked, in some points saying, not just fire an flood, we need ship list, that will make players harder to aim while listing, and also when listing, her maneuverbility have to be reduced.And at some point, capsize and sunk, there should also have a counterflooding skill to reduce list. Something like that

The other damage mechanism are ok in my opinion

Edited by Conkhead_12

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Ah, I both agree and disagree with you,  I agree that damage mechanism should be reworked, in some points saying, not just fire an flood, we need ship list, that will make players harder to aim while listing, and also when listing, her maneuverbility have to be reduced.And at some point, capsize and sunk, there should also have a counterflooding skill to reduce list. Something like that

The other damage mechanism are ok in my opinion

How do you implement the "harder to aim" thing when a ship is listing? The game already did the computations for you, unless it is WT's mechanics where you have to elevate your gun manually to get a firing solution. (Sry WG I'm naughty, but I like your auto-calculated gun elevation mechanics :hiding:)

Reduced maneuverability from flooding has already been implemented, but it's temporary when you are having the flood debuff from torpedo hit. After repair team did the job, there's no flooding.

Stuffs and stuffs so on.

In short, my point is that this isn't a realistic/simulator-oriented game like WT. I find the current damage mechanics acceptable but still need some (small) tweaks such as AP damage reliability.

8 posts
178 battles

Does anybody know if the current damage mechanics grant secondary/AA guns destruction when hit? such as when you use the HE DB's (stil waiting for AP :)) or regular HE and cause fire, or maybe direct AP hits that trashes the hull? would be great to know.

Sign in to follow this