Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Alfreuson

WoWS is a loooooooooooooong way from becoming "live".

24 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

1. de-sync

2. blue line

3. mm

4. no xp/credit after battle

5. disconnects from server during battle and after relogging right away, you are in port, not in battle.

6. description box suddenly became too transparent that it hurts your eyes trying to read it.

7. and so much more!

I've been experiencing it all, or should I say: we're all experiencing it all, these were present in CBT, still are after the big patch for OBT...

WG priorities... :sceptic:

It's actually boring me for the past few days to play this game, more frustrating than fun... I'm actually starting to feel good I didn't buy that Atago yet... :sceptic:

Alpha Tester
208 posts
212 battles

Can we add nbr.8?

- More noobs that torpedo allies.. (Thanks to no tutorial and most of them not spending the time to know their torpedos and how to use it effectively)

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

A little bit more and amma just revert back to WoT...... such a disappointment... :sceptic:

But I'm bored of WoT already...

Worst case scenario? Quit playing WG games eventaully...

Edited by Alfreuson

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

Makes me remember that ALL games die, it's just a matter of devs' performance on delaying it... But if WG keeps this up... they'll be up sooner than they would expect...

And I doubt I'm the only one thingking about this... :sceptic:

Beta Tester
257 posts

Makes me remember that ALL games die, it's just a matter of devs' performance on delaying it... But if WG keeps this up... they'll be up sooner than they would expect...

And I doubt I'm the only one thingking about this... :sceptic:

You are not alone. Playing this game right now is painful 90% of the time. Shame, had such high hopes.

Alpha Tester
208 posts
212 battles

You are not alone. Playing this game right now is painful 90% of the time. Shame, had such high hopes.

It was all good ... Until they heard the cries of the population and nerfed whatever they said .. And increased the grind

Beta Tester
105 posts
1,646 battles

The only issue I have right now is allied torps in my butt. Nothing crashes/bugs for me much other than the occasional "first-battle-takes-pain-in-the-ass-long-to-load-in" issue.

Oh yeah, can we please have a couple of port slots more without having to buy doubloons since its going to be unified with gold in the future and I don't want to flood my unified accounts with crapload of gold from both games? Thanks.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,536 battles

1. de-sync

No problems for me atm, although it could be the route your internet connection takes.

2. blue line

Typical beta problem, just like when you could fly into the border in WoWP after your 08/15 team died and watch all the

enemy planes on your six crash due to the auto pilot, which they later "fixed" by making planes go through each other when flying past the border...

3. mm

Lots of people grinding, experienced and newbies, unbalanced CV matchmaking (And everything else about CVs...),

and a couple more factors.

Hence I assume any issue will self-resolve itself in a week or two, the CV problem will stay until WG re-balances those... i.e. when hell freezes. 

No idea, never had that, I assume a bug report exists, hence it's prolly on the dev's list and will be fixed sooner or later.

5. disconnects from server during battle and after relogging right away, you are in port, not in battle.

Same as above.

6. description box suddenly became too transparent that it hurts your eyes trying to read it.

Screenshot plz

7. and so much more!

Believe it or not, but CVs aside this open beta is actually ahead of WoT's.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Honestly the biggest bug i have seen since the very start of closed beta is before i bought my cleveland the tech tree was telling me it needed as much xp as pensacola to unlock and that was only for about 5 minutes, literally the biggest bug i have seen in months and it was tiny.

Am i like one of the only people who doesnt get dced and so on lol? 

3 posts
525 battles

It's a work in progress, off course there will be teething problem, but loooooooooooooong way from becoming live it's not. I'm playing it now (multi monitor), no problem whatsoever. Still confused about the game mechanics, but I sink two ships on my last battle, that was nice I guess.

One thing the game needs right now... TUTORIAL!

Beta Tester
257 posts

I'm going to be blunt and say it, this game is half baked. They're pushing it out and opening the stores for purchases to make what they can off it before people lose interest. Lessons learned from WoWP?

4,163 posts
1,877 battles

I basically live next to the server, and my connection has been completely stable so far, despite there being 24k players online at peak. Ping sitting rock steady at 35-40ms.

My guess is that a lot of the packet loss issues may be caused by the submarine cables, and anyone suffering from packet loss/frequent disconnects should definitely run a pathping or tracert to the WoWS server to check out where the problem is, if their own connections else where are stable.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I'm going to be blunt and say it, this game is half baked. They're pushing it out and opening the stores for purchases to make what they can off it before people lose interest. Lessons learned from WoWP?

I said many times before, this game had Great Gameplay but the Mechanics and Balance is Nowhere near in Finished state.

But for WG, is it $$$ or a Finished game? I wonder.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

yes sir. It's all for the $$$. They also have very minimal contact to players specially in this sh8thole(for them) the SEA server. CV gameplay has been long complained about among tons of things, nothing has changed and actually some has gone worse. I'll probably quit this game after my premium run out if devs stay like this.

my advice for new players, don't spend a dime on this game because right now, it's looking like a train wreck. It will probably end up as a casual ship enthusiast hangout and not the competitive game we are hoping for.

Edited by Deicide

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

yes sir. It's all for the $$$. They also have very minimal contact to players specially in this sh8thole(for them) the SEA server. CV gameplay has been long complained about among tons of things, nothing has changed and actually some has gone worse. I'll probably quit this game after my premium run out if devs stay like this.

my advice for new players, don't spend a dime on this game because right now, it's looking like a train wreck. It will probably end up as a casual ship enthusiast hangout and not the competitive game we are hoping for.

It is sad but you are probably right... 

Wargaming are being far too greedy when it comes to this game and they are expecting people to spend money on it due to in built frustration grinding. its kinda some grade A BS 

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

This is exactly my current mind-set, no matter how much I wanna buy Atago/Atlanta (back when they were still available for purchase), I DIDN'T. And won't until I see that this game is actually being taken "proper" care by the devs and planned to be a long-life game, and not just some money-hogging rip-off game...

DON'T SPEND A DIME UNTIL YOU SEE AND FEEL THAT THIS GAME IS PROPERLY FIXED. <- THAT'S A TRUE ADVICE FOR NEWBIES.

REGRET is never at the beginning, it is ALWAYS AT THE END...

Super Tester
802 posts

I guess now is the time to remind people that it's an Open Beta Test. Compared to where WoT was during it's OBT, WoWS is so far ahead of it in terms of in-game balance. Sure it's not perfect but that's where your feedback is needed. Rather than complain about issues on the forums, submit a bug report, provide feedback.

1. de-sync

2. blue line

3. mm

I'd only consider the above to be issues that most people seem to have, while these:

7. and so much more!

Are the first I've heard of. So either they're so rare that no one has had an issue or no one has mentioned it to the Devs yet.

As for this server dying, based on current number in the last 4 days I don't think that's going to happen especially when our numbers online are similar to NA.

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

How is WoWP doing? Is it having enough progress?

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

How is WoWP doing? Is it having enough progress?

doing unbelievably badly because you simply can't have WG mechanics in a plane game and have it be "fun"

that and how WoWP was rushed out very quickly to try and compete with War Thunder, upon which it failed rather spectacularly on that aspect.

I don't know how its development is going or if its even being actually cared for anymore, but last I heard people really didn't like the HP system in the game and the fact that heavy fighters ruled EVERYTHING.

Not too sure on the population though.

Sign in to follow this