Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MrBSRK

a lot of grind with Myogi...

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2 posts
902 battles

I'm trying to researching the Japan tree right now.

I can alway get around 1000-2000rp a match with ship like Tenryu and Watakatake and even Kawachi

but when I play Myogi. For some reason. I never get more than 500rp a match at all... even with 2 or more ship sunk. I can get more rp than this when playing Destroyer and sink only 1 ship. grinding this thing is sooo boring and made me want to stop playing.

First i thought it just a research rate of tier IV. but after I play Kuma and easily get 1000-2000 a match. I knew that wasn't the case...

Did I do something wrong? or is It just a problem with the game right now?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Nothing wrong with the Myougi's reward, its not earning less exp or anything. You just gotta figure out how to play it, since its a much different ship from anything you've played.

Myougi's armaments are her main cannons. No torpedoes, unlike the other ships you play. Go a few rounds in co-op mode to figure out how to aim and fire them, and how to hit with them. Learn where to land your shots on a target ship.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Also AP into the citadels of other BBs, only really works at mid/low range due to shell dispersion though...

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

That too. Myougi's citadel hits are instant 10k damage, I believe. Problem is that she has only six of them in a salvo, and dispersion hurts.

Edited by Syanda

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Yeah, gotta be below 7km I reckon.

Also get that C hull upgrade asap, then engine, then range.

Stock range isn't bad enough to justify getting it early, hitpoints are crucial and the engine gives a whooping 3 or 4 knots, which is fairly good for a BB.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Not to mention one of the hull upgrades unlocks the spotter plane, which can be absolutely hilarious on maps like Big Race where you can basically start off in gun range of enemy carriers...

Beta Tester
256 posts
4,199 battles

And until you get that final hull, enjoy being torpedo bait for CVs. The second hull gives you a fleet of dinghies on your deck but no AAA. :trollface:

I'm about halfway through my Myogi grind and hating the turd. RNG dispersion is ridiculous in this patch and makes it incredibly frustrating to play.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

I'm trying to researching the Japan tree right now.

I can alway get around 1000-2000rp a match with ship like Tenryu and Watakatake and even Kawachi

but when I play Myogi. For some reason. I never get more than 500rp a match at all... even with 2 or more ship sunk. I can get more rp than this when playing Destroyer and sink only 1 ship. grinding this thing is sooo boring and made me want to stop playing.

First i thought it just a research rate of tier IV. but after I play Kuma and easily get 1000-2000 a match. I knew that wasn't the case...

Did I do something wrong? or is It just a problem with the game right now?

I believe damage dealt is the main source of EXP, getting the last hit/killshot doesn't really mean that much. I assume your getting more exp from your CA/DD since your landing more shots hence the potential to deal more damage + torps.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

And until you get that final hull, enjoy being torpedo bait for CVs. The second hull gives you a fleet of dinghies on your deck but no AAA.

*Shrug* That's what BBs have hitpoints for.

T60ScSA.jpg

aqOBHY0.jpg

qkeTn5y.jpg

Beta Tester
256 posts
4,199 battles

*Shrug* So, because you have a couple screenshots of yourself dodging a torp spread everything is okay? Right...

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

*Shrug* So, because you have a couple screenshots of yourself dodging a torp spread everything is okay? Right...

Actually if you look at the screenshots, you will realise that one of the torpedoes hit me.

I.e. the argument I was making wasn't "Everything is okay" but rather "BBs can take a hit or two, no probs".

Given they aren't hit by the universe's great justic and get their magazine blown up for not even trying to dodge. :x

7dI8nqs.jpg

3wk0mSQ.jpg

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Actually if you look at the screenshots, you will realise that one of the torpedoes hit me.

I.e. the argument I was making wasn't "Everything is okay" but rather "BBs can take a hit or two, no probs".

Given they aren't hit by the universe's great justic and get their magazine blown up for not even trying to dodge. :x

7dI8nqs.jpg

3wk0mSQ.jpg

To be fair Retia they have made it so that BB's will always take at least 1 torpedo hit from plane drops, no way to avoid all of them anymore even if you start turning when the planes are 10km away from you. Not that its an incredibly bad thing, CV were not reliable enough with the old aim system, it was high risk high reward with a high chance of failure. 
Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

7dI8nqs.jpg

3wk0mSQ.jpg

ya torpedo or two. myogis die from 1-2 sorties on average unopposed and this is coming from a cv player. faint a myogi to turn hard, launch torp from outside its turn, watch it eat 6 torp and die. if he survives and repairs flood, wait 20 sec and bomb him with fire and he's sure dead. no sweat
Edited by Deicide

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

To be fair Retia they have made it so that BB's will always take at least 1 torpedo hit from plane drops, no way to avoid all of them anymore even if you start turning when the planes are 10km away from you.

Sometimes, it's impossible to dodge them all, especially with CV manual drop the best one can hope for (regularly) is 1-2 hits, hence why aircraft torpedoes don't

do as much damage as those launched by DDs.

But... you know... that's why BBs can have 4 repair parties and pop them every 80s.

ya torpedo or two. myogis die from 1-2 sorties on average unopposed and this is coming from a cv player. faint a myogi to turn hard, launch torp from outside its turn, watch it eat 6 torp and die. if he survives and repairs flood, wait 20 sec and bomb him with fire and he's sure dead. no sweat

Hence why I don't turn hard with a BB when torpedo bombers are incoming.

That's for the final approach.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Hence why I don't turn hard with a BB when torpedo bombers are incoming.

That's for the final approach.

feint is the keyword. fly straight like dropping a torp and make ships turn but fly straight through the other side then launch from outside. only works on ships with weak AA though.

Edited by Deicide

Sign in to follow this