You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
lethalcoy

mm yet again

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
28 posts
4,670 battles

shot-15.07.03_21.25.26-0386.jpg

this on a domination map

thought this would be better by now.  quite a few battles as well

with 1 cv going against 2 higher tier cv.  nearly every battle so far 

people rush to blue line and stay there whole battle/ not whole team but at least 3 nearly every battle 

something needs to be done asap

shot-15.07.03_21.25.26-0386.jpg

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I don't see any major problem with MM in that screenshot. Are you sure you uploaded the right one?

If you're referring to the Erie in there, that's because of the division function - and is the fault of the players.

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

I don't see any major problem with MM in that screenshot. Are you sure you uploaded the right one?

If you're referring to the Erie in there, that's because of the division function - and is the fault of the players.

syanda is correct

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Judging by his comment in the post, I'm sure he uploaded the wrong screenshot.

But yes, unbalanced CV match-ups, blue line abusers, both problems were noted for a long while even at the start of CBT.

WG said they took note of the problem, whether have there any solution been planned I don't know, but they said it's not on high priority.

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

There should be a restriction when forming division with different tier ships, espescially with tier I. Now if you want to see an imbalance MM, I can give you one example down here. Want to guess whose team won that game? Ofcourse we lost, half of our team dead in the first few minutes of the game. What I want to say is, skill and team work mostly won the game, even when your team is at disadvantage. 9ix08j.jpg

Edited by Artisto81

Beta Tester
28 posts
4,670 battles

i was mainly referring to the fact that enemy team had 4 dds  we had none

this on domination meant that they capped all 3 bases. 

as soon as anyone approached bases they were under heavy fire

from bb and torp waves. dds spotting us with us having no chance to get near them

why couldnt there be 2 on each team instead of 4 on one team 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

That's a poor line of argument.

You had five cruisers to their four destroyers, not counting the Erie and Chikuma (who are still capable of fighting off destroyers). That's an advantage for your team since cruiser guns make mincemeat of destroyers at range the moment their locations are known. And since you stated it was a domination match, your team should have known the destroyers would be charging to cap and ought to have positioned themselves to drive them off or kill them if they attempted to cap. Four Phoenixes and a Kuma are more than sufficient to handle destroyers, and hell, can even give battleships at that tier problems from HE spam. 

Your team got outplayed. That's not MM's fault when it happens.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

WG (SerB) have stated that unbalanced platoons/divisions/whatever it's called in the game are not an issue.

The platoon/division will be matched according to the highest MM weighting of any individual in the division.

(not saying I agree, just putting the official stance)

Beta Tester
28 posts
4,670 battles

That's a poor line of argument.

You had five cruisers to their four destroyers, not counting the Erie and Chikuma (who are still capable of fighting off destroyers). That's an advantage for your team since cruiser guns make mincemeat of destroyers at range the moment their locations are known. And since you stated it was a domination match, your team should have known the destroyers would be charging to cap and ought to have positioned themselves to drive them off or kill them if they attempted to cap. Four Phoenixes and a Kuma are more than sufficient to handle destroyers, and hell, can even give battleships at that tier problems from HE spam. 

Your team got outplayed. That's not MM's fault when it happens.

cruisers can take out dds easy WHEN they can see them   cruisers did go to cap to stop it but were wasted by long range fire from bbs

we got outplayed  dam right we did.  if we had dds as well i wonder what the results would have been.

kinda amazed you think we had the advantage. why not 2 dd on each team instead of 4 on one, none on the other

just my opinion , you have yours      anyway peace out and have fun :)

Beta Tester
100 posts
1,614 battles

kinda amazed you think we had the advantage. why not 2 dd on each team instead of 4 on one, none on the other

just my opinion , you have yours      anyway peace out and have fun :)

Because life is unforgiving and its never evenly matched. Even IRL the yamato had to pull back from a swarm of USN DDs (go read up some history). So yeah, outplay, not outmatch your opponents in the lineups. Don't make this a game based heavily on "oh look what ships we have, it determines our outcome" ideology.

Have fun out there.

Beta Tester
28 posts
4,670 battles

Because life is unforgiving and its never evenly matched. Even IRL the yamato had to pull back from a swarm of USN DDs (go read up some history). So yeah, outplay, not outmatch your opponents in the lineups. Don't make this a game based heavily on "oh look what ships we have, it determines our outcome" ideology.

Have fun out there.

actually i know my history quite well, im 51 yrs old and have been a big airforce , naval, army buff since a child . your referring to the battle of leyte gulf , the battle of samar

what those men did is incredible and will never be forgotten but this is a game not real life

we want and need as many players as possible more the better but some of the mm ive seen will put alot of players off this game (eg 2 tier 5 cvs against 1 tier 4 cv )

i generally do well whatever the mm is but all im saying is that where possible mm should balance the different classes evenly. you dont see one side with bb the other side with none

you dont see one side with cruisers the other side with none. the chat rage when one side has a cv the other side dont. this loses players

every class can kill every class in this game but stacking one team with a class giving the other team none (when it could easly have done so) isnt good mm in my opinion

181 posts
905 battles

it's still more a case of being outplayed as opposed to MM having a melt down. Your side should of known the DDs would be harder to spot and would of rushed the caps and should of as many have said modified their movements accordingly. that being said BBs fire slowly, at most ranges have alot of shot dispersion and generally can be avoided my moving your ships heading and adjusting speeds all in all making yourself as unpredictable as possible. (something I'm forcing myself to relearn apparently) 

if you're losing ships to long range BB shots then said ships are moving in a predictable fashion and deserve to be destroyed....

Beta Tester
28 posts
4,670 battles

it's still more a case of being outplayed as opposed to MM having a melt down. Your side should of known the DDs would be harder to spot and would of rushed the caps and should of as many have said modified their movements accordingly. that being said BBs fire slowly, at most ranges have alot of shot dispersion and generally can be avoided my moving your ships heading and adjusting speeds all in all making yourself as unpredictable as possible. (something I'm forcing myself to relearn apparently) 

if you're losing ships to long range BB shots then said ships are moving in a predictable fashion and deserve to be destroyed....

yeah agreed my team should have known but sadly......    seems lately teams are losing the plot  rushing to thier deaths or camping the back of map

tactics are out the window at moment. so many dds rushing me in my cruiser O-o, never seen it so bad, tier 3,4,5 us cruisers have great firepower 

and i have killed so many dds (most of my kills are dds)  my op battle was actually a good one for me. was last one alive. jinking, weaving seeing how long 

i could survive but rest of team chat raging. mm will never be perfect but i think it could be better 

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

MM been extra drunk tonight, one game where enemy team had 5 dd and we had NONE .. then a game with 2 carriers on enemy team and 1 for us .. annnnd the enemy got the highest tier carrier .. surely if a team gets 1 vs 2 carriers they could at least get the higher tier?  Oh and that same game they got more and higher tier dd ... ..  then there's the tier 5-6 game with 1 armagi thrown in for good measure (just on the enemy side of  course).   I don't mind losing games due to good play, but when the odds are so stacked before you begin ...   I hope this gets fixed and not just ignored while more shiney objects get thrown into the fray each patch.