Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
velyan

Upgrades for a cleveland

12 comments in this topic

[MYTH]
3 posts
5,531 battles

Hey, first post here,

I was thinking that I might keep my cleveland for a while once I get it so I was going to max upgrades on it and keep my best captain with it.

My question is for your main guns upgrade, would you go with 'Gunfire control system' for increased accuracy or 'Main battery modification 2' for 10% increased loading time and 15% increased aiming speed.

I was thinking 'Main battery modification' because I was guessing the bonus would be multiplicative with the talents 'Basic firing training' and 'Aiming expert' but I was also going to grab the talent 'Advanced firing range' before 'Demolition expert' for the 20% increase in range so due to that I thought the accuracy from 'Gunfire control system' might be more important.

So I'm in a bit of a quandry, anyone got suggestions on which would be better?

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

10% increased loading time

10% slower loading for 15% faster turret turn speed, which anything that isn't a JP DD doesn't need and even with JP DDs I don't use it.

Just go with increased accuracy for maximising damage.

Beta Tester
35 posts
1,224 battles

Go with the accuracy.  If you are still having trouble getting your turrets on point even after trying your best to position yourself well, get the rudder upgrade on third slot and turn in the same direction as the turret to get it to move faster.

167 posts
776 battles

Hey, first post here,

I was thinking that I might keep my cleveland for a while once I get it so I was going to max upgrades on it and keep my best captain with it.

My question is for your main guns upgrade, would you go with 'Gunfire control system' for increased accuracy or 'Main battery modification 2' for 10% increased loading time and 15% increased aiming speed.

I was thinking 'Main battery modification' because I was guessing the bonus would be multiplicative with the talents 'Basic firing training' and 'Aiming expert' but I was also going to grab the talent 'Advanced firing range' before 'Demolition expert' for the 20% increase in range so due to that I thought the accuracy from 'Gunfire control system' might be more important.

So I'm in a bit of a quandry, anyone got suggestions on which would be better?

Cleveland upgraded gun has more slower turning compare to the stock gun but have a very good Rate of fire but you don't really need aiming speed, go for accuracy instead for better damage output.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

cruiser guns are already accurate so accuracy have hardly uses.

15% aiming speed might be nice if your play style is close quarter.

+20% range and accuracy for secondary guns are useful so you can just ignore some lower tier dd while try to focus on larger ship. also help on 1-1 vs cruiser.

+20% range on AA is not that great since cleveland guns got nerf.

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

10% slower loading for 15% faster turret turn speed, which anything that isn't a JP DD doesn't need and even with JP DDs I don't use it.

Actually quite useful on the Gremyashschy, when used with the skill that makes turrets turn faster (forgot the name), losing a little bit of paper DPM in exchanged for being much more able to keep your guns pointed the right way when manoeuvring results in a much higher effective DPM.

Outside of the Gremy's unique role (or presumably at least until the Soviet DDs are released) I agree it has very little use.

[MYTH]
3 posts
5,531 battles

Thanks for the response guys, accuracy it is.

One more question,

cruiser guns are already accurate so accuracy have hardly uses.
15% aiming speed might be nice if your play style is close quarter.
+20% range and accuracy for secondary guns are useful so you can just ignore some lower tier dd while try to focus on larger ship. also help on 1-1 vs cruiser.
+20% range on AA is not that great since cleveland guns got nerf.

am i right in thinking that 'Advanced firing range' will affect the Clevelands main batteries as they are under 155mm, Yansuki has me thinking that it might only be the secondaries

Cheers

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

am i right in thinking that 'Advanced firing range' will affect the Clevelands main batteries as they are under 155mm, Yansuki has me thinking that it might only be the secondaries

It should, aside from the differences in what they do, basic firing training has essentially the same description, and I know for a fact it affects primary guns below 155mm, so I don't see any reason why the same would not be true for advanced firing training.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Thanks for the response guys, accuracy it is.

One more question,

Cheers

It should, aside from the differences in what they do, basic firing training has essentially the same description, and I know for a fact it affects primary guns below 155mm, so I don't see any reason why the same would not be true for advanced firing training.

nope, this skill should only affect secondary guns. the skill description is similar to basic firing training where it says 155mm guns but in actually it only applies to secondary guns.

if they affect 155mm main guns that that will make cruiser with small caliber guns imba because the can out-range tier tier 3-4 IJN and  3-7 USN battleship without giving them a chance to shoot back at them.

here are the details of the skills:

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-040-patch-notes/

Edited by yansuki

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

nope, this skill should only affect secondary guns. the skill description is similar to basic firing training where it says 155mm guns but in actually it only applies to secondary guns.

And how do you know for certain? There's nothing that would indicate it only applies to secondaries, so what am I missing (a single sentence in the patch notes isn't enough, plus it's not necessarily correct) that has so thoroughly convinced you it only applies to secondaries? 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

And how do you know for certain? There's nothing that would indicate it only applies to secondaries, so what am I missing (a single sentence in the patch notes isn't enough, plus it's not necessarily correct) that has so thoroughly convinced you it only applies to secondaries? 

The original skill only applied to secondaries. We're not sure as yet whether the skill applying to primary batteries too is intended behaviour.

Sign in to follow this