You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
U12D13

WG Unified Account

62 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
100 posts
1,614 battles

I have some questions about the unified account - what actually carries over into this game?

For starters, premium time is shared among the games. That one I can already confirm.

But what about gold? Will it remain as piasters/doubloons or will it be unified to include gold as well? This is particularly important as I don't want to end up spending a large one-off sum (since its cheaper per unit of "gold" in the large bundles) for doubloons, only for it to be unified with the remaining mountain of gold in my WoT account (mainly from WG contests/competitions lol). 

I doubt credits and xp will be shared though, as the model in which it is earned is completely different. 

And will clans be unified among the different game titles or will each game entitle me to join in different clans (if it were to be implemented in the first place).

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

The plan is that eventually gold and free XP will be shared between WoT and WoWS.

Currently they're afraid that there would be a huge influx of seasoned WoT players dumping gold and free XP into WoWS, putting the game economy off balance, so those two aren't shared yet.

The only thing shared at the moment is premium time.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,645 battles

One other thing that will be shared is your Clan, WoWp already has shared clans, ie. the tank clan you are in (on WoT) will be the same as your ship clan

Alpha Tester
982 posts

One other thing that will be shared is your Clan, WoWp already has shared clans, ie. the tank clan you are in (on WoT) will be the same as your ship clan

That's a great idea but I don't see it working out so well. Not everyone in WoT will want to be CW active in WoWS or vice-versa. Weaken your clan in one game to be strong in another? What's the point in having the "other" clan unless it's just for social purposes.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

The plan is that eventually gold and free XP will be shared between WoT and WoWS.

No, the plan currently is Gold to be shared, Free XP will most likely NOT be shared due to how you earn xp in both games.

When the finial decision is made, an announcement will be made

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Free XP will most likely NOT be shared due to how you earn xp in both games.

It "could" be shared. However, there would have to be a conversion rate. You couldn't transfer it 1:1 as that would be an exploit. I don't think we'll see it anytime soon unless WG comes up with a method to do it AND generate revenue from it. Until then it will be in the "nice to have" bin rather than the "get it done" bin.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,645 battles

That's a great idea but I don't see it working out so well. Not everyone in WoT will want to be CW active in WoWS or vice-versa. Weaken your clan in one game to be strong in another? What's the point in having the "other" clan unless it's just for social purposes.

There was a lot of complaint when they did it over on the WoWp NA server. will have to see if they go for it again on WoWS

115 posts
2,638 battles

The only thing shared at the moment is premium time.

So just to confirm, if right now I buy premium time in my WoT account, my WoWS account will also have premium time too?

The reason I'm asking is that I have ~4,000 gold in my WoT account but I currently taking a break from WoT (kinda bored) and want to play WoWS instead, so if I buy premium time in WoT but I can't use it in WoWS it would be a waste of my WoT gold. Thanks for any confirmation.

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,245 battles

Just give us access to our damned gold. We've paid real money into your (wargaming's) coffers. Make it happen like you said you would 2~3 years ago!

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,645 battles

No, the plan currently is Gold to be shared, Free XP will most likely NOT be shared due to how you earn xp in both games.

When the finial decision is made, an announcement will be made

I'm must say I'm a bit pee'ed that 'free xp' will not be shared like in WoWp/WoT I have been grinding WoT of late and with the 1 gold = 35 free xp promotion (where I spent some gold not for WoT but for WoWs as 'free xp' had always been put forward as part of the perks of the 'unified accounts') now I'm hearing I wasted my gold. Not happy :angry:

If it is ok for 'free xp' sharing on WoT to WoWP then perhaps the dev should workout how to make it right for WoWs instead of (put in what word you like to describe how you think I feel)

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,645 battles

On December 10, 2013, Free Experience (XP) in World of Tanks and World of Warplanes becomes unified. This creates a further unified Wargaming.net account, along with the combined Premium account time and Gold. Thanks to this enhancement, tank commanders, pilots, and in the future, sailors will receive an easy-to-use, common service for the whole Wargaming war trilogy.

What is Free Experience, and what is it used for?

Free XP is earned during battles in World of Tanks and World of Warplanes, but it’s not connected to any specific tank or plane, and thus can be used to research any vehicle or module in either game.

After the battle, 5% of the XP received by player on either a ground vehicle or plane is automatically converted to Free XP. At the same time, all XP received on Elite or Premium vehicles can be converted into Free XP via spending Gold.

Having a certain amount of Free Experience allows a player to research and improve vehicles in World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, and, in the future, World of Warships. Thanks to Free XP, any battle machine can be equipped with top modules in an instant, thus allowing players to enjoy the best characteristics possible from the start of the first battle in that vehicle.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/17/free-exp-wot-wowp/?page=1

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,645 battles

Having a certain amount of Free Experience allows a player to research and improve vehicles in World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, and, in the future, World of Warships.

Just thought I would highlight the important bit :great:

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,645 battles

Don't thanks me, I knew the guys on the NA forum would be all over it so I ran it passed them, in less then an hour someone dug up that 'free xp' page by WG. :great:

Beta Tester
100 posts
1,614 battles

Having a certain amount of Free Experience allows a player to research and improve vehicles in World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, and, in the future, World of Warships.

Just thought I would highlight the important bit :great:

Well, for game implementation reasons that could be shelved. It IS their game after all. The rights still belong to them.

+1 for finding that thread though :D

Just give us access to our damned gold. We've paid real money into your (wargaming's) coffers. Make it happen like you said you would 2~3 years ago!

Sure, but not as of now. Since we don't want an influx of dumb and dumber free exp/paying their way up the tiers. One thing though, we could use a few more port slots.

Edited by U12D13

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,645 battles

You will get more port slots. One more for the Russian line, then one more for the British line and so on

As for bring in unified gold and free xp if WoWp is any marker then that happened about 2 months after the game went live. This is still OBT so still some way off.

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,245 battles

Sure, but not as of now. Since we don't want an influx of dumb and dumber free exp/paying their way up the tiers. One thing though, we could use a few more port slots.

That makes no sense. What's to stop deep pocketed people from doing the exact same thing in this game right now? 

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

That makes no sense. What's to stop deep pocketed people from doing the exact same thing in this game right now? 

they already are. Lexingtons and the like have been spotted already, tier 10 by Sunday if that is anything to go by.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

There are good and bad about unified clans.

Good:

You get to play with your WoT clan mates without having to remake a new clan again.

Bad: 

Some players who want to be in different clans in WoWS because not all the players from WoT is playing WOWS cannot join a clan with their WoWS friends who do not play or are in different clans in WoT.

Themed clans (GuP) who wants to make a WoWS themed clan cannot.

Solution: 

For themed clans, have it so you can stay in the same clan (GuP-WoT) while renaming your clan in WoWS (Fleet of Fog), as an example.

As for players who wish to be in different clans in WoT and WoWS, maybe allow the option to have different clans.

Beta Tester
100 posts
1,614 battles

Okay, how about....very much less dumb and dumber rushing up the tiers? Does that make a lil' more sense? Since MOST of us are not really willing to spend a metric shitload of money on "doubloons" just to say "Oh look I have a tier X, but MM isn't matching me with anyone"

There are good and bad about unified clans.

Good:

You get to play with your WoT clan mates without having to remake a new clan again.

Bad: 

Some players who want to be in different clans in WoWS because not all the players from WoT is playing WOWS cannot join a clan with their WoWS friends who do not play or are in different clans in WoT.

Themed clans (GuP) who wants to make a WoWS themed clan cannot.

Solution: 

For themed clans, have it so you can stay in the same clan (GuP-WoT) while renaming your clan in WoWS (Fleet of Fog), as an example.

As for players who wish to be in different clans in WoT and WoWS, maybe allow the option to have different clans.

True analysis, I was concerned about wasted clan space (since max pax is 100) if a certain player was only present in one game and not the other. 

(FYI, I'm from [ANKOU] in WoT, we mainly operate as a casual training clan for new players and a "home clan" for regular clan war/veterans that come and go in between their campaigns - we are always short of space D: too many applications, too little slots) So yea, this is a probable issue.

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,245 battles

Okay, how about....very much less dumb and dumber rushing up the tiers? Does that make a lil' more sense? Since MOST of us are not really willing to spend a metric shitload of money on "doubloons" just to say "Oh look I have a tier X, but MM isn't matching me with anyone"

Nope, doesn't make any more sense... not even a lil'.  Anyone can pour money into this game as it stands and convert free xp (though not from tanks) to rush up the tiers. As mentioned, it's already happening. Those of us complaining about the unified account already have stagnant gold sitting in our accounts. We just want access to it. You know, for port slots, to retrain that captain, remove some modules, skip the stock ship grindfest, etc... what we paid it for in the first place. 

If that's your problem, then you have a problem with all players that pay money into wargaming's coffers. 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

to convert free xp in the game you have to have played something in the game, means you have spent some time in game playing.

to use free xp from tonks you don't have to have played anything in the game.

Beta Tester
257 posts
4,245 battles

Point is, it's still pretty easy to race up the trees if you have deep pockets, a few premium ships and a basic understanding of how to do it. That's how it's been designed.

Screwing over long time paying customers by telling them their money would be good here and then backing out / delaying / whatever is just BS. They know how to do it. It's already been done in that failure of an airplane game. They're just trying to squeeze us for more, plain and simple. They've pretty much squeezed me dry, of interest in their products...