Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lupis

USN DD's desperately need a buff.

46 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Since USN DD's have bad torpedo range and "small" calibre HE has been nerfed. I think it's time the USN DD's got a buff in either concealment or have their HE un-nerfed.

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

not just US DD

IJN DD too

low tier is probably fine, but the high tier definitely need a buff

currently, DD is simply UP, and unplayable

I think WG should un-nerf all the nerfs they've done to the DDs

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

not just US DD

IJN DD too

low tier is probably fine, but the high tier definitely need a buff

currently, DD is simply UP, and unplayable

I think WG should un-nerf all the nerfs they've done to the DDs

No. IJN is all about torpedoes. USN is about thier guns. with the HE nerf that has just made USN DD's redundant and since that's the case WG is better off just removing them and refunding Sims owners.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

IJN torpedoes can barely hit a Unaware player, it won't hit any Good BB player

The torpedoes are to easy too detect and can even be detected in smoke (WHILE THE SCOUT UNABLE TO SEE THE DD)

If You think IJN Torpedoes doesn't need buff, well please explain me the very low Hit Rate of torpedoes of IJN DD player

And there is nothing Historical with Long Lance

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
3 posts
414 battles

Just had a game in my Sims, 150+ hits, only 3 torpedo hits, 4 kills.

one of those kills was me solo duelling a BB at 11km, he couldn't hit me at all with the manuvering the sims can pull off and once I lined him up it was 4 HE shells every 4 seconds, he lit up like a Christmas tree.

I am consistently performing well in my Sims, I see no problem here

WG Staff
606 posts
447 battles

Well we're still in Open Beta and we're still open to changes if needed.

As a mostly BB player, if you DD's who I can barely hit with my main guns want a damage buff, us BB's want a speed buff.

You know how torpedoes get me? It's when I am concentrating on engaging a BB in a duel and one of the sneaky buggers drops a bunch behind me.
If you're going to tell me to concentrate on my defenses, well, you should concentrate on your offense as well.

But again, we are open to suggestions. If you think something is broken. Please elaborate and provide your data, I will be more than happy to hand it directly to HQ.

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

You get games where you can do that.. But usually you get targeted by all and sundry..  It's a very rare occurrence where I only get shot at by one ship.. I mostly find I have to sneak about setting ambushes or waiting until the ship in question is preoccupied with other things.. and A gun battle against a BB is one thing, try that against a cruiser like a  St Louis or similar. And your talking about a premium ship..

Having said all that.. I don't want them to buff to much.. I think having the DD's weaponry (guns I mean)not be devastating against anything other than other DD's is fine..    The long range spotting of torps means you have to get creative when using them.. 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

unplayable

There is that word again.

Historical

I am consistently performing well in my Sims, I see no problem here

You have to understand that in the great wide red SEA there is only a certain particular idea.

This idea is superior, and without wanting to go into details it is also unbreakable.

One could assume that said idea is a shield, invincible to any kind of damage.

You know how torpedoes get me? It's when I am concentrating on engaging a BB in a duel and one of the sneaky buggers drops a bunch behind me.

If you're going to tell me to concentrate on my defenses, well, you should concentrate on your offense as well.

*Knock Knock*

"Who's there?"

"Mr. Torpedo and his family!"

:child:

A2aAFel.jpg

Edited by Retia

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

No. IJN is all about torpedoes. USN is about thier guns. with the HE nerf that has just made USN DD's redundant and since that's the case WG is better off just removing them and refunding Sims owners.

US's gun is depressing after this patch

but IJN's torp has been depressing in 0.3.x, and now it's even worse because of the smoke nerf

Well we're still in Open Beta and we're still open to changes if needed.

As a mostly BB player, if you DD's who I can barely hit with my main guns want a damage buff, us BB's want a speed buff.

But again, we are open to suggestions. If you think something is broken. Please elaborate and provide your data, I will be more than happy to hand it directly to HQ.

I didn't play US DD so I don't know how are they before and after 0.4.0

but for torpedo,

you mean when a BB is busy on something else, you can hit him

but then he's just an unaware BB player

DD's torpedo ensure 10000+ damage per hit

while BB's guns causes 2000-10000 damage per salvo

what should you evade first?Of course the torpedo

Hearing and seeing the warning, if you still concentrate on the opposite BB instead of the torpedo

you are obviously a noob

In other words, regardless how skilled the DD captain is, DD's torpedo can only hit a noob BB under the rock-paper-scissors rule(which means DD beats BB)

however, a CA/CL can sink a smart DD easily

a BB can cause serious damage to a smart CA

that's why DD are UP

everyone can beats other player while DD can only beat noobs

You have to understand that in the great wide red SEA there is only a certain particular idea.

This idea is superior, and without wanting to go into details it is also unbreakable.

One could assume that said idea is a shield, invincible to any kind of damage.

*Knock Knock*

"Who's there?"

"Mr. Torpedo and his family!"

:child:

A2aAFel.jpg

Stop saying how good the torpedo are by posting how you play in your wakatake/isokaze/minekaze

t1-t5 IJN DD are exception

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

I didn't play US DD so I don't know how are they before and after 0.4.0

but for torpedo,

They were great. you couldn't kill a BB with them but you could give him hell.

Now you have to play like an IJN DD. not fire your guns unless it's another DD.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Stop saying how good the torpedo are by posting how you play in your wakatake/isokaze/minekaze

t1-t5 IJN DD are exception

You see, I find this quite amusing because that screenshot was to "make fun" of Conana,

which is why it was not only combined with a quote of his post, but also with a silly joke.

I.e. it had no relation to any balance related discussion.

Yet, you immediately put it into that particular drawer.

Which I think is because you already assume out of frustration that anything anyone posts that could be remotely interpreted as anti your argument

must be anti your argument.

Hence once again proving without fail that sticking to reason and mostly seperating oneself from emotional waste when entering a discussion is a key to having a discussion.

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

You see, I find this quite amusing because that screenshot was to "make fun" of Conana,

which is why it was not only combined with a quote of his post, but also with a silly joke.

I.e. it had no relation to any balance related discussion.

Yet, you immediately put it into that particular drawer.

Which I think is because you already assume out of frustration that anything anyone posts that could be remotely interpreted as anti your argument

must be anti your argument.

Hence once again proving without fail that sticking to reason and mostly seperating oneself from emotional waste when entering a discussion is a key to having a discussion.

sorry for misunderstanding your point

my language skill is probably too low to understand what you say

but I still can't get your point in that post

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

+1 Harpoon1

+1 CarbonMoxide

After the wipe, aside from Arkansas and Yubari credit grindings, I've been purely grinding the IJN DD line, and currently on Mutsuki...

And what I can say is that torps are oftentimes more frustrating than fun regarding the hit percentage, and I agree that only noobs get hit by torps, but against experienced BB players, your only chance to hit them is with the 1st try or to torp them at pointblank (which is suicidal).

Another is when up against USN DDs, there is just no way u can brawl with them coz in the 1st place, IJN DD guns are "useless", only way u can kill is suitorp again and have even LESS chance to be successful since you are up against another agile ship.

USN DD, while being anti-BB, is actually anti-DD as well.

USN DD line's torps improves as tier lvl rises, and eventually almost equal to the IJN's at final tiers.

IJN DD line's guns stays "useless" in ALL tiers, and on upper half tier, IJN torps' only advantage over USN's is range (in which is actually useless as well since it will most probably get spotted before it even get close to the target.)

Now tell me, which DD line is actually UP???

Edited by Alfreuson

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Yeah thanks...

Gotta keep wiggling that shipbutt :x

Yeah, I kinda failed to turn around in time, hence one torpedo hit. #Scrublyfe

T60ScSA.jpg

aqOBHY0.jpg

qkeTn5y.jpg

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

1. Understandable - SEA server.

2. They are just not very good in 4.0. IJN DD although isnt any better at least they dont need to suicide attack in order to do DMG like USN DD.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

+1 Harpoon1

+1 CarbonMoxide

After the wipe, aside from Arkansas and Yubari credit grindings, I've been purely grinding the IJN DD line, and currently on Mutsuki...

And what I can say is that torps are oftentimes more frustrating than fun regarding the hit percentage, and I agree that only noobs get hit by torps, but against experienced BB players, your only chance to hit them is with the 1st try or to torp them at pointblank (which is suicidal).

Another is when up against USN DDs, there is just no way u can brawl with them coz in the 1st place, IJN DD guns are "useless", only way u can kill is suitorp again and have even LESS chance to be successful since you are up against another agile ship.

USN DD, while being anti-BB, is actually anti-DD as well.

USN DD line's torps improves as tier lvl rises, and eventually almost equal to the IJN's at final tiers.

IJN DD line's guns stays "useless" in ALL tiers, and on upper half tier, IJN torps' only advantage over USN's is range (in which is actually useless as well since it will most probably get spotted before it even get close to the target.)

Now tell me, which DD line is actually UP???

nothing really changed much on IJN DDs. you don't get affected by the smoke nerf that much since arty is not your main weapon. mutsuki just sux bad bad downgrade from minekaze, it gets better as you go up to shimakaze.

btw usn dds can't equal the range of IJN dds, IJN dd's guns also improve alot upon getting fubuki upto shima.

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
192 posts
11,244 battles

DD's are more difficult now but not unplayable by any means.

I play DD's pretty much exclusively and if you play them right it's no big deal, US DD's are HE gun platforms and I get most of my points lighting fires from miles away and forcing guys to use repair kits.

The other primary use of a US DD is hunting and killing Japanese DD's which they are very good at.

During Beta my best was 6 kills after 800 or so games.

My best so far in open beta is a heap of 4's and a single 5 with just over 100 games so far, I'm on par with my cbt account.

My win loss ratio is better now than in cbt, In cbt I played at 49% and as of today am at 52%.

The only real difference that I've noticed is DD's can't sit and play dead in the smoke anymore which is a good thing.

DD's should be hard.

Edited by jimmywrangles_1

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

There should be Kill/Death Ratio of a ships type against its counter

If the Counter (in this case, IJN DD) Death Ratio is worse than the one they counter (BB)

It means the balance of this so-called Rock Paper Scissor are really broken

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

nothing really changed much on IJN DDs. you don't get affected by the smoke nerf that much since arty is not your main weapon. mutsuki just sux bad bad downgrade from minekaze, it gets better as you go up to shimakaze.

btw usn dds can't equal the range of IJN dds, IJN dd's guns also improve alot upon getting fubuki upto shima.

the point is, the USN DD guns give them the ability to amazingly hunt down IJN DDs, even in last tiers, USN vs. IJN, USN will always [content removed] IJN...

Profanity.  Posted Edited. User Warned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

the point is, the USN DD guns give them the ability to amazingly hunt down IJN DDs, even in last tiers, USN vs. IJN, USN will always [content removed] IJN...

and IJN ones have it easier hunting down other ships than USN. Nation vs nation, DDs and CAs are quite balanced actually, not like the USN and IJN BB's extreme AA difference and CVs.

Quote updated.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

167 posts
776 battles

US DD is quite good especially vs another DD or IJN DD to be exact. I think DD role is pretty tough, basically they do all the hard work in the game, so it take time to get used to it and know where and when to launch the torpedoes.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I will say USN DD are very hard to play at the moment, anyways i think they are still playable. But a little smoke buff would be nice :D:D:D

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Sign in to follow this