You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Poziers

Next world of warships game

Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea?

15 comments in this topic

2 posts
473 battles

Yes, I know world of warships has only just been released but I thought I would get ideas out there for the producers. In fact I haven't had a chance to play yet since I have just finished exams but I cannot wait to try. I did play battlestaions pacific when it came out so I am eager to have a go.

My idea is world of warships that uses something like wargame red dragon naval battles. Yes red dragons ships have ship missiles and stuff like that, but it also has defense systems etc.

A link to what I am talking about: 

Edited by Poziers

724 posts
2,153 battles

Yes, I know world of warships has only just been released but I thought I would get ideas out there for the producers. In fact I haven't had a chance to play yet since I have just finished exams but I cannot wait to try. I did play battlestaions pacific when it came out so I am eager to have a go.

My idea is world of warships that uses something like wargame red dragon naval battles. Yes red dragons ships have ship missiles and stuff like that, but it also has defense systems etc.

Well maybe they can use this idea on the android version of the game. But I don't think making another for the PC is necessary.

Not everyone likes RTS.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

The thing with that game is that it involves modern Naval warfare.

The combat mechanics works completely different, and the effectiveness of your attacks depends more on the ship and equipment you have rather than player skill.

Honestly, there aren't that much skill involved in WoWS aside from aiming and relocating, if you take away aiming (due to Guided Missiles), it leaves little room left, and the gameplay would be shallow. Also modern ships are much less varied, it's mainly just Destroyers (Cruisers are basically bigger Destroyers, who pack mostly same weapons but more of them) and Carriers, that's it. Submarines don't count, they are too slow.

Even if they did make a game out of it, it won't attract enough people to be successful due to shallow gameplay.

Edited by Gezeiten_Heimatwelt

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

There won't be another game, the model that wows uses means that they just release updates until the game becomes unprofitable, at which point they shut the servers down and it all ends.

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

For me, WoWS is only focusing on both WWI and WWII warships, so they will not add modern weapon like missile, Harpoon, Railgun cannon, CIWS, Tomahawk, or maybe Nuclear weapon. Also, if you talking about RTS or MMORTS game. Of course there are not only Red Dragons. You may check one of this game

• Leviathan Warships
  • NavyFAILED/NavyFIELD (both 1 and 2)
  • Naval War: Artic Circle

But, if you want WG to add WoWS for Android just go ahead. Thats WG decisions. And...

Promoting game outside Wargaming product is forbidden both in-game and forum

EDIT: Just adding, this topic is out of General Disscusions. Please move this to Off-topic channel

Edited by Vrea_Zwei

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

The Naval warfare aspect in Red Dragon was a huge disappointment. It was better left out IMO.

Main reasons for this: (Can also attribute to Modern Naval Warfare in general not just to Red Dragon)

1. Reliance on Anti-ship missiles both from surface vessels and Aircraft as the main damage dealers.

Made BLUFOR Naval decks almost completely made up of F/A-18Es and F-111Gs with the occasional F-14 for CAP.

2. The RNG of CIWS/effectivenss of CIWS when ships are blobed up.

3. Lack of variety of ships especially compared to a WW2 setting.

Edited by Chawp

[WOLF]
Alpha Tester
60 posts
3,641 battles

If WG gonna make another "World of Warships" Games?

It will be a Card Games named "World of Warships : Admirals"

:P

Edited by LtZetarn

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

The combat mechanics works completely different, and the effectiveness of your attacks depends more on the ship and equipment you have rather than player skill.

Honestly, there aren't that much skill involved in WoWS aside from aiming and relocating, if you take away aiming (due to Guided Missiles), it leaves little room left, and the gameplay would be shallow. Also modern ships are much less varied, it's mainly just Destroyers (Cruisers are basically bigger Destroyers, who pack mostly same weapons but more of them) and Carriers, that's it. Submarines don't count, they are too slow.

Even if they did make a game out of it, it won't attract enough people to be successful due to shallow gameplay.

not a shallow gameplay but it becomes a strategy-heavy and logistics game with of course 2 equal sides and battle would not probably look like this but a beyond-visual-range engagement (although soon railguns and laser defence system would change the game and probably make guided missiles such as harpoon obsolete.)
Edited by Deicide

2 posts
473 battles

For me, WoWS is only focusing on both WWI and WWII warships, so they will not add modern weapon like missile, Harpoon, Railgun cannon, CIWS, Tomahawk, or maybe Nuclear weapon. Also, if you talking about RTS or MMORTS game. Of course there are not only Red Dragons. You may check one of this game

• Leviathan Warships
  • NavyFAILED/NavyFIELD (both 1 and 2)
  • Naval War: Artic Circle

But, if you want WG to add WoWS for Android just go ahead. Thats WG decisions. And...

Promoting game outside Wargaming product is forbidden both in-game and forum

EDIT: Just adding, this topic is out of General Disscusions. Please move this to Off-topic channel

I hope they do add it to android, I love WOT blitz. Also I am not promoting, I am just using it as an example.

• Isn't most shooter games centered on aiming and relocating?
  • I'm not saying copy paste WGRD into WoS, they can make it more arcade like.
  • I thought everyone loved shallow games, ie COD :/
  • Not many variants in tanks either, Even BF keeps bring out re-skinned guns. Although there are larger variations in WGRD, there are fleets/ships designed with more CIWS or better cannon etc.
  •  

All I am trying to say is there are options out there, What about a starwars space combat? Star destroyers flying around and stuff could have a ship command with a pilot, gunner crew etc for larger ships. I just keep comming up with better ideas.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

I hope they do add it to android, I love WOT blitz. Also I am not promoting, I am just using it as an example.

• Isn't most shooter games centered on aiming and relocating?
  • I'm not saying copy paste WGRD into WoS, they can make it more arcade like.
  • I thought everyone loved shallow games, ie COD :/
  • Not many variants in tanks either, Even BF keeps bring out re-skinned guns. Although there are larger variations in WGRD, there are fleets/ships designed with more CIWS or better cannon etc.
  •  

All I am trying to say is there are options out there, What about a starwars space combat? Star destroyers flying around and stuff could have a ship command with a pilot, gunner crew etc for larger ships. I just keep comming up with better ideas.

I'll break it down for you.

Reason why games like BF reskin tanks and weapons is to keep a balance between the two teams, there might be small deiviations but its generally equal in order to not make certain maps biased towards one side.

If WoWS was centered around Modern Naval, most of the action would be over the horizon, 90% the ships won't even see each other, except for in their CIC/Ops Room screens. Then it would just be a game pure RNG as to who's CIWS missed a Harpoon/Moskits. Then you add in carriers with their Aircraft who don't need to have direct visual contact with their targets. World of Warships is already aracdey enough, anything more wouldn't be engaging enough for the players.

In the end it would just be too boring, the WW2 setting allows for more intense gun duels between ships as well as more depth when it comes to tactics. 

Spoiler: Wargame Red Dragon (Using for Argument's sake not for advertising)

There really isn't much more depth in WGRD's Naval department.

Lets take the Type 21 British Frigate vs The American Oliver Hazard Perry, The Type 21 is only 30pts cheaper and has 1400m extra ground range on it Main gun(which even isn't that much of an advantage), everything else the OHP blows it out the water. 

Even between REDFOR and BLUFOR, the only differences between the two navies is that BLUFOR is more ECM and ASM while REDFOR is about GUNs+CIWS and their Gunboats that come with ASMs. 

In most cases all of it is a linear upgrade with only the cost and availability being the difference.(Besides the GLORIOUS HMAS FREMANTLE  its 81mm Mortar)  

Edited by Chawp

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

.(Besides the GLORIOUS HMAS FREMANTLE  its 81mm Mortar)  

Whatever those developers were on, I want some - the 81mm was only any good for getting in the way during a fishex!