54 comments in this topic

[GH7]
Beta Tester
3 posts
2,955 battles

Can I please suggest that you make the edge of the map behave just as if the ship has run aground. At the moment there are multiple players in every game exploiting the map edge. They use it to turn and maneuver their ships at maximum speed with no penalty to movement or they run at full speed away/towards you with their ships angled. This makes gun tracking and leading of the target almost impossible at range. 

Please stop players from using this to ruin games.   Make the map border act the same as land.

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

They should implement a feature similar to Battlefield 2 when you leave the area.

Return to the fighting zone, or you will be court martialled and shot!

...or something like that. It's been many years, I can't remember exactly what they say.

Alpha Tester
208 posts
212 battles

They should implement a feature similar to Battlefield 2 when you leave the area.

...or something like that. It's been many years, I can't remember exactly what they say.

Red Orchestra 2 has a similar system. Just that it gives you like 10 seconds to return.

Beta Tester
55 posts
2,724 battles

with auto turn around that reduces your hp by 10% of what is left...

too bad if you got 1 hp left... kaboom...

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

My understanding is it will work like WoWP, you will lose control of your ship and you will be turned around (its being worked on) CV players that abuse this in game i absolutely LOATHE

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

My understanding is it will work like WoWP, you will lose control of your ship and you will be turned around (its being worked on) CV players that abuse this in game i absolutely LOATHE

Not effective, since in WoWP you won't be easy to get shot down by the others from certain Range

And it can lead to other complain

I prefer it works like an invisible island in Navy Field

4 posts
122 battles

Red Orchestra 2 has a similar system. Just that it gives you like 10 seconds to return.

so does War Thhunder

P.S. no more auto correct

Beta Tester
26 posts
52 battles

Can I please suggest that you make the edge of the map behave just as if the ship has run aground. At the moment there are multiple players in every game exploiting the map edge. They use it to turn and maneuver their ships at maximum speed with no penalty to movement or they run at full speed away/towards you with their ships angled. This makes gun tracking and leading of the target almost impossible at range. 

Please stop players from using this to ruin games.   Make the map border act the same as land.

Ah, so that's what they've been doing.

It bugged me when I see ships hugging the blue line in every battle.

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

yeah, something must be done and it NEEDS TO BE DONE VERY SOON!!!

It make your torps useless, unless u go suitorp

Grinding solely on a DD line, I HATE THOSE SCRUBS!!!  :angry:

Beta Tester
20 posts
290 battles

I reckon having the blue line deal small ticking damage (allied ship collision) might not be enough. The blue line creates this "illusion" of their speed and distance, and don't mention torps, shells are hard to hit even at close ranges. 

Honestly I'd love to have them run aground at the blue line instead, because small ticking damage is still pointless compared to everyone being unable to hit them in the first place. Large ticking damage is too impactful, especially if new players or idiots tunnelling their vision accidentally touches the blue line while in combat.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I have been saying it for months, make the blue line cause constant damage to ships touching it, problem solved no more blue line campers

Well ofcourse, we already said it long ago, WG said they took note of it.

Guess what? nothing happened, no measures taken, nothing planned :hiding:

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Well ofcourse, we already said it long ago, WG said they took note of it.

Guess what? nothing happened, no measures taken, nothing planned :hiding:

Strange, I thought Chappo pointed out what was happening, what was planned, what measures are coming into play??????

Alpha Tester
982 posts

This is obviously, for whatever reason, something that cannot be easily remedied. Let's just pray that the fix doesn't involve a wipe.

Last night my first officer, Lt. Cmdr Bourbon along with Ensign Tequila-Shots were screaming at me to use the Blue Line Manoeuvre as we had lost 5 games in a row when others were doing it. I held out that time but don't know about the future as I don't want a mutiny of the crew :trollface:

Beta Tester
33 posts
9,057 battles

I agree with VEKS. It should be the same as hitting mountains, where a player comes to a stop and has to reverse to move away. I also want to point out that travelling on the edge is not always deliberate. There are many players with tunnel vision that just focus on a target. I have had my steering taken out, ran onto the edge and couldn't get off, so i don't feel players should be punished by more damage to ship as accidents do occur. No player deliberately runs into a mountain. 

Beta Tester
19 posts
249 battles

Back in CBT I left my carrier on auto-pilot with it following a circular route while I followed the planes to a target. A minute or so later I came back to find my carrier wedged between the blue line and an island, and it took another couple of minutes to break free.

So I'd suggest something that  pushes your ship back out in the same direction it entered might be a good idea rather than damage - maybe have your engines automatically engage full reverse once you hit the line, and stay that way until you're clear.

Edited by Gun_Go_Boom

Beta Tester
65 posts
2,698 battles

true, its hard to hit ships stuck on the blue line, hard to tell the enemy ship movement for lead shots 

u're on a cleveland that match right?

Beta Tester
5 posts
1,128 battles

If touching blue line causes damage to your ship, imo people are going to abuse it like arties drowning in wot. DD coming at your carrier? Stick to the blue line and suicide before he gets to you.

The WoWP method or invisible island sounds alot better.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

If touching blue line causes damage to your ship, imo people are going to abuse it like arties drowning in wot. DD coming at your carrier? Stick to the blue line and suicide before he gets to you.

The WoWP method or invisible island sounds alot better.

Yeah, very true. I hadn't thought about that.

I think it should be a hard barrier that can't be entered. You shouldn't get stuck, come to a stop or take damage from hitting it. You should just bounce off of it and continue on left or right of it depending what angle you hit it at.

My personal solution so far is to never engage someone who is obviously blue lining. Don't shoot them and MOST ESPECIALLY DON'T get shot by them. If they want to score hits they need to come off the wall. I'd rather take a draw or even a loss (and I have taken both in that regard) than give some cheater/exploiter a chance to score some extra damage off me. Unfortunately this doesn't work against CV's who you see doing the BL exploit more & more now. 

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

true, its hard to hit ships stuck on the blue line, hard to tell the enemy ship movement for lead shots 

u're on a cleveland that match right?

Whenever a ship sticking on the blue line half of their ship outside the blue line will not receive any damage so is worth a luck for those who stick themselves on the blue line. 

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Whenever a ship sticking on the blue line half of their ship outside the blue line will not receive any damage so is worth a luck for those who stick themselves on the blue line. 

shells that land on the deck or any part of the ship after the blue line still does damage, it's only the exploit of using the side-crawling that lets them dodge most shots.

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

shells that land on the deck or any part of the ship after the blue line still does damage, it's only the exploit of using the side-crawling that lets them dodge most shots.

Yes indeed