Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Lupis

IJN air dropped torpedo nerf.

IJN air drop torpedo nerf?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should IJN have their carrier born torpedoes nerfed?

• Yes
    • No

22 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Since USN carrier fighters can't kill them and AA is having a hard time with the masses of torpedo bombers the INJ can field should their air dropped torpedoes be nerfed to balance the mass of torpedo bombers they can field.

It's unfair when MM gives the enemy team a IJN CV and the other team doesn't. Honestly IJN are brokenly OP with their torpedo spamming and it needs to stop.

Edited by Lupis

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

USN carrier fighters CAN kill the IJN torp bomber

meeting US fighter, all IJN planes evaporates quickly

IJN CV lose their air superiority TOTALLY to trade for the bombing power

it should have absolute advantage of bombing as it has absolute disadvantage of air superiority

but in current version,

I think US can deal even more damage than IJN

it shouldn't get any more nerf

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

As much as i hate carrier with passion,

I never have problems fighting against their low tiered torp bombers (Below T9) in my Cleveland or Atlanta. It's when they reached the higher tier that the balance goes out of whack and i wish no participation in that.

So no... no i don't think they need nerfing. I think they need 1) better attack animation 2) stop them from dropping torps at impossible angle -looking at you torp bombers diving from island- 

Edited by RG_Kid

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Since USN carrier fighters can't kill them and AA is having a hard time with the masses of torpedo bombers the INJ can field should their air dropped torpedoes be nerfed to balance the mass of torpedo bombers they can field.

It's unfair when MM gives the enemy team a IJN CV and the other team doesn't. Honestly IJN are brokenly OP with their torpedo spamming and it needs to stop.

Attacking en-masse is the only way for IJN CV to have reasonable effect on the battle, because they can't win an air superiority fight against USN CV.

If you want to nerf IJN Bombers then buff their Fighters first.

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

There are no issues with carriers, and how in reason are you not beating IJN planes with USN fighters?

Plus it is called avoidance. You see it coming, you start avoiding, not when the torpedoes are in the water.

Edited by ExESGO

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Plus it is called avoidance. You see it coming, you start avoiding, not when the torpedoes are in the water.

Yeah it's soooo easy to turn to prepare for the torps in a low tier BB.

IJN air dropped torpedoes either need to have their damage lowered or they have to be dropped farther away when they are engaging BB's.

There's a reason why snipers are hated in fps games. they can hidden and yet kill a player. THE big issue with CV's are they can hide and kill players while the player can't defend themselves. That's one reason why Arty in WoT is so hated and it'll be same same for CV's here unless WG goes and balances the IJN air dropped torpedoes. Flak can only do so much when three pluse torpedo squadrons are zeroing in on you.

Edited by Lupis

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

IJN air dropped torpedoes either need to have their damage lowered or they have to be dropped farther away when they are engaging BB's.

I think it's more of a symptom that WG can't balance the game right now. We all have seen a battle where there's only one T4 or T5 CV against all T4 BBs. T4 BBs only have like what? one or two pea shooter for air defense. And to make matter worse, there isn't any specialized AA ship with huge AA defense radius at tier 4.

Yes, Yubari has good air defense, but the radius is only a measly 3.6 km at maximum so you have to be chasing those air groups or have those air groups targeted you before you shot down any of them. Unlike Atlanta and Cleveland that can shoot at 6 km range which provide better flexibility in air defense.

The solution is simple. T4 and T5 carriers can't join T4 battles at all, they can only join T5 and above battles. Don't kill me. :hiding:

Edited by RG_Kid

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

The solution is simple. T4 and T5 carriers can't join T4 battles at all, they can only join T5 and above battles. Don't kill me. :hiding:

That's fair but the IJN fanboi's would cry since they can't stomp the beta ship and all the other tier 3-4 ships.

Also who's idea was it to have planes at tiers where there is LITTLE to NO flak on ships?

Edited by Lupis

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

There's a reason why snipers are hated in fps games. they can hidden and yet kill a player. THE big issue with CV's are they can hide and kill players while the player can't defend themselves. That's one reason why Arty in WoT is so hated and it'll be same same for CV's here unless WG goes and balances the IJN air dropped torpedoes. Flak can only do so much when three pluse torpedo squadrons are zeroing in on you.

No. Go reread what I said.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

No. Go reread what I said.

Oh yeah like anyone can or will keep an eye out for TB's when your engaged by the enemy. I'm too busy trying to range/lead my shots to look at the mini map, by the time i'd have seen them they are 3km's away.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Oh yeah like anyone can or will keep an eye out for TB's when your engaged by the enemy. I'm too busy trying to range/lead my shots to look at the mini map, by the time i'd have seen them they are 3km's away.

That explain a lot. *Sigh*

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

That's fair but the IJN fanboi's would cry since they can't stomp the beta ship and all the other tier 3-4 ships.

Also who's idea was it to have planes at tiers where there is LITTLE to NO flak on ships?

IJN CV SHOULD be able to stomp the t3-4 ships as they have given up its air superiority

It's a trade, better air superiority, worse bombing power

and vice versa

IJN have totally NO air superiority, what should they get for this extreme trade?

they should get nearly unlimited bombing power

yes, unlimited bombing power is horrible for BB/CA/DD users, but the trade only worth if they get unlimited bombing power

what should WG actually do is nerf IJN bomber and buff IJN fighter at the same time

think in Economic way

Which of them have higher opportunity cost?

Keep firing and ignore the plane-->cost:being bombed and probably die in 1 wave

Defend the TB first-->cost:lost some time to fire and get a few shots

obviously you should defend the TB first

if you don't, then you die because of your own fault, not because IJN TB are OP

if you are too busy to notice the TB, then it is more obviously your OWN fault

you should always keep an eye on the map if you want to be a good captain

one more thing to add,

the IJN TB's torp dispersion is disgusting

1 IJN TB squad can only hit at most 2

unless the CV captain is top player/ you didn't use your brain+the CV captain is lucky

so normally, 3 IJN squad can deal 3x2=6 torp damage, while 1 US squad can deal 1x6=6 torp damage

if the US CV captain choose balance layout and is not too bad at air torping,

US CV has better air superiority and same bombing power as IJN CV

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

All I can say: Yes.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

All I can say: Yes.

Don't point out that! I suspect it will upset people. People expect BB to be invincible - which is already very easy to play.
Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

Don't point out that! I suspect it will upset people. People expect BB to be invincible - which is already very easy to play.

Oh no, our secret is out, whatever shall we do.

I know, all I said was a lie and is not true, do not believe a word I just said. I do not exist and I am merely a figment of your imagination. In fact, the forums do not exist, you are in a dream.

Edited by ExESGO

Beta Tester
20 posts
322 battles

japanese carrier planes are soo fragile thats why i didnt even bother grinding it :v

and even if there are torp spams there are cruisers on the team :v

the team should have teamwork :v

if you got killed because of torp spam and no one defended you its the teams fault not WG :v

Alpha Tester
120 posts
72 battles

You probably got targeted because you were alone in an open flank with barely any AA support.
You should probably start going with other ships if you know you have barely an AA capabilities.
Cruisers are there for a reason.

As the other forum-goers already said IJN carriers are nothing w/o its bombers, I mean USN carriers are far more superior in terms of air superiority.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

Yeah since obt *unofficial* has been out MM has finally put tier 3-4 BB's in thier respective games.

Should i now delete the poll, hide it or keep it visible to show off how much of a fool i am?

Sign in to follow this