You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
shcerion

Torpedoes drop on torpedoes bombers is too early? They neft it?

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
11 posts
349 battles

Is now much harder to hit the target, Planes drop torpedoes too early and this sucks

Beta Tester
11 posts
349 battles

Are you using manual drop or auto?

I'm using auto, yep...

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

I'm using auto, yep...

I guess try using manual drop, it might seem hard at first with torps not arming in time etc but once you get used to the arming distance its way more reliable then auto.

Beta Tester
11 posts
349 battles

If WG neft the auto like that i think i should remove it because it better than keep that useless auto when no one is gonna use it anyway. What a waste :'(

Beta Tester
2 posts
1,071 battles

Pissed off at this Game in Random people just Spam Torpedos its just Stupid Game Like that wat do you do wen u got 30 torps comn at you all side and almost every *Content Removed* because of Torpedo Spams 

Profanity. Warning issued. Content removed

~Chappo

Edited by Chappo

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Pissed off at this Game in Random people just Spam Torpedos its just Stupid Game Like that wat do you do wen u got 30 torps comn at you all side and almost every [content removed] Game its a Shit game because of Torpedo Spams 

Rough day for you, but "30 torpedoes from all sides" made me chuckle.

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Pissed off at this Game in Random people just Spam Torpedos its just Stupid Game Like that wat do you do wen u got 30 torps comn at you all side and almost every [content removed] Game its a Shit game because of Torpedo Spams 

Whining had started......

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Pissed off at this Game in Random people just Spam Torpedos its just Stupid Game Like that wat do you do wen u got 30 torps comn at you all side and almost every [content removed] Game its a Shit game because of Torpedo Spams 

30? more like 4 to 15

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

575 posts
5,354 battles

I guess try using manual drop, it might seem hard at first with torps not arming in time etc but once you get used to the arming distance its way more reliable then auto.

Is there a real run to enable range for torpedoes in this game? By run to enable I mean it runs to its arming range before enabling the warhead to active mode. I've not seen this to be true, especially coming of the rails (launcher) from ships. I was roughly 10 meters from ramming a DD in my Wyoming when it launched its torpedoes and 2 of them detonated just before I rammed him. Then I've fired a spread from my Agato and a teammate crossed my beam 200 meters from me and hit him with 2 that nearly killed him. Most surface ships had a 1000 yard run to enable to protect firing ship and friendlies.

If this is in the game, I've not seen it yet. 1 km is equal to 1,093 yards, if a ship is less than that (.9 km or less) and they fire a spread on you and vice verse, the war heads should not detonate. I've had a few times that a DD make a torpedo run on me at less than a kilometer and their torpedoes damage or sink my ship (Yes I know I shouldn't allow them to get that close, but sometimes it can't be stopped when you're slugging it out with 1 or 2 ships and this sneaky little bugger gets in and fires a spread on you.)

Another thing I've noticed is how Torpedo planes make their attack run and drop, that they are doing it from what looks like 100+ meters! How do their weapons survive the drop intact. Most if not all torpedo planes dropped torpedoes at 25m or less so that the weapon wasn't damage on impact, dived to deep, or simply failed to work properly after such a height. This is something that needs to be checked and fixed. Torpedo plans act more like dive bombers and not torpedo planes in my opinion.

These are some issues I see and have with torpedoes in the game. I'm a former submarine Torpedoman operator/technician of 15 years with the US Sub service. So I pay close attention to torpedo mechanics in a game like this and to me, they need some tweaking. Right now, I have the impression that ships armed with torpedoes can face hug another ship and fire their weapons and destroy another because there seems to be no minimum range (run to enable) working or it's bugged. And please, I'm not trying to inject realism in the game here. I'm just trying to find out if the 'arming distance/run to enable' is actually set properly in the game.

Edited by CavalryTrooper

575 posts
5,354 battles

200m is the arming range for ship launched torps

Really? That's bad. Torpedoes are long range weapons, they aren't meant for short range even at the scale of this game, their run to enable range is far to short. They should be a 1000 meters. They really need to change that.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The main reason IMO of the TB behavior in this game

Is due the static AA damage no matter the distance between the planes and the source

The planes will receive the same damage both at the top of the ship and at the max range for all AA to fire

Edited by Harpoon01

575 posts
5,354 battles

"balance"

Arcade game v real life sim

This begs a question. How does balance justify this range when we're firing at simulated ranges of up to 20km+? My issue with this 'minimum' range is it causes damage to ships on the same teams that happen to cross into the path of a fired torpedo or some body fires a torpedo with a teammate less than a 1000 meters crossing in front of them? Claiming balance is all well and good, but you want true balance, not being able to blow one of your teammates out of the water because of an accident or lack of situational awareness because they happen to be 200 meters or more from the firing ship. We're using ranges for these main guns, torpedoes should have a longer run to enable. Just my opinion, but I'm sure many players would welcome this change because of having been on the receiving end or firing and damaging or killing a teammate with a torpedo.