Your call?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Destructible Environment?

• Yes
    • No

15 comments in this topic

724 posts
2,204 battles

Do you guys think WG should add this feature in the future? (hey that rhymes! :B )

For those who might not know what this is about,take a look at the Closed Beta trailer for WoWS,at around 0:54.
Leave your reason down below.

See you on the high seas!  ( -_-)7

Edited by xDave1337x

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

"NO, STOP KILLING MY BELOVED LAPTOP"

*cough* joke aside, until they create a slim client, adding this will most likely increase The RAM require for that

724 posts
2,204 battles

"NO, STOP KILLING MY BELOVED LAPTOP"

*cough* joke aside, until they create a slim client, adding this will most likely increase The RAM require for that

Well that could be a problem... btw since I've never played this game before (started waiting when it first got announced,missed every single CBT code giveaway),is there any optimization problem?

Could be cool, but I don't think it would be practical.

They haven't even done Havok for WoT yet , doubt to see it in WoWS. (And ships cannot capsize in this game.. Until sunk)

If they create a "Realism" mode,implementing the DE system and capsizing would be awesome.

I also want to destroy houses with my bunny

Oh you evil son of a beach,let me shake your hand. *cough* jkjk I apologize if I offended you by any chance.

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

One thing I always hate to set my quality setting to high or adding some mods on my laptop is..

FPS DROPED

And after 3~5 mins playing with 8~14fps, my laptop overheated, and this happen at last time

ngUGqtc.jpg

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I don't see the point though. Unlike WoT, in WoWS there aren't any point of destructible environment objects.

- Islands: Well good luck doing that, it is practically impossible to level an island using gunfire, even if you are firing 460mm guns.

- Towns: Well there's no point in that, they are just ambient objects that contributes nothing to gameplay, it's mostly aesthetics.

- They could add Land-based installations such as airfields and coastal guns, but they don't count. Moreover, it barely matters if we add realistic destruction models to them, it's obvious.

- What else?

Alpha Tester
208 posts
212 battles

It's somewhere in Dev's priority list. Just wait, coming soon™.

*Legend (for Wargaming)

Soon™ = Ranges from the next day to in the next 10 years.. or not even coming at all.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

*Legend (for Wargaming)

Soon™ = Ranges from the next day to in the next 10 years.. or not even coming at all.

Actually...

Soon in distant future == never though.

Soon™ ranges to within a year or 5 years & more. :P

3 posts
525 battles

I don't see the point though. Unlike WoT, in WoWS there aren't any point of destructible environment objects.

- Islands: Well good luck doing that, it is practically impossible to level an island using gunfire, even if you are firing 460mm guns.

- Towns: Well there's no point in that, they are just ambient objects that contributes nothing to gameplay, it's mostly aesthetics.

- They could add Land-based installations such as airfields and coastal guns, but they don't count. Moreover, it barely matters if we add realistic destruction models to them, it's obvious.

- What else?

On the trailer video there's a chunk of an iceberg shot and fell creating wave and capsized a ship. There's also a ship which goes above a ship and basically cutting it in half. I think what the op meant was more physics based combat more than absolute destructible environment. 

Even so, such destructible environment element can be introduced in game without needing much complex coding. WG can implement a specific area which can be shot creating a passage, granted maybe only a cruiser can pass through it.

423 posts
3,175 battles

let me tell you a story of World of Tanks

Prior to patch 7.5, tanks automatically stop when seeing the ridgeline, and SPGs got no chance but to fight to the death, which creat some awesome gameplay when SPGs go TDs and nailed the entire enemy team with their awesome fighting spirit.

From patch 7.5 onward, tanks now able to drop from ridges, creating more and more weird situation when drunken LTs go swimming, suicide SPGs, even E-100s, T110E5s join force to plunge the Maus down the Erlenberg tar-pit or Chaffee could kamikaze a Maus (with low HP) by jumping on his head.

It would be safe to say "destructible environment" is possible in WoWS, however, there's a few point I don't think it will be soon:

1. Awesome when you creat a iceberg tsunami and capsize an enemy ship, but aside from that, how is that possible in a more "rocky" map like Dawn, Bros and Ocean (lol, Ocean :D)

2. Until there's a destruction game mode (like destroy enemy base on land, which is felt more like War Thunder), it is impratical to have destructible environment.

3. BF4 levolution rip-off.

4. Greenpeace would scream when we virtually destroy the iceberg, islands, which is annoying as [content removed]

So it's better to say there will be, but TBA.

Profanity.  Post Edited. User already Sanctioned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

Just sitting around in a circle capping a base is pretty boring. A mechanic where instead of capping you had the opportunity to launch a shore bombardment on a base when you have control of the enemy's territory might be more interesting.

Alpha Tester
37 posts
403 battles

It'd be both cool and awesome to torp a canal through one of those islands though :izmena:

But unless there's a mode where you have to bombard a port, ground base, airfield, oil rig etc. I don't see an point of having it. 

it could also be implemented like when you get a damaged module and it breaks and falls off (as planned in WoT) e.g Seaplane/catapult being blasted off a BB's deck :playing:

Still mostly eye candy imo.