Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Alfreuson

Is "acquisition range" same as "main battery firing range"?

15 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

no (-_-')if you refer to View range, that's Completely Different

Each Ship (And Torpedoes) have it own Acquisition time or range

so even if you have 20 km View range, you still unable to detect enemy DD 10 km away

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

no (-_-')if you refer to View range, that's Completely Different

Each Ship (And Torpedoes) have it own Acquisition time or range

so even if you have 20 km View range, you still unable to detect enemy DD 10 km away

oh so "acquisition range" = "view range"?

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

The terms are used rather haphazardly as they're not yet standardized/consistent, in some cases it means view range e.g. Target Acquisition Mod which increases your view range but doesn't actually help in detecting ships earlier. In other cases, it means detection range e.g. Vigilance skill (+20% to acquisition range of torpedoes) which despite also using the same term it really does increase the detection range of torpedoes.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

oh so "acquisition range" = "view range"?

Main battery range is how far you currently can shoot

View Range is how much you able to SEE enemy ship from the radar (Usually more than your Main Battery range)

Acquisition Range is how far a Ship can be detected 

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

The terms are used rather haphazardly as they're not yet standardized/consistent, in some cases it means view range e.g. Target Acquisition Mod which increases your view range but doesn't actually help in detecting ships earlier. In other cases, it means detection range e.g. Vigilance skill (+20% to acquisition range of torpedoes) which despite also using the same term it really does increase the detection range of torpedoes.

hmmm, what's the point mounting that mod then? especially to a BB that has short main battery firing range (ex. Arkansas)...

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

hmmm, what's the point mounting that mod then? especially to a BB that has short main battery firing range (ex. Arkansas)...

Just don't even try wasting 3 million credit for that (And for those who did, Your luck is as good as Scheiße)

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

In short, acquisition range is your max view range.

Most ships in this game, particularly tier5+ and above have more than enough view range, so the +20% acquisition range upgrade is useless.

actually i find it useful for tier 9 and 10 IJN destroyer since they have torpedo with 20 km range but their view range is less than and sometimes you carrier don't spot the enemy for you.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

actually i find it useful for tier 9 and 10 IJN destroyer since they have torpedo with 20 km range but their view range is less than and sometimes you carrier don't spot the enemy for you.

You are better off getting the concealment module though, they do you far more good than extended view range.

It's useless in most cases.

The Arkansas is an exception because it's the only low-tier ship capable of mounting it. Then again, if you are getting that upgrade slot better get the concealment one.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Just don't even try wasting 3 million credit for that (And for those who did, Your luck is as good as Scheiße)

Even when we get a special with a 50% discount on equipment that's waaaay over top expensive.

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

Even when we get a special with a 50% discount on equipment that's waaaay over top expensive.

bought the accuracy mod for my arkansas :trollface:

well, it's good in the long run since it's prem ship, will win back the creds :teethhappy:

and now i'm broke :coin:

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

You are better off getting the concealment module though, they do you far more good than extended view range.

maybe, but i notice that there's a during the first minute of the game it really nice to launch torpedo at unsuspecting ship. also its the time where most of the enemy are clump up for AA so sending a spread against them will guaranty some hits and disrupt their formation as a bonus too.

its only recommended for tier 9 and tier 10 because they have those wonderful 20km range torpedo so most of the time they stay far from enemy and has already high concealment stats.

Edited by yansuki

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

maybe, but i notice that there's a during the first minute of the game it really nice to launch torpedo at unsuspecting ship. also its the time where most of the enemy are clump up for AA so sending a spread against them will guaranty some hits and disrupt their formation as a bonus too.

its only recommended for tier 9 and tier 10 because they have those wonderful 20km range torpedo so most of the time they stay far from enemy and has already high concealment stats.

Even high-tier DD have sufficient view range to spot enemy ships when they get into your torpedo range, there's no need for extra view range anyway.

Also, long-range torpedoes are really inaccurate, and there's very few opportunities where you get a clear line of fire against those enemies.

I'd say it's not worth trading 10% extra stealth for the view range module.

Beta Tester
753 posts
657 battles

bought the accuracy mod for my arkansas :trollface:

well, it's good in the long run since it's prem ship, will win back the creds :teethhappy:

and now i'm broke :coin:

I did that but to my Warspite.

Sign in to follow this