Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

2 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
98 posts
67 battles

British Gunboat

Aphis

29e8m8.jpg

Specifications:

Class/Type: Insect Class Gunboat

Displacement: 635 tons

Length: 72.39 meters

Breadth: 11 meters

Shafts: 2

Engine: 2 Vertical Triple Expansion Engines

Power: 2000 h.p.

Top speed: 14 knots (26km/h)

Armaments:

2 - BL 6 Inch Mk VII Guns
2 - 12 pdr Guns
6 - .303 Maxim Machine Guns

Info:

The Gunboat Aphis was built by the Ailsa Shipbuilding Company in Troon(?) and launched on 15 September 1915. She's completed on November 1915. Gunboat Aphis didn't do much on the from her launch til the Second World War. She's mostly in service with the Chinese from 1919 til 1940 to support British shipping and nationals in China.

At early December 1940, Aphis joined up with her sister ships, Gnat and Ladybird along side with Monitor Terror in a skirmish where they bombard the enemy position at Tobruk and sunk 3 merchant ships. She later then joined up with Australian destroyer Stuart, Vampire and Voyager on 21th February 1941, continuing the bombardment at Tobruk. They then bombard the enemy position at Gazala and Bomba on 9th April 1941. (What a party girl she was)

I'm so sorry but I'm too lazy to add a few (more) stuff into this thread. Not much interest in Gunboats... so sorry...

Fate:

Scrapped

After reading back, I can already sense that there are tons of mistakes that I might not noticed. So dear historians and warships experts, do tell if there's any inaccuracy or something to add or point out. Don't want to spread the wrong info in the historical section now, would we?

Edited by Subete_Yoi

Sign in to follow this