You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
swap1997

Open Beta Release

39 comments in this topic

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Thats what happens on EU. Asia announcement of dates and schedule has not been made yet. Dont let other server announcements make you expect the same thing happens at the same time here.

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

Thats what happens on EU. Asia announcement of dates and schedule has not been made yet. Dont let other server announcements make you expect the same thing happens at the same time here.

this is what I'm talking about

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Everyone, don't get your boilers in a wad. All announcements posted on the Asia forums so far are for EU and NA servers...NOT.... Asia.

We should have something "soon-ish".......

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,314 battles

NA are getting patched tonight our time (normal), so we'll probably done tomorrow if they follow the usual routine (last few patches have been deployed on Fridays)

Edited by Gunduck

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I imagine once WG Asia office gets up, running and tea cups filled we'll have an announcement.

EDIT: I don't think they would have bothered with the rewards cutoff and closing the premium shop if 4.0 wasn't imminent. We will probably be CBT again for a short bit, like NA & EU, then the server will be opened up to the public.  Basically a first run for all of us testers :)

When it is BE VERY CAREFUL how you spend your gold or sell premium/reward ships. On the other servers they announced there would be no more wipes. We'll see LOL. However, best to be prudent than have regrets.

Edited by Krieg

1,230 posts
2,359 battles

Finally, AALG had returned to the forums ;)

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

From the NA site the wording is slightly different:
"We are wiping it all, so once the Open Beta begins (at a later date), everybody starts on a relatively equal footing. "

I.E.  This is just the patch and wipe, OBT will come at a later stage.

1,230 posts
2,359 battles

From the NA site the wording is slightly different:

"We are wiping it all, so once the Open Beta begins (at a later date), everybody starts on a relatively equal footing. "

I.E.  This is just the patch and wipe, OBT will come at a later stage.

Which can be like, it's not the last wipe, if they want to start equally
Edited by Conkhead_12

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

My guess is at least a week or so after the patch before we go to OBT.

I.E. we get wiped and patched to 4.0, might get a couple of micro patches as well to fix glaring bugs picked up under stress testing via shear weight of numbers, run for a week (or more as required) to load stress the servers on this patch (PT was limited numbers - remember the login queues?!) before being opened up to the unwashed masses general public

Edited by dead_man_walking

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Well my game client is now d/l another 5.5GB so i guess this is a new wiped account start over?

I'd reckon you haven't update your client for quite a long while now

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

40.0 sighted but OBT not announced :) 

I'm more worried about this quote on the page:

"As we've mentioned previously, your game progress will be wiped upon the release of Update 0.4.0, meaning your ships and stats on your profile will be reset to zero. This means everyone will start on equal footing when the Open Beta starts."

So, no weekend head start for CBT users.

EDIT: Yay headstart! :D

Edited by RG_Kid