Fear_the_Reaper

Akransas is nice and all but...

60 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

:Edit

Apparently wargaming never said it would be the 1925 Arkansas and im being silly for assuming it would have been considering the other two already exist, point noted.  

Am i the only person extremely disappointed in the fact that the Arkansas will be a stock Wyoming? Admitted it will get a pretty paint job but i hardly see that as compensation for not giving it its 1925 hull upgrade that includes adding Torpedo blisters, thicker deck armour, better boilers, better gun fire control systems, 8 3 inch AA guns, and scout planes with launchers

Basically this ship is just a 1912 Wyoming with a paint job and i can not understand the reasoning behind it, it was given 6 upgrade slots instead of the 1925 hull upgrade which just makes no sense if you ask me. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyoming-class_battleship#Upgrades

"Modernization began in 1925, finishing in 1927. This included anti-torpedo blisters giving them broader beams and greater displacement, and also thicker deck armor. Four White-Forster oil-fired boilers replaced the 12 previous Babcock and Wilcox coal-fired boilers with no loss of power, resulting in only a single smoke stack. The masts were reduced to a single cage mast. Both ships were outfitted with newer gunfire controls. Some of the 5" secondary battery was moved to the superstructure. The 3" AA battery was increased to eight guns and the torpedo tubes were removed. An aircraft catapult and facilities for three floatplanes (typically the Curtiss SOC Seagull from 1935) were added" 

Arkansas should look like this

Z6wI04s.jpgNot this 

m0QEIye.jpg

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

It's a free 300k credit and a port slot. What's not to like?

Well the Iwaki alpha is worth keeping, im jealous basically, i don't get why we get a ship thats only use is to give you some credits or take up a port slot lol 

Super Tester
149 posts

At least it is a premium version of my favorite tier 4 Battleship and I think it will be better than the upcoming Ishizuchi.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

At least it is a premium version of my favorite tier 4 Battleship and I think it will be better than the upcoming Ishizuchi.

It is the stock Wyoming. With no AA. In a tier with CVs and the only relevant cruiser with AA is the Yuubari, but she's not enough to deal with planes.

Super Tester
149 posts

What might be the Open Beta reward or there is none? In World of Warplanes they gave a tier 2 aircraft perhaps here we might get a free Albany.  

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

What might be the Open Beta reward or there is none? In World of Warplanes they gave a tier 2 aircraft perhaps here we might get a free Albany.  

The reward is the stock Wyoming with a repaint. Did you not read the OP?

Super Tester
149 posts

The reward is the stock Wyoming with a repaint. Did you not read the OP?

No Arkansas is the CBT reward ship but what I meant is that after the Open Beta Testing is done will we get another worse premium ship

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

It's possible (World of Tanks did it for their OBT, I think), but for WG games, OBT tends to last a really long time.

Edited by Syanda

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

No Arkansas is the CBT reward ship but what I meant is that after the Open Beta Testing is done will we get another worse premium ship

OBT is live. I doubt they would give a ship when everyone and their grandparents can register for it.

Super Tester
149 posts

It's possible (World of Tanks did it for their OBT, I think), but for WG games, OBT tends to last a really long time.

Yeah do you still remember the M4A2E4 that was a reward for players who played up to 1,000 games during the Open Beta of WoT but I doubt WoWS won't stay in this phase for long according to the mods. 
Edited by Marisp17

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Yeah do you still remember the M4A2E4 that was a reward for players who played up to 1,000 games during the Open Beta of WoT but I doubt WoWS won't stay in this phase for long according to the mods. 

Any of use know how to check your battles done agaisnt everyone elses? (Basically is there a hall of fame? if so i can't find it) 

I am interested to see which of these rewards ill get for my 1300 battles, much more exciting than the stock arkansas lol 

gIok8zJ.jpg

Edited by Fear_the_Reaper

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Yes, I still have it.

As for 1300....that's probably next top 30%, I guess. There's no way to check rankings unless you just scroll through various player profiles.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

FYI, Arkansas has 6 upgrade slots (you can also get the range boosting GFCSM 2). Wyoming IIRC only 2 slots.

I think that alone makes it a keeper.

Also, USN commander trainer.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

FYI, Arkansas has 6 upgrade slots (you can also get the range boosting GFCSM 2). Wyoming IIRC only 2 slots.

I think that alone makes it a keeper.

Oh so it does get something to compensate for it

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Seems like another guy who didn't test the ship out in PT and just assume it's bad.

But it is. No AA means any CV can drop you without worry. 

What about AA then? Oh, right. That tier's AA is so crap.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

But it is. No AA means any CV can drop you without worry. 

What about AA then? Oh, right. That tier's AA is so crap.

pretty much - there are very few ships at that tier that have even close to reasonable AA.

Beta Tester
771 posts
1,374 battles

Seems like another guy who didn't test the ship out in PT and just assume it's bad.

It is a battleship without a torpedo belt or AA cover, they are kinda important things to have in a bb lol. 

The saving grace seems to be that you can spend a couple million credits on making it nearly as good as a wyoming with the hull and fire control upgrade.