Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sudoku135

Working with WOWS sound source files

1 comment in this topic

Beta Tester
98 posts
3,857 battles

Just like other modders, I tried to work with WOWS source files but can only extract *.wwise file from *.bnk file and convert them to *.ogg playable sound files. I can't open those *.wwise files even though I'm using the latest version (v2015.1 build 5263). The program said that WOWS *.wwise files were created by ... a newer version.
Let aside the question if it's possible or not to mod sound files without the original sound project from WG. What I want to ask WOWS Developers are:

1. Does WG staffs plan/want to support modders in this matter on this Asia server? If the answer were a yes, then how would they support us ?

2. What actually is the version of WWISE the WOWS sound-dev team is using ? or the name and version of the program they are using. ( I think it's a non-confidential info, right ?).
3. I'm interest in modding "Sound of Personels" files which are inside WOWS_SP.bnk file. My last question is : Does the WOWS sound-dev team plan to change the content of that file in the near future ?
I'm know someone asked about sound modding before and I read those topics but I still want to ask.

Sign in to follow this