Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stud_M

MM is a joke

54 comments in this topic

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
16 posts
9,673 battles

I hope that WG will learn that they need to make several adjustments to the MM.

When they place 6 DD's per side in a battle with just a couple of CA's then the battle becomes very one-sided. I would have thought that when they allowed only 2 CV's maximum per battle that they would have also considered the other 3 warship types and limited their participation in a battle.

It seems at the moment, that the DD is fast becoming an obsolete hull especially with their very limited AA armament. Using smoke to the max does not even shield you from bombers or even torps. They only need to fly over your DD and you are lit up like a Christmas tree for all and sundry to take shots at you. The number of battles I have participated in lately, I have been constantly detected by the CV planes and constantly bombed/torped out of the battle. Surely WG need to look at either minimising the number of CV's per battle or no-one will bother playing DD's.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Its RNG whether DB will hit you. I had ammo racked a Grem before, but yet miss like all the attack run on BBs, and DDs.

Torpedo bomber is not really a threat to you. Yoy arw hard to hit and your nimbleness can easily dodge torpedoes.

As for MM, Its rather imbalanve right now, but to decreae waiting time limit had been more lenient. OBT will be better.

[PANZA]
Alpha Tester
26 posts
2,080 battles

The MM issue will sort itself out when the game goes open. With a limited player base it's more a case of "get battles in" instead of "get a perfectly matched battle" which would be more representative of an actual battle.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

It has been said many times before, the MM has it's tier restriction removed so that there can be more games being played in the CBT due  to the limited population.

Beta Tester
33 posts
9,057 battles

Matchmaker will be fixed, but it's not high on the list as of now. There are more pressing concerns to bother than this.

Hopefully it will be when the game is released.

I disagree with you regarding not high priority. First impressions are extremely important. It's no fun for a tier 3 or 4 players to be matched up with tier 6 or higher. As there are many more players on the weekend, mm seems to be no different. I certainly hope when we are in OBT the mm system is fairer. 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Of course in OBT, MM will be fairer, look of how many Thousands players waiting for this game

the more player in the game, the Fairer the MM will work

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

Of course in OBT, MM will be fairer, look of how many million players waiting for this game

*Fixed for you

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

I disagree with you regarding not high priority. First impressions are extremely important. It's no fun for a tier 3 or 4 players to be matched up with tier 6 or higher. As there are many more players on the weekend, mm seems to be no different. I certainly hope when we are in OBT the mm system is fairer. 

That's what YOU think, not what WG thinks.

If it was on high priority, it would have been fixed by now (heck, they could just directly brought WoT's MM over, but they didn't because the game still has  a lack of players and the MM was given exceptions to make more games at the cost of unbalanced teams). In weekend sure there are more players, but MM still have problem balancing teams all the time, more so because our server has the lowest population of all.

OBT ofcourse it will be fixed, because OBT is practically official release (only difference is that they stress test server, which is irrelevant to us on player side).

Beta Tester
86 posts
208 battles

MM has always been WG's bigges flaw and would always remain as is. Hey WG's MM is its signature similar to how they have SerB. :teethhappy:

If any developer wants to beat WG, they just need a working proper MM and WG is toast. Hopefully that certain MMO with not so WWII tanks brings that about. :)

Beta Tester
33 posts
9,057 battles

That's what YOU think, not what WG thinks.

If it was on high priority, it would have been fixed by now (heck, they could just directly brought WoT's MM over, but they didn't because the game still has  a lack of players and the MM was given exceptions to make more games at the cost of unbalanced teams). In weekend sure there are more players, but MM still have problem balancing teams all the time, more so because our server has the lowest population of all.

OBT ofcourse it will be fixed, because OBT is practically official release (only difference is that they stress test server, which is irrelevant to us on player side).

That is correct. It is what I think as i have the right, just like everyone else, to express my opinion.  Forums are for the purpose of discussing issues players find during the CBT so that most problems can be addressed before they go to OBT. So it seems you know what WG are thinking. Ok Mods, you're no longer required. Gezeiten will take over now. lol

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

That is correct. It is what I think as i have the right, just like everyone else, to express my opinion.  Forums are for the purpose of discussing issues players find during the CBT so that most problems can be addressed before they go to OBT. So it seems you know what WG are thinking. Ok Mods, you're no longer required. Gezeiten will take over now. lol

Whatever it is, I don't think WG going to bother MM fix anytime soon, that's for sure.

Our main task currently is finding bugs and stuffs like that, enjoying fair games are to be left later. 

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

It has been said many times before, the MM has it's tier restriction removed so that there can be more games being played in the CBT due  to the limited population.

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
16 posts
9,673 battles

Of course in OBT, MM will be fairer, look of how many Thousands players waiting for this game

Just a thought ... This is the English-Speaking Community Forum so, would those that do not use English as their first language or are just spamming this part of the forum for something to do ... just butt-out as your posts are making little or no sense to the native English speaking contributors.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

If any developer wants to beat WG, they just need a working proper MM and WG is toast. Hopefully that certain MMO with not so WWII tanks brings that about. :)

>looks at their MM

:D:D:D:D

Just a thought ... This is the English-Speaking Community Forum so, would those that do not use English as their first language or are just spamming this part of the forum for something to do ... just butt-out as your posts are making little or no sense to the native English speaking contributors.

Don't be rude - Harpoon has a point and he's understandable. MM will, generally speaking, be a lot better if there's more players in queues. Right now, we're in CBT and bulk testing needs to be done, hence the game throwing different players of multiple tiers together to generate matches without long wait times. Even then, outside of aircraft carriers, lower tier ships don't really fare too badly against upper tier ones. A Minekaze (tier V destroyer) can easily wreck battleships and cruisers way above its tier. Likewise a Cleveland. Lower tier cruisers can beat up higher tier destroyers. Lower tier battleships can beat up higher tier cruisers.

As for your specific complaints about DDs, Black Pantheras has your solution - turn your AA off. Lower tier destroyers have their concealment rating listed in port. Hell, they're usually better than higher tier ones. Hit P, AA goes off, you get hidden.

Edited by Syanda

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

To put it more simply for you to understand.

The matchmaker's tier restriction function have been removed in this close beta test, so that there can be more games played and recorded for statistics and bug finding. This is due to the asia World of warship close beta server having the least player population among all test servers.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Just a thought ... This is the English-Speaking Community Forum so, would those that do not use English as their first language or are just spamming this part of the forum for something to do ... just butt-out as your posts are making little or no sense to the native English speaking contributors.

Oh, you're telling me that I'm a spammer in this forum? That speak some sh** in the forum?

Okay, English is not my first language. But hey, I might even speak better than you and contribute better than any English native in this forum

And this is ASIAN English Speaking Forum Community, so formal English is not a must at all

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
16 posts
9,673 battles

Don't be rude - Harpoon has a point and he's understandable. MM will, generally speaking, be a lot better if there's more players in queues. Right now, we're in CBT and bulk testing needs to be done, hence the game throwing different players of multiple tiers together to generate matches without long wait times. Even then, outside of aircraft carriers, lower tier ships don't really fare too badly against upper tier ones. A Minekaze (tier V destroyer) can easily wreck battleships and cruisers way above its tier. Likewise a Cleveland. Lower tier cruisers can beat up higher tier destroyers. Lower tier battleships can beat up higher tier cruisers.

As for your specific complaints about DDs, Black Pantheras has your solution - turn your AA off. Lower tier destroyers have their concealment rating listed in port. Hell, they're usually better than higher tier ones. Hit P, AA goes off, you get hidden.

I was NOT being rude to anyone. However, players making remarks using very poor English are difficult to understand at best and perhaps should confine themselves to their own language forums or better still, gain a better understanding of the English language so that their posts in this forum are more easily understood. 

I always turn my AA guns off at the start of the battle but with their very limited capability (3.1 aerial range) it makes little difference and when being attacked by multiple bombers/torpedo planes that are able to get within 0.8km from your DD, it is almost impossible not to be hit.

Edited by Stud_M

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I was NOT being rude to anyone. However, players making remarks using very poor English are difficult to understand at best and perhaps should confine themselves to their own language forums or better still, gain a better understanding of the English language so that their posts in this forum are more easily understood. 

I always turn my AA guns off at the start of the battle but with their very limited capability (3.1 aerial range) it makes little difference and when being attacked by multiple bombers/torpedo planes it is almost impossible not to be hit.

I suggest getting used to it - all three servers have their fair share of terrible English. And anyway, Harpoon was perfectly understandable.

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

Man I did open this kind of related thread before yea MM is fix already since don't have enough player now so no choice go with it

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
16 posts
9,673 battles

I suggest getting used to it - all three servers have their fair share of terrible English. And anyway, Harpoon was perfectly understandable.

Perhaps then your deciphering skills are a little better than mine ... however, I stand by what I said earlier. I am not sure why people need to spam these forums with unintelligible clap-trap, perhaps they have other motives?
Edited by Stud_M

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Perhaps then your deciphering skills are a little better than mine ... however, I stand by what I said earlier.

There are only three language forums in the Asia cluster - English, Chinese, and Japanese. That means that players who do not speak either Chinese or Japanese have no other official forums to go into. Mainly because the other individual languages (Korean, Malay, Indonesian, Tagalog, etc) have too few players to make opening a regional subforum for them feasible. Furthermore, they have every right to post their thoughts and comments on the forum. You do not make the rules here, WG does. So long as they attempt to communicate in English, even if its terrible, they have every right to post in the English language forum and are not breaking any language-related rules. The post you highlighted isn't even vaguely incomprehensible, and was contributing to the topic you created - Matchmaking. You do not have the right to tell people to stay off the forums. That's rude. If you find it spammy or objectionable, report the post to a moderator, and they will clean up.
Edited by Syanda

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
16 posts
9,673 battles

There are only three language forums in the Asia cluster - English, Chinese, and Japanese. That means that players who do not speak either Chinese or Japanese have no other official forums to go into. Mainly because the other individual languages (Korean, Malay, Indonesian, Tagalog, etc) have too few players to make opening a regional subforum for them feasible. Furthermore, they have every right to post their thoughts and comments on the forum. You do not make the rules here, WG does. So long as they attempt to communicate in English, even if its terrible, they have every right to post in the English language forum and are not breaking any language-related rules. The post you highlighted isn't even vaguely incomprehensible, and was contributing to the topic you created - Matchmaking. You do not have the right to tell people to stay off the forums. That's rude. If you find it spammy or objectionable, report the post to a moderator, and they will clean up.

I gather from the number of posts that you have personally made you are one of the ones that I alluded to in my previous post. 

Posting for the sake of posting shows a real flaw in your character.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I gather from the number of posts that you have personally made you are one of the ones that I alluded to in my previous post. 

Posting for the sake of posting shows a real flaw in your character.

Ah yes, because clearly you've gone through every single one of my posts and found absolutely nothing of substance whatsoever.