Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tank_Killerz

Good Morning

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
28 posts
2,363 battles

After watching a certain amount of videos (mostly Jingles) involving this particular game, I decided to listen to the siren song and purchase a pre-order ship.

I do have some reservations and would like them answered in as best a manner as possible.

1. I am unsure if I should go with the American or Japanese naval lines.

2. If I choose the former or the latter, what are the strength or weakness of each?

3. Can I load AAA shells into the DP guns of the cruisers?

Thank you.

Edited by Tank_Killerz

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Which class you want to use first

IJN DD are true BB killer with Superior Torpedoes armaments

USN DD are the DD killer, their gun are much superior to IJN, but not that much against bigger ship

USN Cruiser have superior gun performance with fast repoad and aiming speed

IJN cruiser are weaker and have inferior gun performance, but armed with deadly Torpedoes

IJN BB have better Gun range up to tier 7 and better Rudder shift time

USN BB have better accuracy at medium and close range up to tier 7 and better Turn Radius

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,023 battles

From tier 1 & 2 there is very little difference, from tier 3 to 5 is where you start to see real changes.

It will all depend on your tactics and play style. Enjoy!

Beta Tester
28 posts
2,363 battles

Thank you for the input. 

I'm still waiting for the launcher to finish updating as I watch the videos in the thread near the bottom of the page. 

Hmm, I'm more of a medium tank player. Will that make me into a cruiser captain or a destroyer captain?

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

Thank you for the input. 

I'm still waiting for the launcher to finish updating as I watch the videos in the thread near the bottom of the page. 

Hmm, I'm more of a medium tank player. Will that make me into a cruiser captain or a destroyer captain?

Please don't follow any World of Tanks mentality when walking into this game. Just bring your situational awareness with you.

Beta Tester
28 posts
2,363 battles

Please don't follow any World of Tanks mentality when walking into this game. Just bring your situational awareness with you.

*steers right into torpedo salvo* Where did that come from? XD

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,023 battles

Which class you want to use first

IJN DD are true BB killer with Superior Torpedoes armaments

USN DD are the DD killer, their gun are much superior to IJN, but not that much against bigger ship

USN Cruiser have superior gun performance with fast repoad and aiming speed

IJN cruiser are weaker and have inferior gun performance, but armed with deadly Torpedoes

IJN BB have better Gun range up to tier 7 and better Rudder shift time

USN BB have better accuracy at medium and close range up to tier 7 and better Turn Radius

Edit*

IJN DD are true Torpedoes boats with Superior Torpedoes armaments than USN, guns are after thought, bad turning and effective fire.
USN DD are harassers and objective takers, rely on gun performance which is superior to IJN, Torpedoes are after thought but still effective at sinking ships at medium to close range.
All DD are nimble but so lightly armoured and low health, any incoming fire will take out a module and cause massive damage. BB often one shoot DD's.
Keep hidden behind ships, islands and smoke, never stop moving.
AA is ineffective and often turned off to help hide ship from detection. (don't get spotted).

USN Cruiser have superior gun performance with fast reload and aiming speed, excellent AA, average speed and rudder shift.

IJN cruiser are have weaker armour and less health, and have inferior gun loading performance and AA defence, but armed with deadly Torpedoes, 205in guns at tier 5 which out range USN cruisers until tier 7, faster and more manoeuvrable ships than all USN counterparts.

All Cruisers are prone to be set on fire and suffer module damage from incoming shot from all tiers.

IJN BB From tier 4 have better Gun range,accuracy and loading speed up to tier 8, better speed at tier 5-8. Less armour than USN Battleships and Less AA effectiveness.

USN BB have better accuracy at medium and close range up to tier 7 and better Turn Radius, and better AA at tier 6+

All BB have bad or no AA defence until tier 6, slow moving targets best used at long range. Turrets take long time to reload and turn.

IJN Carriers carry less planes which are lightly armoured and have smaller squadrons however more of them.
Best used as swarm tactics on ships with poor AA defence. Ships are fast and have good automated defensive guns but poor AA.
USN Carriers, carry more planes and bigger squadrons but less squads. Planes are slower the IGN though better armed and armoured, USN planes will defeat IJN counterpart one on one, though IJN use swarm tactics to out number.
Ships are slower but have excellent AA defence though poor ship defence.
Carriers are lightly armoured and easily set on fire which prevents squads being launched, keep far back and focus on enemy BB's and enemy carriers to obtain air superiority.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Now start with the Current problem as this is still Beta (which means a lot of problem)

- DD unable/rarely to Kill a Fully-Awareness BB player in more than 8 km with the current Torpedo Detection Time (Too easy to detect then React)

- The smoke Might cover the DD but it wont cover the Torpedoes

- Some BB Turn very good and even better than Some DD

- BB tend to play at the side of the map and even the Border of the map at max range (you need to see it by yourself to know the reason why)

- Many New Player plays BB thinking BB are the most powerful ship in the world, Despite that.... See above^

- CV was a most dangerous threat in the game (that's why CV only limited to only 2), now due to very much Complains (the Complains are uncountable)  about their Ship (Mostly BB) get killed in an Instant (but CV only able to do so every 3-6 minutes while the game only last 20 minutes), Now CV only able to Heavily damage the Ship (and yet they still complain, lol)

- Cruiser are the most balanced Ship in this game

- If you are not familiar with RTS game, CV is not recommended

Beta Tester
28 posts
2,363 battles

I'll stick to cruiser and destroyer classes for now. The carriers remind me of the micro-management I performed on NavyField.

Thanks everyone. :)

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,023 battles

Cruisers are also the most versatile ships, and in some cases more changeling than any other ship to play, but the reward is well worth it. While at mid tiers this game is World of BattleShips, at later tiers DD and Cruisers rule the seas.

Sign in to follow this