You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Marisp17

Proposal for tier 5 French Battleship Class: Lyon

10 comments in this topic

Super Tester
149 posts

Hello everyone,

I found this French proposed paper battleship project while surfing around on the internet, I discovered it to be completely crazy because of all those 13 inch guns mounted in four quadruple barrel turrets, totaling the overall amount to 16 guns! It should be a tier 5 battleship once the French Navy arrives. When comparing it to the upcoming tier 4 premium battleship Ishizuchi and the Wyoming or Arkansas which only had 10-12x 12 inch guns, The Lyon's firepower would have been like a battleship version of the USS Atlanta at lower tiers.

Even though World War I broke out resulting in this class never being built. It's turret design actually inspired the latter Dunkerque and other quadruple barrel turreted battleships like HMS King George V Class!     

Link to More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyon-class_battleship

2 Different Designs Proposals: http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/Rengokuy/French/Lion-15.jpg 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2b/Lyon_class_linedrawing.png 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

how fast is it at going in reverse and scuttling?

That's for Italian ships though. :v

And don't worry, mate. French Navy is in the list of (somewhere) priority. For now, we're fixing the core game mechanics of this game. ;)

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,024 battles

Honestly if anyone actually checks history of WW2; the French navy was huge. Only the USN and Royal navy were on par.

If not for the courages royal navy, commandos and French resistance sinking most ships before the German army conquered France, this would have been sized and used against England giving the German Navy massive increase in Naval power, which would have been used to attack all shipping lanes and prevent USN from entering the European theatre and required resources arriving in England and Russian, thus allowing the Germany to fully focus on the East and crush the Russian army.

Most people don't realise that the allies won the war more by luck than anything.

Edited by Tarrell

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Most people don't realise that the allies won the war more by luck than anything.

Japan still played a losing game you know, given their Industry is Inferior compare to USA

But i agree German Could win The war (but without their poor Strategy) with their superior Technology (poor Navy tough)

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,024 battles

Japan still played a losing game you know, given their Industry is Inferior compare to USA

But i agree German Could win The war (but without their poor Strategy) with their superior Technology (poor Navy tough)

Yeah Japan had no hope, even with the luck they had at hitting pearl,they were under prepared and lacked resources to stage a prolonged offensive.

Exactly, I would hate to think what would have happened if they had of convinced Hitler that planes were the way to go over tank, and they had of focussed on air superiority, Horton ho's dominating the sky's. Or if Germany had of held of the invasion of the east because they received true statics about the amount of armour relayed against them. If they had beat the Allies to the navy yards and captured the French navy (I believe its was like within a week), or chosen to focus their bombings on the airfields instead of London.

Even down to the fact that D-Day, if the German army had been made aware of the landing by 2 hours, they could have pushed back the offensive.

Anyway I cant wait to see the Royal navy and French navy in action.

Edited by Tarrell