Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Drunk_Thug

japan Vs usa aircraft carriers

whats a better carrier line?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Japan or USA

• Japan
    • USA
    • N/A
  2. 2. Is Japan OP or UP

• OP
    • UP
    • N/A
  3. 3. Is USA OP/UP

• OP
    • UP
    • N/A
  4. 4. Are the Japan and USA carriers Balanced or just different?

• Balanced
    • Unbalaced
    • Different

31 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
15 posts
375 battles

Just a poll to get some feed back for both myself and the WG team on beta test balance issues.

Thanks Drunk_Thug:honoring:

Edited by Drunk_Thug

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The Torpedo Bomber are too easy to use so instead of making it Harder (to use) they nerf it very badly instead (and in the recent patch, they make it harder but no buffing it)

The Dive Bomber are easy to use as well but too many RNG involved and its firepower is weak and unreliable (they use HE bomb after all)

The Fighter are... well RNG based as well... since you could fight the same Fighter but lose up to 2 planes instantly while engaging and the Enemy still in a piece, same goes with Ship's AAW

The IJN TB spread is so wide that even a Kongou could slip trough with some luck

The USN TB have much better Spread but Only limited to 1 squadron up to Lexington (it takes 6-10 minutes to sink a lone battleship with it), and only 2 available in Essex (and probably Midway too) as ALL-Bomber loadout (Which very disadvantaging against enemy USN CV with Fighter loadout)

The Essex fighter loadout (probably Midway too) very very very unrewarding when there is no Enemy CV in a battle (even stock looks better with a TB squadron)

An IJN Fighter Must spend most (if not all) of its ammo for taking down a USN Bomber in the same tier

USN Fighter can't outrun IJN Fighter as it is much faster, but have more ammo

USN Squadron are Slower to Rearm due the number of planes per squad, The IJN have it faster

BB player complain not about CV being so powerful, but is about they got killed instantly in a single Run (and now they complain about they can't dodge its attack despite being able to Survive the attack)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

In carrier vs carrier battles IJN<USN.

But, if both select Bomber loadout, it is matter of skill (It's IJN that better when it still patch 3.1)

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

No if both selected bombers IJN has the upperhand due to squadron size. I've experienced this first hand with my essex. 2 torp bombers aren't enough to sink a tier 8 cv unless im lucky. Most IJN cvs rush me and 3 torp bombers isn't fun with 3 DB. If there are 2 IJN cvs with any loadout GG. The fact is even if they are similar in power the IJN is a TIER 8! I bet they plan to add more squads to the tier 9 and 10

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Both had their advantage, but right now both are also broken.

USN CV had great fighters and usable TB spread, but the reward is so low for shooting stuff down, and their striking power is largely inferior to IJN CV. Any IJN CV using bomber loadout can nuke you even with your fighters. There are too much of them and you cant shoot down all of them.

IJN CV is more like all or nothing, their squad is smaller but there are soooo much of them. The main issue is the utter disastrous rorpedo spread - may be not a problem to kill another CV but a nightmare to use even against BB. Also, their fighters are not as good as USN one.

They need to rework the squaron system to give us customizable air groups, and fix the god awful spread and aim reticle.

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

I dont know where you got this from but the spread doesn't count for much. Most of the time anyship you drop torps head on at will dodge the torps. I for one always attack from the sides or criss cross if I can. I used the tier 7 IJN cv and the spread is not that wide. A kongo was hit by all 4 torps so I don't know where a kongo fitting through came from. Not to mention 2-3 torp bombers overlapping will completely negate spread unlike the limited usn.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I gotta say, though, from the perspective of a non-carrier player, carrier torpedo drops are a lot easier to dodge after the 3.0 changes. Unless the enemy carrier sends a derp load strike against us, most ships can get away with one, maybe two torpedo hits from a squadron drop.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I dont know where you got this from but the spread doesn't count for much. Most of the time anyship you drop torps head on at will dodge the torps. I for one always attack from the sides or criss cross if I can. I used the tier 7 IJN cv and the spread is not that wide. A kongo was hit by all 4 torps so I don't know where a kongo fitting through came from. Not to mention 2-3 torp bombers overlapping will completely negate spread unlike the limited usn.

Do you really play IJN CV prior to patch 3.1.2?

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I gotta say, though, from the perspective of a non-carrier player, carrier torpedo drops are a lot easier to dodge after the 3.0 changes. Unless the enemy carrier sends a derp load strike against us, most ships can get away with one, maybe two torpedo hits from a squadron drop.

B-But BB should be invincible!

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Because of that, next patch they'll probably buff CV again :P only for them to get nerfed again :teethhappy:

IMO I think WG got balancing wrong with regards to CV, pushing specific roles onto nation-specific CV is a bad idea. Also, Fighter loadout is more of an annoyance, all you do is killing the fun of opposing CV, nothing else (you don't gain anything for yourself either). This needs to be fixed.

Beta Tester
3 posts
2,572 battles

Torpedo bomber is much better than dive bomber, and 4~8 tier US CV has only 1 torpedo bomber squadron.

So normally USN CV has only 1 option.  - Fighter + Dive Bomber.

That's why almost every USN CV players are using Fighters+DB setting.(until they have Essex 3DB+2TB)

On the other hand, every IJN CV players are using TB+DB settings.

They all know about USN CV players are using Fighters but they are still using only bombers.

Because they also know about 2 Fighter squadrons can't stop their 6 bomber squadron.

even if they don't control bombers at all, 2 fighter squadrons have NOT ENOUGH AMMO for shoot down all of these bombers!!

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Torpedo bomber is much better than dive bomber, and 4~8 tier US CV has only 1 torpedo bomber squadron.

That's why almost every USN CV players are using Fighters+DB setting.(until they have Essex 3DB+2TB)

They all know about USN CV players are using Fighters but they are still using only bombers.

Because they also know about 2 Fighter squadrons can't stop their 6 bomber squadron.

even if they don't control bombers at all, 2 fighter squadrons have NOT ENOUGH AMMO for shoot down all of these bombers!!

^

This is actually very true.

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

Too true to ignore.

Personally, I prefer USN CV over IJN CV because of no reason, I just like USN CVs

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Why is Shinanno missing from the tech tree?

They plan it to place her in another CV Tree, along with Akagi and Kaga
Edited by Harpoon01

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

That makes no sense

They were all converted hulls which were not built to be a CV from the start.
Edited by Halken_Sky

Alpha Tester
131 posts
1,450 battles

They were all converted hulls which were not built to be a CV from the start.

Ah, of course, silly me. Thanks

I was thinking from a time line perspective

Edited by charcoal44

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,024 battles

Too true to ignore.

Personally, I prefer USN CV over IJN CV because of no reason, I just like USN CVs

Yeah very broken IJN bomber/ Torp plane load-out. And there first target is always the enemy carrier, I watch enemy planes fly over a whole fleet just to torp your carrier, after that the game play changes to capture objective and kill the remaining carrier/ stick together.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

the sheer number of planes from 2 IJN CV's is too much, especially in high tier matches  (not that I'm complaining), I just find it hard to crowd control them and shooting down planes doesn't yield much XP

oh well~ I prefer USN CV's though because of the number of planes in the squad and of course I like fighters.. :D

Beta Tester
317 posts
953 battles

USA CV seems to have much planes in their carrier, thus harder to wipe out their whole group, IMHO that is their biggest advantage. But anyway, all is depend on the man behind the mouse.....

1 post
198 battles

The difference to be made here is to balance back both nation then let the player decide the ship.

Let the player choose which they focus at.
- The carrier commander skill point is different than other ship. Carrier commander get additional skill tree that is called Aircraft Skill.

- The Aircraft Skill is different than normal one where it will focus build for each type plane. Player can choose to focus on 1 skill either fighter, torpedo or bomber at EACH level. Example if player choose level 1 skill fighter then he/she cannot choose the other level 1 skill torpedo & bomber. Same goes to level 2 skill if player choose level 2 skill torpedo then he/she cannot choose level 2 skill fighter & bomber.

Carrier just leave it as it is.

Edited by dragynraken

Sign in to follow this