Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Operations Return

71 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
208 posts
13,039 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

Max_Happy.

Happy_Battle

Not sure how I feel about the 'Random Operations' for PUG play, but I suppose it makes a change from players min-maxing OotW (and some who try and still manage to fail)... and I'll get to play the ops I've not yet experienced (Hermes, Cherry Blossom etc.).

A part of me wishes there was 'Op of the Week' and 'Random Op' as a choice, but that might skew the queue somewhat. *shrug*

• Cool 2

[NEMU]
[NEMU]
538 posts
2,097 battles
4 minutes ago, Capt_Sizes said:

Happy_Battle

Not sure how I feel about the 'Random Operations' for PUG play, but I suppose it makes a change from players min-maxing OotW (and some who try and still manage to fail)... and I'll get to play the ops I've not yet experienced (Hermes, Cherry Blossom etc.).

A part of me wishes there was 'Op of the Week' and 'Random Op' as a choice, but that might skew the queue somewhat. *shrug*

It's been so long since I last played those ops, since anyone played them (apart from PTS) that it will be interesting, especially given the new format. Traditionally, I used to play cruisers a lot more in the operations, so I'll be finding out if this is still a viable option, hoping it is.

[TDA]
Beta Tester
245 posts
21,399 battles

Most us as players justly moan about decisions made by Wargaming but this time Wargaming you have have done good! 

The  majority of your customers love the new operations. It gives the ability of the player to grind their T6-T8 line not in ransoms with are too fickle with match making and team selection.

Also thank you Wargaming for the people with large fleets in providing festival tokens to reduced the grind in us getting all our rewards.

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
6,508 posts
38,912 battles
6 hours ago, Paladinum said:

PalaGLADinum.

Do you remember when this was but a far off dream in a fantasy world we could never touch?

World of Warships Screenshot 2022.09.09 - 00.01.38.80.jpg

(Edit: Now I need to spam Prinz Eugen on randoms til I get Cherry Blossom....)

Edited by Max_Battle

7,107 posts
11,687 battles
Just now, Max_Battle said:

Do you remember when this was but a far off dream in a fantasy world we could never touch?

I never wanted BBs or DDs in Cherry Blossom though, just cruisers of all nations 😶

• Funny 1

[NEMU]
[NEMU]
538 posts
2,097 battles

We now, BTW, have even more motivation to play the operations as WG has announced the subs are ready for their full introduction to the game.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
6,508 posts
38,912 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

We now, BTW, have even more motivation to play the operations as WG has announced the subs are ready for their full introduction to the game.

Exactly what I was thinking....

[-CAT-]
6,356 posts
22,659 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

2 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Exactly what I was thinking....

It is not only you 2 that have that same gut feeling.

• Cool 1

7,107 posts
11,687 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Same as Max. If they can satisfy the sub sycophants and us the reasonable players, there wouls be fewer negative feedback.

However, never allow ourselves to be ignorant of the world, like frogs in a well. 

• Cool 2

[-CAT-]
6,356 posts
22,659 battles
11 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Same as Max. If they can satisfy the sub sycophants and us the reasonable players, there wouls be fewer negative feedback.

However, never allow ourselves to be ignorant of the world, like frogs in a well. 

Hear! Hear!

:Smile_great::Smile_medal::Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
4,178 posts
18,603 battles
24 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

It is not only you 2 that have that same gut feeling.

I'm not too worried about subs. They've basically been free for ages, and I still don't see them much at high tier. Maybe being in tech tree will increase their frequency, but I still don't think they're that popular.

As far os random operations. Yeah, I think its really good for operations and the game in the long run. It will be great for grinding my T6's and 7s, but especially my T8s as it will be easier than in randoms.

I still have to get used to the "random" part of random ops... makes it impossible to take the best ship for the job, especially if you're pugging.

I guess I'm just a little melancholy about how the easy grinding of the old ops is gone, but I'll get over that with all the new opportunities.

And you'll still always get those pugs that suck, so no real change there.

I just wish you were able to do ALL missions in operations.

• Cool 2

[-CAT-]
6,356 posts
22,659 battles
5 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I'm not too worried about subs. They've basically been free for ages, and I still don't see them much at high tier. Maybe being in tech tree will increase their frequency, but I still don't think they're that popular.

Because the recent changes and implementation of submarines is motivated by greed.

It would not be unpopular or negatively recieved if the changes and implementation of submarines is motivated by fun.

Terror of the Deep (Halloween 2018).

5 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I just wish you were able to do ALL missions in operations.

From the looks of the rewards, WG basically copy pasta the reward pattern from Convoy 1, Convoy 2 (Derby), Key Battle, and the Recent Savage Battle.

Not complaining though.

Except for the last mission which requires 50k BXP. That used to be around 25k-ish or 30k-ish.

Or

There was a 25k / 30k then 50k (?).

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

1,284 posts
19,377 battles
2 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Except for the last mission which requires 50k BXP. That used to be around 25k-ish or 30k-ish.

Or

I'm not going to bust a gut trying to get that 50k base xp. Too many dockyard directives require battles in co-op and randoms (and exclude operations). But i definitely will get at least 1 operations win every day. Those community tokens are nice. I exchange them for the 3 resource containers as they accrue. Extra coal, flags and oil.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
4,178 posts
18,603 battles
4 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Because the recent changes and implementation of submarines is motivated by greed.

It would not be unpopular or negatively recieved if the changes and implementation of submarines is motivated by fun.

Terror of the Deep (Halloween 2018).

From the looks of the rewards, WG basically copy pasta the reward pattern from Convoy 1, Convoy 2 (Derby), Key Battle, and the Recent Savage Battle.

Not complaining though.

Or

Rewards and ops specific missions are fine.

Other combat missions, such as the dockyard, are still hit or miss. You can do some in scenarios, but not others.

Yes, I know this is because certain missions would be too easy in scenarios, but still, it is a detractor from playing them and it annoys me.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
6,508 posts
38,912 battles

Day Two of "New" Operations

1. Loving the variety of ships I can use. I have many ships that aren't very satisying for me in either Coop (too slow to get into combat fast enough) or PvP (I'm not comptetant/confident in them or I just plain suck in them 😛 ) that are fun to use in Operations now. This has multiplied my enjoyment of my fleet. So good.

2. I think many people are underestimating the increased power of the bot fleets! Do not doubt the power of New Skynet! Be like John Connor!

3. I think many people haven't played the "old-new" ops 😛 - Forgive them the learning curve!

[G_R]
491 posts
27,271 battles

Hey Max not bad for a cruiser hey. So far liking new operations

shot-22_09_09_19_54.32-0704.thumb.jpg.0e48950333acaa384f01b85d8ca3851b.jpg

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
6,508 posts
38,912 battles
25 minutes ago, Grimnar42 said:

Hey Max not bad for a cruiser hey. So far liking new operations

shot-22_09_09_19_54.32-0704.thumb.jpg.0e48950333acaa384f01b85d8ca3851b.jpg

Nice work.

Hampshire shells bite hard don't they?

[-CAT-]
6,356 posts
22,659 battles
9 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Other combat missions, such as the dockyard, are still hit or miss. You can do some in scenarios, but not others.

Yes, I know this is because certain missions would be too easy in scenarios, but still, it is a detractor from playing them and it annoys me.

It is by design.

Someone in WG knows that operations are popular and absolutely hate operations with a passion, and is in a state of denial.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

1,284 posts
19,377 battles

Had a decent result today. MM gave me Newport. The big red bote was a buffed Yamato. Pumped HE into him to burn his dam con, them poked holes in him with 6 torp hits, only to have a fort steal the kill just as I got the other side torps in the water and almost into him as well.

20220910201408_1.jpg

20220910201706_1.jpg

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this