You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
StarliteStandard

Premium ships

22 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
51 posts
34 battles

What does the premium tag on a ship do? Besides, you know, look exclusive and what not

Also, any way to further bump up my earnings? I have premium time activated but that is only 50% more credits and stuff, any way to further increase the income short of bumping up base income?

Beta Tester
51 posts
34 battles

And I just bought all the modules for my Minakaze with the earnings from 1 battle, not sure if WG decided to make a non grindy game or because I'm missing something.

I get like 200k/4k on average...how does that fair?

Beta Tester
86 posts
208 battles

*crosses fingers* let's hope WG doesn't put up an absolutely terrible ripoff vehicle like WoT's Löwe.

To answer the above Q, prem ships give you more credits! The higher the tier, the more they give to you.

In theory prem vehicles are supposed to be better than stock and worse than elite of the same tier... tho seeing how things are currently in WoWS, I doubt that is the case especially regarding Sims and Atlanta which are as good or even better than elite configurations of their tier.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

And I just bought all the modules for my Minakaze with the earnings from 1 battle, not sure if WG decided to make a non grindy game or because I'm missing something.

I get like 200k/4k on average...how does that fair?

Beta test have much more Reward for test purpose, (they need testing data top tier too)

Beta Tester
51 posts
34 battles

I see, I mean even in a non premium ship like the Minakaze, it's easy to get 250k per match and I can Elite a ship in 1 or 2 matches, not sure if WG is making this on purpose

*crosses fingers* let's hope WG doesn't put up an absolutely terrible ripoff vehicle like WoT's Löwe.

To answer the above Q, prem ships give you more credits! The higher the tier, the more they give to you.

In theory prem vehicles are supposed to be better than stock and worse than elite of the same tier... tho seeing how things are currently in WoWS, I doubt that is the case especially regarding Sims and Atlanta which are as good or even better than elite configurations of their tier.

When you mention the higher the tier, the more they give to you, what is the exact percentage increase? 

Premium vehicles come with all modules unlocked, I would expect it to be at least the same as an Elite configurations of the same tier or better.

Beta test have much more Reward for test purpose, (they need testing data top tier too)

Is this confirmed by the developers?

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

For your first question: Premium ships net you more credits per battle and a lower repair cost for its class. Secondly you may use any (Same nation) captain on it without having to retrain, useful when you move your captain from one tier of ship to the next and you have to retrain him, then using the premium ship will give you the ability to retrain him on that premium ship at no penalty.

For your second question: Currently in CBT all exp/credit are accelerated, if not, no player will be able to get yo tier 10 in a short time. So don't count on the actual game to be this "fast".

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Is this confirmed by the developers?

Yes, more or less

They still finding the Balanced amount for the Release tough

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Yes, more or less

They still finding the Balanced amount for the Release tough

It's around half of what we are supposed to get. It tallies with WoT if you look at it.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

It's around half of what we are supposed to get. It tallies with WoT if you look at it.

hmmm, i thought the Finance of those 2 games are different

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

It's not that high though. 2k now is when you get a semi good game, which when you cut by half, becomes 1k. 

Exp for hitting or killing higher tier ships will most probably also be reduced, so no more 3 - 4k exp.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

It's not that high though. 2k now is when you get a semi good game, which when you cut by half, becomes 1k. 

Exp for hitting or killing higher tier ships will most probably also be reduced, so no more 3 - 4k exp.

nah, i'm talking about the credit

Beta Tester
51 posts
34 battles

For your first question: Premium ships net you more credits per battle and a lower repair cost for its class. Secondly you may use any (Same nation) captain on it without having to retrain, useful when you move your captain from one tier of ship to the next and you have to retrain him, then using the premium ship will give you the ability to retrain him on that premium ship at no penalty.

For your second question: Currently in CBT all exp/credit are accelerated, if not, no player will be able to get yo tier 10 in a short time. So don't count on the actual game to be this "fast".

There's repair costs? Never noticed that...always thought the cost was for using the recovery ability

Ah I see, so I should stick to the same Captain? 

WoWs should really include benefits of premium ships in their FAQs

Half isn't that bad, if I get 1k EXP per match, takes me 3 matches to get a ship done (At least at tier 5)

Let's hope they are, I am having a whale of a time in CBT because there isn't a lot of grinding to do and yet I've spent over $100 on this game even when things are so easy to get

Maybe WG will get the message that making a game grindy ISN'T the best way to make money but rather making players enjoy it

Yep, semi good games aren't that hard in a DD. Hunt a CV, kill it, boom, 200k/2k (Ok maybe slightly less) 

Didn't know hitting higher gives you more XP

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Yep, semi good games aren't that hard in a DD. Hunt a CV, kill it, boom, 200k/2k (Ok maybe slightly less) 

Didn't know hitting higher gives you more XP

High tier DDs start earning less because your game normally goes like this:

You didn't proof yourself

2k exp game!

2k exp game!

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

High tier DDs start earning less because your game normally goes like this:

2k exp game!

2k exp game!

Game 1 : Shoot 40 torpedo hit 3

Game 2 : Shoot 10 torpedo hit none get oneshot by <insert ship name>

Game 3 : Shoot 20 torpedo 15 hit sinks 5 ships

Game #4-10 : Same as 1 and 2

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Game 1 : Shoot 40 torpedo hit 3

Game 2 : Shoot 10 torpedo hit none get oneshot by <insert ship name>

Game 3 : Shoot 20 torpedo 15 hit sinks 5 ships

Game #4-10 : Same as 1 and 2

DD gameplays are the most "fun".

54fyx3.jpg

Edited by Umidoori

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,025 battles

When OBT, I would imagine the bill for BB ship repairs will be quite large and round costs.

I hope they don't limit shot amount, BB's would be ok, but CA will churn through rounds and DD torp costs, yikes.

Im not looking forward to the long Grind to get back what I have now.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

When OBT, I would imagine the bill for BB ship repairs will be quite large and round costs.

I hope they don't limit shot amount, BB's would be ok, but CA will churn through rounds and DD torp costs, yikes.

Im not looking forward to the long Grind to get back what I have now.

I'm afraid you didn't see the Destroyer Repair bill yet,

Even tough they are about more than 7 times smaller than a Dreadnought

Their repair bill are awesome (plus low rate of torpedoes hit)

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

DD gameplays are the most "fun".

tfw players complain about torps being OP :(

when they can clearly see the torp a mile away.. yep "fun"

repair bill for my Fubuki costs around 75k to 80k lol~ more than the amount of credits I earn from a single game :D

Edited by ragster

1,230 posts
2,389 battles

repair bill for my Fubuki costs around 75k to 80k lol~ more than the amount of credits I earn from a single game :D

Destroyer's fun fr my level t5. Loved smokescreen

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,025 battles

repair bill for my north Carolina and iubki, end up playing some tier 5-6 matches to recoup my loses