You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Retia

General WoWS Discussion

327 comments in this topic

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Greetings fellow tan-...kers... uh... captains!

Let's start the first user made thread with just a general thread to discuss... whatever, since there is no Offtopic area yet. :P

Which ship class will be your starting choice?

Personally I'll start with several as once with the focus on either DDs or BBs.

DDs will prolly be best to troll around with it's speed and maneuverability... and torpedoes...

Anyway Panz-... Kriegsschiff, vor!

Some pictures:

Nagato_1.jpg
PENSAKOLA.jpg
Wo_WS_00031.jpg
Wo_WS_0032.jpg
Wo_WS_005.jpg
Wo_WS_des_moines_1.jpg
Wo_WS_essex.jpg
Wo_WS_Independence_2.jpg
Wo_WS_kagero_3.jpg
Wo_WS_0017.jpg

Edited by Retia

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Well, guess it's working now, can't post any pics though, Imgur seems to be blocked? :sad:

3_Ctx_VRe.jpg

Edited by Retia

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

On the plus side we can say:

"I was here when the world was young, I have seen the beginning, the very start of life itself."

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Hmm... I think you all know what ship line will I go1st

Mighty Karlsland battleship? (Yeah I know, JP and US first :P)

On another note:

Using postimage works.

N020_GQk.jpg

Edited by Retia

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Im gonna focus on German battlecruisers first, probably stop with the WWII models though,

After that, will probably get into American and Japanese BB lines, unless something really interesting turns up.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Im gonna focus on German battlecruisers first, probably stop with the WWII models though,

After that, will probably get into American and Japanese BB lines, unless something really interesting turns up.

I don't think germans will make it into the game prior to mid obt.

Well, it depends on how fast the devs are, but adding a third nation usually takes a while.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

I don't think germans will make it into the game prior to mid obt.

Well, it depends on how fast the devs are, but adding a third nation usually takes a while.

Pity. Im going to apply for cbt when that gets released, will have to wait and see.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Pity. Im going to apply for cbt when that gets released, will have to wait and see.

Well, going by how long it has been since the Alpha of WoWS started I'll take a wild guess and say it's atleast another 6 months before early cbt.

Then add another 6 months for good measure and unforeseeable consequences (Technical issues, psychological issues, natural disasters, SerB)

Until I get any kind of invite I'll just do what I do best and spam thy forums~

1347803494481.gif

Post padding faster than my rifle can fire, Muharharhar (<- Evil German laugh for good measure)

Edited by Retia

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

The tendency to name ships after geography is kinda irritating. However, the Brits irritate me more because theyre so hit and miss. Classes (esp destroyers) are generally named in an alphabetic batch, so you get things like the "V" class of destroyers with the names like Valhalla, Valkyrie, Valorous and err... Vampire.

Seriously Admiralty? Vampire? Im sure there were plenty of better names beginning with V available. and thats not even the entire list of rather strange names for that class (over 20 laid down)

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Seriously Admiralty? Vampire? Im sure there were plenty of better names beginning with V available. and thats not even the entire list of rather strange names for that class (over 20 laid down)

Nevermind the typical inability of japanese artists to write foreign words correctly:

(Imgur works now)

hm9mW6d.png

Edited by Retia

Alpha Tester
10 posts
27 battles

guess the cruiser tech tree line will same like medium tank. Go through cruiser line, choose the light cruiser path, yeah I prefer mobility than armour. And quick rush grinding to Supaah Kitakami-sama /o/. The bad news is.... Rumour said the OP torpedo capacity that possessed by her should placed around tier viii or ix. :(

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

guess the cruiser tech tree line will same like medium tank. Go through cruiser line, choose the light cruiser path, yeah I prefer mobility than armour. And quick rush grinding to Supaah Kitakami-sama /o/. The bad news is.... Rumour said the OP torpedo capacity that possessed by her should placed around tier viii or ix. :(

Japanese light cruisers and destroyers~

From memory their overall design motto was something like: "ALL THE TORPEDOES!!!"

Super Tester
2,725 posts

For me I'll start as CV, BB, & CA.

I had this thinking for CV, you'll start as Seaplane Tender, wherein you launch your float planes at first...... and work your way up to CVL and to CV.

Well talk about the country's timeline of  growing naval force.

Edited by Mingfang47

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,645 battles

I had this thinking for CV, you'll start as Seaplane Tender, wherein you launch your float planes at first...... and work your way up to CVL and to CV.

here is a wiki link to WoWs tech tree (hasn't been updated since late 2013)

http://wiredstar.com...wiki/Ships.ashx

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,645 battles

Well, going by how long it has been since the Alpha of WoWS started I'll take a wild guess and say it's atleast another 6 months before early cbt.

Then add another 6 months for good measure and unforeseeable consequences (Technical issues, psychological issues, natural disasters, SerB)

Until I get any kind of invite I'll just do what I do best and spam thy forums~

1347803494481.gif

Post padding faster than my rifle can fire, Muharharhar (<- Evil German laugh for good measure)

I don't think alpha will run that long here as it has been going for a good 6mths on the other servers. i'll put the 'rumour' at later Oct finish, Nov CBT :ohmy:

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

So you'll be the Carves of the Seven Seas, hunting down your enemies from afar? :glasses:

Ryuujou and Jun'you

mZtGXoi.png

Zuikaku

w4aUNN1.jpg

Shoukaku

5hPhhVd.jpg

Shinano (With Yamato and Musashi)

Elm42WL.jpg

Muh objective is Haruharu.

That is all.

But all Kongou-classes look the same... how will you know it's her? :tongue:

Kongou and Haruna

GcxKsWI.jpg

I don't think alpha will run that long here as it has been going for a good 6mths on the other servers. i'll put the 'rumour' at later Oct finish, Nov CBT

I've already included the 6 months from the other servers in that estimate though.

I'd rather have Wargaming take it slow, we can clearly see what happens when you rush things in the current example War Thunder Ground Forces.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,645 battles

hmmm. that is a bit weird I start another thread on ex-NA wows forum goers and it didn't show up, yet I can still go to it?

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

hmmm. that is a bit weird I start another thread on ex-NA wows forum goers and it did show up, yet I can still go to it?

The forum seems to have some weird restrictions active at the moment.

New threads are automatically archived and then (I guess) re-opened by admins.