Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stud_M

Aircraft Carrier Issue

30 comments in this topic

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
16 posts
9,673 battles

I've noticed for a little while now that the ability of the Ryujo especially, that they are able to drop their torpedoes at very close range, something like 0.8km away from a target. This gives players with very limited AA guns little if no chance of avoiding them. I always thought that there was a minimum arming range for torpedoes but this sort of range is ridiculous.

Sure, Battleships, Cruisers have decent AA guns compared with a destroyer, but when you are attacked by 2-3 torpedo planes at once you will have little hope of avoiding them at such close range.

I hope that WG will consider adjusting the distance that torpedoes can be dropped, especially on Destroyers, if not Battleships & Cruisers also.

Beta Tester
39 posts
169 battles

Sure, Battleships, Cruisers have decent AA guns compared with a destroyer, but when you are attacked by 2-3 torpedo planes at once you will have little hope of avoiding them at such close range.

Don't see why DD caps keep complaining about this. The DD is more than manueverable enough to dodge torps if you turn towards them or away from them and cut/increase speed as needed. If you're not watching the skies when torp/dive bombers are in the area you're doing it wrong.

Beta Tester
33 posts
9,061 battles

Don't see why DD caps keep complaining about this. The DD is more than manueverable enough to dodge torps if you turn towards them or away from them and cut/increase speed as needed. If you're not watching the skies when torp/dive bombers are in the area you're doing it wrong.

Just want to point out that in Stud_M's post he never mentioned he was a DD captain, but did mention all ships. If you have 3 squadron's of torps that can get within 0.8kms, there is no way you can avoid hits at that short distance no matter how good your anti aircraft guns are. This has been changed, as before update planes had to be further back to engage torpedos. 

Beta Tester
33 posts
9,061 battles

Another mistaken player on the arming distance of aerial torpedoes.

No, he is not mistaken. I have had them drop torps on my ships at 0.8kms.  ( Do not mistake this for torpedo bombers which can drop on top of a ship). 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

No, he is not mistaken. I have had them drop torps on my ships at 0.8kms.  ( Do not mistake this for torpedo bombers which can drop on top of a ship). 

Hence, if everybody can dodge the TB or at least unable to be killed by them, no one play CV

Beta Tester
8 posts
1,286 battles

The aerial torpedo was armed once it hit the water, so it was really just a matter of how close could they get without the AA shooting them down.

Beta Tester
8 posts
9,050 battles

There's far too many damn torps flying about in the game anyway!! ( yeah it supposedly stops the game stagnating into long distance static bombardments ect ect ect ....realistic naval warfare )  but the ranges quoted are ridiculous ....cruisers spamming torps, Destroyer spamming torps and Carriers sending out waves of torp deploying aircraft at insane arming ranges ..... introduce torp spamming submarines and be done with it...rename the game World of Torpedoes .....there's a few times I feel you could stroll between the islands walking on a sea full of torps and you'd not get your feet wet. :P

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The aerial torpedo was armed once it hit the water, so it was really just a matter of how close could they get without the AA shooting them down.

The torpedo armed for about 300 meter (or is it 400 meter?)

But before armed, you won't able to see the RED triangle of these torpedoes, same goes with other torpedoes from the ship

So if you set your graphic into low or even worse

You won't able to see the trail clearly

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

one of those guys who see only the torp drop before he reacts. you can see planes from far distance and if you see them near your AA range then you better start doing evasive maneuvers, keep dodging and let your AA shut down many planes as they can until they are less plane to drop torpedo making it easier to dodge them. WG already neft carrier hard on this game so stop complaining and learn how to dodge torpedo.

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
16 posts
9,673 battles

one of those guys who see only the torp drop before he reacts. you can see planes from far distance and if you see them near your AA range then you better start doing evasive maneuvers, keep dodging and let your AA shut down many planes as they can until they are less plane to drop torpedo making it easier to dodge them. WG already neft carrier hard on this game so stop complaining and learn how to dodge torpedo.

When CV captains send their torpedo planes on auto the planes will just follow you until they can effectively launch their torpedoes. It doesn't matter how much you dodge/evade the planes carrying torpedoes with very limited AA guns on DD's you have very little time to react. I notice from your profile that you have had very limited DD gameplay so perhaps you are not really in a position to comment with any authority on this subject.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

674 destroyer game and i got tier 9 usn DD and tier 8 IJN DD "very limited"  wow. if its auto the its even more predictable. just cutting some speed will significantly reduce their accuracy and there's engine module too that -20% time to reach full speed that will really help dodging torpedo. if you're still get hit by plane base torpedo  then the problem is within you and not the carrier balance.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

FOR BB PLAYER:

Please Learn to not Avoid to Get Hit By Anything!!

Dodging is fine, but Complaining about get hit after Dodging is quite unreasonable

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

funny because on one my game on colorado a Ryujou tried to attack me when he saw me alone (because colorado is too slow i'm way far behind the formation) and she only manage to hit 1 torp on me then he didn't come back for a long time, the next time he come back when i was at really low hp because of a bb's that pound my ship and all of the plane are shot down before they even manage to drop a single torp so yeah CV are still OP.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

funny because on one my game on colorado a Ryujou tried to attack me when he saw me alone (because colorado is too slow i'm way far behind the formation) and she only manage to hit 1 torp on me then he didn't come back for a long time, the next time he come back when i was at really low hp because of a bb's that pound my ship and all of the plane are shot down before they even manage to drop a single torp so yeah CV are still OP.

Snicker, yeah such OP.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

"OP", Only Have Two Letter

AND YET SO POWERFUL

[1NATN]
Beta Tester
16 posts
9,673 battles

The subject line of this topic appears to have now been disregarded by a few players who are making posts that have nothing to do with the initial subject ... If you have nothing further to add on the topic then don't bother posting at all.

Edited by Stud_M

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

the OP Isn't nice... well...

The Torpedo Bomber are too easy to use so instead of making it Harder (to use) they nerf it very badly instead (and in the recent patch, they make it harder but no buffing it)

The Dive Bomber are easy to use as well but too many RNG involved and its firepower is weak and unreliable (they use HE bomb after all)

The Fighter are... well RNG based as well... since you could fight the same Fighter but lose up to 2 planes instantly while engaging and the Enemy still in a piece, same goes with Ship's AAW

The IJN TB spread is so wide that even a Kongou could slip trough with some luck

The USN TB have much better Spread but Only limited to 1 squadron up to Lexington (it takes 6-10 minutes to sink a lone battleship with it), and only 2 available in Essex (and probably Midway too) as ALL-Bomber loadout (Which very disadvantaging against enemy USN CV with Fighter loadout)

The Essex fighter loadout (probably Midway too) very very very unrewarding when there is no Enemy CV in a battle (even stock looks better with a TB squadron)

An IJN Fighter Must spend most (if not all) of its ammo for taking down a USN Bomber in the same tier

USN Fighter can't outrun IJN Fighter as it is much faster, but have more ammo

USN Squadron are Slower to Rearm due the number of planes per squad, The IJN have it faster

BB player complain not about CV being so powerful, but is about they got killed instantly in a single Run (and now they complain about they can't dodge its attack despite being able to Survive the attack)

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,936 battles

Its not the torpedo s its the damn Kamikaze attacks that are hard to avoid, in a number of games now i have had enemy fighters crash down on you in waves , especially when you are close to the red carrier. Has anyone else had this or is this this an old tactic from carrier captains?, 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Its not the torpedo s its the damn Kamikaze attacks that are hard to avoid, in a number of games now i have had enemy fighters crash down on you in waves , especially when you are close to the red carrier. Has anyone else had this or is this this an old tactic from carrier captains?, 

...what game are you playing?

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Eh? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

Planes in WoWs can't do kamikaze attacks, good try though.

Sign in to follow this