Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Brizone

My Suggestions for WoWS

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
7 posts

Hello fellow sailors! this is my first time posting on the WoWS forum :hiding:

OK I've been anticipating this game ever since.. well beyond 2010, where i first played an online, 2D, top-down-view warship game *cough*.

This game has almost all the feature that game didn't has. Most notably the MUCH improved graphics and of course, 3D.

However, this game still left many things which could make it the best warship MMO game ever (obviously since it's still closed beta). And no, I'm not talking about removing health bars.

Here comes my suggestions for WoWS, do note that some of the suggestions might have already be mentioned by someone, in that case i beg for forgiveness :hiding:

DYNAMIC WEATHER (OR JUST WEATHER :\)

Rain, Thunderstorms, Lightnings, Fogs, and especially Stormy Seas, all adds to more authentic naval battle experience. There's nothing more satisfying than watching your warship shakes, facing incoming violent wakes as it engages incoming hostile ships. Changing weather is also a nice thing to have, but most low-end computers probably won't be able to take it..

Too many people are against this idea :(. I think it won't affect FPS that much, as most recent PCs or even notebooks can handle it pretty well at medium graphics, and as for connection, a 512 kbps wired connection, or a 4G WiFi which is pretty common nowadays could probably take it. But let's scratch that off for now until devs could configure a better coding..

CONTROLS FOR SCOUTS

Scouts are meant for one thing, to scout enemy formations or spot incoming airplanes. Now we all get grade F clueless scouts with a weird hobby to circle around your ships randomly and not listening to captain's orders. Please enable controls for our scouts.

NIGHT-TIME BATTLES

Some engagements back in WW2 do occurs in nighttime. Take example of night raids done by the Luftwaffe, or even better, the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor was prepared in the night, and launched in the early morning. On nighttime battles, ships and airplanes have reduced visibility to make attacks have surprises on its factor, and to make engagements more challenging.

HYBRID SHIPS

Hybrid ships, such as Ooyodo CV, Ise CV, Seydlitz CV, Furious CV, are [prototype] ships with both big guns and attack planes. Seems overpowered? They requires a lot of multi-tasking only a handful of people are able to perform, cause even though they have bombers, they are in limited quantity, and they also have reduced number of main batteries which only could do full broadside at odd angles. These ships adds dynamism to the game and are a nice thing to have.

ADD SUBMARINES TO THE GAME

Many people immediately scratch this idea. Submarines might not be as OP as you might think. We already have destroyers which is capable of sonar detection and launching depth chargers, so submarine role is pretty much limited for the sinking of enemy flagships and carriers. And even then I'm not so sure if they could carry out that role :\

Played Silent Hunter games several years back and noticed subs were intended for independent operations..

SHIP CUSTOMIZATION

This is a nice feature to have and should be implemented, some ships back in WW2 have had the same hull, but different armament and armor configuration for different purposes (For example, Yamato in her early 1941 configuration and late 1945 configuration with decreased secondary battery and increased AA firepower). Some destroyers back then have had their main armament replaced with hedgehogs ASW for engaging subs.

HIDE HEALTH BARS FROM ENEMIES

And replace them with visual, observable damage. The reason being, to add realism *cough* to the game and to reduce the "kill-steal" or "aiming for the final hit" phenomenon (also quite possibly teh prevention of getting graped :)) that occurs almost every time especially with those pesky rapid-fire cruisers on my BB (and any other ships for that matter).

ABILITY TO NAME OUR SHIPS

Adds a sense of ownership to our... ships. A-anyway, also a nice thing to have!

ADD THE AMOUNT OF REWARDS AFTER BATTLE

This game has a lot, lot longer battle duration compared to World of Tanks or World of Warplanes. And on some of those battles we simply almost didn't do anything due to either bad luck, bad route planning (especially BBs), bad team coordination etc etc. Increasing rewards after battle a bit will certainly bring tears of joy especially to some of us who just didn't have that much free time (college boys unite!).

INCREASE "STANDARD BATTLE" DURATION

Let's just be honest here. All of our draws are the result of the shooort duration for standard battle in random battles. That 15 minutes is just not enough considering the size of the map and the sluggishness of our ships. We all know destroyers can take points and capture bases easily with its speed, maneuverability, and of course the dreaded smoke screen. We also know that they don't last that long :hiding: well, at least most of them anyways. Increasing the battle duration to 20 minutes wouldn't hurt, when it works in tandem with the reward increase.

The team needs to increase the aggro it seems..

REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF ISLANDS ON SOME MAPS

As a BB user, i feel the island on some maps is just overwhelming (damn you Islands of Ice T.,T), it hinders the movement of the ultra-sluggish BBs (even with the rudder upgrade it's still not helping). some islands are also too tall, that the cruisers become OP and could sneak on you and fire a massive, rapid-fire broadside which guarantees you'll get burned to death, unless, by some kind of divine intervention, you could land a citadel hit and detonate them.

INCREASE MUZZLE VELOCITY A BIT

Especially on large-caliber guns capable of travelling over 18 km. Seriously I've almost never hit anything beyond that (the furthest hit I've scored is a single, 19.28 km hit on a BB IIRC). The ships movement are just too unpredictable, and nobody keeps travelling on a straight line. I know large guns were never meant to engage destroyers that far, but we should be able to hit, or land close hits on cruisers and battleships. I mean, WW2 ship battles were performed mostly at 18+ km range (see Battle of Denmark Strait) so increasing the muzzle velocity a bit won't break the game, right?

I'm not an Alpha player so i didn't know shells would take 30 seconds to travel 10 km... dayum.

IMPROVE MATCHMAKING

This. Almost every game I've lost is due to the enemy team have more CVs or BBs, or more powerful CAs than ours. This could be fixed by just classifying the ships of the same type and tier (no matter what nation), or at least close to it. I know we're still short on players for it to be balanced, but at least that small amount of players can have a good time :).

I'm sure the devs would work this around in the future :\

DISABLE TROLL DIVISIONS

A tier 10 Yamato pairs up with a tier 1 Katori. Makes sense? These kind of divisions shouldn't be able to join any game..

NERF TORPEDO BOMBERS

And buff dive bombers a bit. Seriously, a fire initiated by dive bombers could be put out rather easily by a repair team (even more so when your commander is skilled enough) and that is, IF they managed to hit (I've been in games where my CL is dive bombed with all bombs fell into the ocean, and i didn't even move!), whereas torpedo bombers "bombs" always hurts freaking bad, no matter your commander skill or your repair team readiness, and no matter how tough your ships are.

UNIQUE SHIPYARD FOR EACH NATION

Not exactly my original idea, but a nice thing to have. No need to be overly detailed, just a simple shipyard for each nation will do (US Navy in Pearl Harbor, Kriegsmarine in Hamburg, IJN in Kure, for example).

DISABLE AIM-ASSIST MODS

Yeah, I've seen this mods online. Really ruins the point of maneuvering. Why not disable the mods for the targetting altogether? And limit the mods to ship skins and scopes only?

Didn't know it was disabled three patches ago, thx Syanda.

FIX COLORADO

This specific ship is broken alright. Weaker armor and Lower combat capability than New Mexico, Guns which have bad spread coupled with its small numbers, quite the large silhouette, can't even stand on equal ground with Nagato. Hell, I've lost a broadside duel with a Kongo (yes, she landed TWO CITADEL HITS and destroyed one of my turret), but the thing i fear the most, is Cleveland, with its fire-making capability on my deck. Either move this thing down a tier, or have her combat capability buffed.. whatever, just don't leave her to rot :(.

DON'T SPLIT SHIPS IN DIVISIONS TOO FAR OUT (added)

It happens many times, me and my division mate gets split up by the stupid matchmaker, and not just by bit, on Encounter Battles we literally being split across the damned map, and even on Standard Battles or Domination we often gets split up almost every. friggin'. time.

HISTORICAL BATTLES (thanks Windforce!)

Yes this is also a very nice thing to have. The invasion of Iwo Jima, Denmark Strait, Guadalcanal, etc. were some of the greatest naval battles in history and we don't mind having them :great:.

Please feel free to add constructive criticism, or even add your own suggestions! Let's improve this game :great:

Edited by Brizone

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Rain, Thunderstorms, Lightnings, Fogs, and especially Stormy Seas, all adds to more authentic naval battle experience. There's nothing more satisfying than watching your warship shakes, facing incoming violent wakes as it engages incoming hostile ships. Changing weather is also a nice thing to have, but most low-end computers probably won't be able to take it..

This kills the PC. I'm fine with rain and squalls and fog. But storms? No way. Storms on the high seas is not a good time for battle at all.

NIGHT-TIME BATTLES

Some engagements back in WW2 do occurs in nighttime. Take example of night raids done by the Luftwaffe, or even better, the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor was prepared in the night, and launched in the early morning. On nighttime battles, ships and airplanes have reduced visibility to make attacks have surprises on its factor, and to make engagements more challenging.

We don't have the luftwaffe in-game, and Pearl Harbor was a morning raid. If you wanted an example, should've used Guadalcanal.

HYBRID SHIPS

Hybrid ships, such as Ooyodo CV, Ise CV, Seydlitz CV, Furious CV, are [prototype] ships with both big guns and attack planes. Seems overpowered? They requires a lot of multi-tasking only a handful of people are able to perform, cause even though they have bombers, they are in limited quantity, and they also have reduced number of main batteries which only could do full broadside at odd angles. These ships adds dynamism to the game and are a nice thing to have.

Ise-class, and Ooyodo were not CVs. Ooyodo in particular had a pretty crappy floatplane prototype that didn't work all to well.

Many people immediately scratch this idea. Submarines might not be as OP as you might think. We already have destroyers which is capable of sonar detection and launching depth chargers, so submarine role is pretty much limited for the sinking of enemy flagships and carriers. And even then I'm not so sure if they could carry out that role :\

A thousand times no.

Let's just be honest here. All of our draws are the result of the shooort duration for standard battle in random battles. That 15 minutes is just not enough considering the size of the map and the sluggishness of our ships. We all know destroyers can take points and capture bases easily with its speed, maneuverability, and of course the dreaded smoke screen. We also know that they don't last that long :)) well, at least most of them anyways. Increasing the battle duration to 20 minutes wouldn't hurt, when it works in tandem with the reward increase.

The current time limit is 20 minutes. And 20 minutes is long enough for most battles - they usually end by the 14 or 15 minute mark. If it goes on to the full 20 minutes and ends up in a draw, both teams deserve it for screwing up somewhere earlier.

Especially on large-caliber guns capable of travelling over 18 km. Seriously I've almost never hit anything beyond that (the furthest hit I've scored is a single, 19.28 km hit on a BB IIRC). The ships movement are just too unpredictable, and nobody keeps travelling on a straight line. I know large guns were never meant to engage destroyers that far, but we should be able to hit, or land close hits on cruisers and battleships. I mean, WW2 ship battles were performed mostly at 18+ km range (see Battle of Denmark Strait) so increasing the muzzle velocity a bit won't break the game, right?

Distances are massaged and vastly contracted in-game for balance and gameplay reasons. See the dotted white circle on the minimap? That's your maximum range. You can't blame most players for not wanting to travel in a straight line (and take your fire). Get some practice in.

DISABLE AIM-ASSIST MODS

Yeah, I've seen this mods online. Really ruins the point of maneuvering. Why not disable the mods for the cross-hair altogether? And limit the mods to ship skins and scopes only?

Aim assist mods were broken, what, 3 updates ago. There currently aren't any out there that work.

Edited by Syanda

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

The biggest problem with night battles would be DD being OP night would improve their ability to close on BBs and drop a load of torpedoes which would also have a different visual detection range at night.

Beta Tester
7 posts

This kills the PC. I'm fine with rain and squalls and fog. But storms? No way. Storms on the high seas is not a good time for battle at all.

Storms could work, hell, I could get it to run on BSP with both full storms, rains, and sea wake effects, on medium-high graphic. And my computer (which is a laptop) is a 2010 ASUS with old tech procie and graphics card.

Ise-class, and Ooyodo were not CVs. Ooyodo in particular had a pretty crappy floatplane prototype that didn't work all to well.

And it's still quite a nice addition to the ship arsenal. Mitsubishi made seaplane version of Zeke fully capable of engaging fighters (with twin 20 mm's and twin 7.7 mm's) with only a bit less agility compared to the normal Zeke. Also the M6A Seiran.

I guess you're right, subs travels so slow in water that they only good for engaging merchants and supply ships. But some subs are capable of sinking flagships (see Taiho and Shimano, and HMS Barham). They might perform on occasions.. :P

The current time limit is 20 minutes. And 20 minutes is long enough for most battles - they usually end by the 14 or 15 minute mark. If it goes on to the full 20 minutes and ends up in a draw, both teams deserve it for screwing up somewhere earlier.

Even though you might think it's both team's fault for screwing up. Some occasions is just purely the game's fault (bad matchmaking, bad ship placement by matchmaker, map so full of islands, etc.). And at the end of that 20 mins (?) mostly either ours or enemy's team is VERY close to victory, by either almost capping the base or almost sinking the last ship. The cost for a draw is that we only get roughly HALF the exp compared to winning. which is a bummer..

Distances are massaged and vastly contracted in-game for balance and gameplay reasons. See the dotted white circle on the minimap? That's your maximum range. You can't blame most players for not wanting to travel in a straight line (and take your fire). Get some practice in.

Of course we need experience to score a hit on enemy ships at long range, I'll agree on that, but some things are downright [almost] impossible to perform. If you think a Yamato user should get close to the enemy front line just to score a hit, while risking being spotted (with the horrendous silhouette) and being graped and bombed to death, then they better be stopping at tier 8 where everything still makes sense. :(

The biggest problem with night battles would be DD being OP night would improve their ability to close on BBs and drop a load of torpedoes which would also have a different visual detection range at night.

Well, then add the ability for scouts to deploy a "flare" bomb capable of lighting up an area, or just nerf the visual range of the DD themselves. Either way, it's workaround-able.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

And it's still quite a nice addition to the ship arsenal. Mitsubishi made seaplane version of Zeke fully capable of engaging fighters (with twin 20 mm's and twin 7.7 mm's) with only a bit less agility compared to the normal Zeke. Also the M6A Seiran

Seiran, maybe, as a torpedo bomber. Won't carry a big enough bomb as a dive bomber. And the floatplane A6M is the Rufe, and it sucked hard.

Even though you might think it's both team's fault for screwing up. Some occasions is just purely the game's fault (bad matchmaking, bad ship placement by matchmaker, map so full of islands, etc.). And at the end of that 20 mins (?) mostly either ours or enemy's team is VERY close to victory, by either almost capping the base or almost sinking the last ship. The cost for a draw is that we only get roughly HALF the exp compared to winning. which is a bummer.

I disagree. Draws are, quite frankly, usually always caused by poor decision making, either moving off a capture point to chase an actively maneuvering and fleeing ship, or both teams being too timid to advance under fire and fight decisive actions. 

Of course we need experience to score a hit on enemy ships at long range, I'll agree on that, but some things are downright [almost] impossible to perform. If you think a Yamato user should get close to the enemy front line just to score a hit, while risking being spotted (with the horrendous silhouette) and being graped and bombed to death, then they better be stopping at tier 8 where everything still makes sense. 

Battleships in this game are perfectly capable of shelling and hitting other battleships and cruisers at upwards of 15km range, easily. Destroyers are another matter - it's hellishly difficult to hit one at range, but when they're hit, they'll know they've been kissed. And as for the Yamato comment, a lot of games post-patch I've fought with Yamatos present have shown that they're deadliest at medium range - close enough where they can easily land citadel hits and their secondary batteries can absolutely wreck havoc against even other battleships. As for spotting? The moment a battleship open fires, at any range, it lights itself up to practically everything on the map.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I guess you're right, subs travels so slow in water that they only good for engaging merchants and supply ships. But some subs are capable of sinking flagships (see Taiho and Shimano, and HMS Barham). They might perform on occasions.. :P

There are numerous sub kills in WWII of capital ships (or in some cases so badly hit they have to be scuttled), most notable is by I-19 which sunk Wasp, a BB and DD with a single (lucky) salvo. The problem with having sub in a  A vs B game like WoWS is that sub by nature usually operated independently from the fleet, though they do sometimes work together with one or two other subs to co-ordinate attacks.

Another problem would be that the only ship able to detect and sink a sub would be DDs and CLs and if there is neither left on the enemy team, then the sub would free frag the rest of the enemy team without being detected.

Edited by Windforce

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

There are numerous sub kills in WWII of capital ships (or in some cases so badly hit they have to be scuttled), most notable is by I-19 which sunk Wasp, a BB and DD with a single (lucky) salvo. The problem with having sub in a  A vs B game like WoWS is that sub by nature usually operated independently from the fleet, though they do sometimes work together with one or two other subs to co-ordinate attacks.

Another problem would be that the only ship able to detect and sink a sub would be DDs and CLs and if there is neither left on the enemy team, then the sub would free frag the rest of the enemy team without being detected.

Kongou got fragged by a sub, too.

The big problem is that subs rely on night actions and ambush, coupled with terrible damage control in order to actually get stuff done. The whole depth charge thing? That's to kill subs that are fleeing or actively evading. WWII subs still had to surface to attack depth to fire their torpedoes, a depth that rendered them vulnerable to gunfire when spotted, and with the prevalence of planes and seaplane scouts in the game, any sub is hard pressed to actually be able to launch an attack against an actively maneuvering target capable of defending themselves. 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Hello fellow sailors! this is my first time posting on the WoWS forum :hiding:

OK I've been anticipating this game ever since.. well beyond 2010, where i first played an online, 2D, top-down-view warship game *cough*.

This game has almost all the feature that game didn't has. Most notably the MUCH improved graphics and of course, 3D.

However, this game still left many things which could make it the best warship MMO game ever (obviously since it's still closed beta). And no, I'm not talking about removing health bars.

Here comes my suggestions for WoWS, do note that some of the suggestions might have already be mentioned by someone, in that case i beg for forgiveness :hiding:

CONTROLS FOR SCOUTS

Scouts are meant for one thing, to scout enemy formations or spot incoming airplanes. Now we all get grade F clueless scouts with a weird hobby to circle around your ships randomly and not listening to captain's orders. Please enable controls for our scouts.

HYBRID SHIPS

SHIP CUSTOMIZATION

This is a nice feature to have and should be implemented, some ships back in WW2 have had the same hull, but different armament and armor configuration for different purposes (For example, Yamato in her early 1941 configuration and late 1945 configuration with decreased secondary battery and increased AA firepower). Some destroyers back then have had their main armament replaced with hedgehogs ASW for engaging subs.

Adds a sense of ownership to our... ships. A-anyway, also a nice thing to have!

As a BB user, i feel the island on some maps is just overwhelming (damn you Islands of Ice T.,T), it hinders the movement of the ultra-sluggish BBs (even with the rudder upgrade it's still not helping). some islands are also too tall, that the cruisers become OP and could sneak on you and fire a massive, rapid-fire broadside which guarantees you'll get burned to death, unless, by some kind of divine intervention, you could land a citadel hit and detonate them.

Not exactly my original idea, but a nice thing to have. No need to be overly detailed, just a simple shipyard for each nation will do (US Navy in Pearl Harbor, Kriegsmarine in Hamburg, IJN in Kure, for example).

You know, The Storm could eat up to 50% of the FPS and could lead to FPS drop Complain

CONTROLS FOR SCOUTS

We already suggest this somewhere

HYBRID SHIPS

Ooyodo was CLV (Aviation Light Cruiser),  Ise Was BBV (Aviation Battleship), Seydlitz was intended to be Heavy Cruiser (Let me guess..... you found it in Navy field as aircraft carrier) until the loss of Bismarck and they Planning to convert it to Light Aircraft Carrier "Weser", and Furious was not PROTOTYPE ship, she converted to an aircraft carrier with a continuous flight deck between June 1921 and September 1925, Except we will see Her as Premium Light Battle Cruiser with her 2 x 18 inch guns

And i dont know why you call the Latter two as Hybrid ship

SHIP CUSTOMIZATION

Didn't we already have this, Except you suggesting for more and flexible Customization? (Yeah, Yamato supposedly to have 2 Hull Configuration)

This is Navy Field thing, But worry not, we already suggest this somewhere

Cruiser OP? Between Island???? Seriously????????

This is Navy Field Thing, highly recommended

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

A good suggestion, but did you consider the strain it will put onto the user's hardware and connection? People do experience major desyncs with the current build if they added in weather effects i can guess it would be worst.

View PostBrizone, on 15 June 2015 - 01:26 AM, said:

CONTROLS FOR SCOUTS

Control for scouts were taken out in the alpha stages as it was a too complicated mechanic for most people.

NIGHT-TIME BATTLES

Same as the weather effects would it strain the hardware and connection?

HYBRID SHIPS

Most people could not handle the CV multi-tasking back in 3.0 and early 3.1 that they had to nerf it so the current click game, I could guess giving more stuff for any other ship type to do will be even worst.

Syanda already answered for this one.

Let's just be honest here. All of our draws are the result of the shooort duration for standard battle in random battles. That 15 minutes is just not enough considering the size of the map and the sluggishness of our ships. We all know destroyers can take points and capture bases easily with its speed, maneuverability, and of course the dreaded smoke screen. We also know that they don't last that long :)) well, at least most of them anyways. Increasing the battle duration to 20 minutes wouldn't hurt, when it works in tandem with the reward increase.

The current timer is 20 minutes, with the new conquest game mode it's 16 minutes. Most people do not want to be in a 30 minute-1 hour match with battleships sitting back at the spawn points too scared to go engage any enemies as they love their precious ships.

This has already be increased tremendously from alpha to beta to the current ones, back in alpha shells take 30 seconds to travel 10km, in 3.0 it took 15 seconds, currently it takes 7-9 seconds. If with these conditions and you still can't get a bearing on the enemy you are trying to hit it's not the game's fault anything faster and you can kill a destroyer at 17-18km with the first salvo.

IMPROVE MATCHMAKING

This. Almost every game I've lost is due to the enemy team have more CVs or BBs, or more powerful CAs than ours. This could be fixed by just classifying the ships of the same type and tier (no matter what nation), or at least close to it. I know we're still short on players for it to be balanced, but at least that small amount of players can have a good time

You do know that we are still currently in closed beta right? Also it has been said multiple times on the forums and the in-game question chat channel that the match maker limitations on Tiers have been removed to aquire as many game played as possible.

NERF TORPEDO BOMBERS

And buff dive bombers a bit. Seriously, a fire initiated by dive bombers could be put out rather easily by a repair team (even more so when your commander is skilled enough) and that is, IF they managed to hit (I've been in games where my CL is dive bombed with all bombs fell into the ocean, and i didn't even move!), whereas torpedo bombers "bombs" always hurts freaking bad, no matter your commander skill or your repair team readiness, and no matter how tough your ships are.

Even getting hit by a torpedo bomber in a battleship or cruiser after the recent patch is joke on you, as for dive bombers heh you just have not seen the nightmare of those yet.

Well that's it from me for now, and as usual get more games under your belt. Try all ships and ship types, before you can get a bearing on their game mechanics and call for buffs and nerfs. Otherwise you will look like a fool everytime you start a topic on game mechanics / stats.

Beta Tester
1 post
480 battles

I agree with most of the above mentioned ideas, I am only new to this game ( a few days ) but did once play the old 2D warship game many years ago,

My main issue is I believe Torps are way too overpowered ,both from torp bombers and DD's and they don't have a fail rate % , not all torps where 100% detonate on impact, and also im sure if you asked any destroyer crew member from the wars if they where on patrol and came across a Battleship or any capitol Battle ship they would be "packing it" , the thought of taking one on would be considered a suicide mission ,not charge and dump 20 torps at it then move on to the next victim, there seams to be a sense of no fear of battleships they are just extra credits , easy targets especially for the CV's that send out wave after wave of bombers

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I agree with most of the above mentioned ideas, I am only new to this game ( a few days ) but did once play the old 2D warship game many years ago,

My main issue is I believe Torps are way too overpowered ,both from torp bombers and DD's and they don't have a fail rate % , not all torps where 100% detonate on impact, and also im sure if you asked any destroyer crew member from the wars if they where on patrol and came across a Battleship or any capitol Battle ship they would be "packing it" , the thought of taking one on would be considered a suicide mission ,not charge and dump 20 torps at it then move on to the next victim, there seams to be a sense of no fear of battleships they are just extra credits , easy targets especially for the CV's that send out wave after wave of bombers

Should I tell you, that Battleship in this game are made to be killed by torpedoes

Sense of fear towards battleship is quite a hilarious joke for me

IRL American Torpedoes are sucks that not every torpedoes are works, but for Japanese... you better read some books and Internet articles again

And mind you, Capitol ship are made to be escorted, even the strongest one...

and this is not Navy Field

Edited by Harpoon01

1,230 posts
2,351 battles

Should I tell you, that Battleship in this game are made to be killed by torpedoes

Sense of fear towards battleship is quite a hilarious joke for me

IRL American Torpedoes are sucks that not every torpedoes are works, but for Japanese... you better read some books and Internet articles again

And mind you, Capitol ship are made to be escorted, even the strongest one...

and this is not Navy Field

Hell, if you want them torps nerfed,no one play DD. BB's will be so soo op

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Hell, if you want them torps nerfed,no one play DD. BB's will be so soo op

You shoudl quoting him, not me ('~';)

Alpha Tester
76 posts

speak of Navyfield the  NF Dive bomber is much much more terrifying than Torpedo bomber they can even sink the huge capital ship in 1 salvo  and it's really hard to find A good AA player (I rather fire AA myself with a 360 degree long range AA from Yamato and SY :P) and if you want to find how hard the submarine broke the  entire game balance you should tried Navyfield

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Torps are nowhere as powerful in-game as they were IRL. Sure, they have a 100% detonation rate, but ships can practically shrug off the effects of torpedo hits unless it causes them to lose all their hp.

As for destroyers not going up against battleships in reality, the entire reason DDs pack torpedoes is for use against capital ships. In-game, it requires some bad decision-making on the BB's part to be hit by torpedoes, given how far out they can be detected.

Edited by Syanda

Sign in to follow this