Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
amade

Mods causing players to not realize they're in Conquest mode

14 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

It just occurred to me that due to a mod causing an issue where Conquest mode is not displayed correctly, many players in fact do not realize that they're playing in Conquest mode. Because of this, it's quite likely a large number of Conquest battles are being spoiled because people are not playing the mode correctly as they think they're in standard mode instead.

So far I've confirmed that the training room mod causes this issue. I've no idea if any other mods cause it as well. Removing the mod will fix this issue (or use an updated mod if it exists).

If you get into a Conquest battle, please type a reminder in chat to your fellow players in case they are not aware of this issue, it may help avoid frustration from seeing your team mates playing the mode incorrectly.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

...honestly, is there going to be a difference in how players play in conquest vs standard battles? :v

Sounds the same in domination mode. 

"Guys we need to cap to win"

*Team goes off to camp behind islands*

*Team loses*

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

...honestly, is there going to be a difference in how players play in conquest vs standard battles? :v

It might not help those who are persistently oblivious to the game's objectives, but it would help those who do try to win to realize what mode they're in.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles
i never experience draw on this game mode before, simply by sending one ship enemy cap will stop from getting score which in most cases enough to secure victory. this game mode rewards aggresive players and i like it more than standard battle
Edited by yansuki

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

I imagine that something like this has the ability to seriously screw around with the data collected for the game development.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

i never experience draw on this game mode before, simply by sending one ship enemy cap will stop from getting score which in most cases enough to secure victory. this game mode rewards aggresive players and i like it more than standard battle

Domination and Conquest mode don't have draws. As long as one team has more points than the other there will be a winner even if the timer somehow runs out.

I suppose if the last ship on each team managed to kill off each other at the same time and both teams end up having exactly the same amount of points it's technically possible to draw.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Domination and Conquest mode don't have draws. As long as one team has more points than the other there will be a winner even if the timer somehow runs out.

I suppose if the last ship on each team managed to kill off each other at the same time and both teams end up having exactly the same amount of points it's technically possible to draw.

Had a game of conquest at fault line yesterday. My team was losing hard and had only 1 DD left alive, both teams had their own cap zones so both teams reached 1k points at the same time. But for some reason it showed a victory screen when the game ended.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Had a game of conquest at fault line yesterday. My team was losing hard and had only 1 DD left alive, both teams had their own cap zones so both teams reached 1k points at the same time. But for some reason it showed a victory screen when the game ended.

Interesting. Though that might not be working as intended, so I suggest posting a bug report on it.

Also interesting is not a single person bothered to interrupt the points. Sounds like many people are indeed unaware of the objective.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Didn't manage to get a screen cap on it, been trying to replicate it though.

You can replicate it in the training room, however you have to get into the training room without using the mod.

If you're interested, I'll PM you on how to do it.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

You can replicate it in the training room, however you have to get into the training room without using the mod.

That would be a great help been trying to test a few things with matches.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

I do have the training room, but it was modded in. Pretty irritating to not see the bar.

Sign in to follow this