Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Camo/Ecconomic/Combat flag changes on PT

22 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
6,472 posts
37,999 battles

I had a look.

Seems easy enough to understand.

[HIT]
793 posts
6,244 battles

Not if you read the NA and EU forums it isn't...

• Funny 1

[H20]
2,135 posts
7,765 battles
3 hours ago, Majmac said:

Ashkance has an extensive explanation on the NA Forum. He is a CM.

Their CMs are much better at engaging with the player base than those on ASIA forum.

PSA: The PTS is LIVE with the Econ-Camo Separation - General Game Discussion - World of Warships official forum

Asia CMs are basically non-existent unless people started fighting on the forums

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[SMOKE]
4,372 posts
24,372 battles

Well I try that last night , initially it's kind of confusing but browsing for a while and some trial and error it all come together alright .. equipment tab though becomes too busy now .. the signal part should just stay on exterior tab as part of it 

There is a few thing I had observed

- the new UI is IMHO much uglier than previous one , while simplifying the icon for flag , camou , upgrade , signals might be doing some good , the hue and color they had chosen are just awful to the eyes , they should tone down on the saturation and contrast

- ok now the 3% concealment is baked in or is it that each and every ship automatically got 3% detection distance buff , that mean co-op player now don't had to spend

- on the other hand the camou are purely cosmetic , but perma camou had not seen a price reduction to reflect the less being offered on hand , so ..

- and those expendable camou , the price remain and many are just plain expensive , hell WG should know people spend on them really not just for the cosmetic but now if all they can offer up is cosmetic , they really should not cost that much 

- going to see way more players play without any camou , especially fresh , newbies and grinding casual players , and let's be real some perma camou are not much of a beau either 

- am not sure if the +4% dispersion would be missed but well any bit helps if you are on the receiving end 

- am not sure +5% income Vs -10% cost really that equivalent at low / mid tier and at T8 it might even be a NERF for some

- T9 is a toss 

- T10 seems ok for the moment 

- the permanent bonus package kind of confusing , am not so sure how it would work out long term , especially the FXP / Commander XP package where previously one cannot get on a perma camou

- it's kind of difficult to look at the ship in port and figure it out if you had that right economy bonus package mounted , you had to open up the package tab and check , less intuitive than just taking a look at what signal are there hoisted

- no idea how the new container drop works , so I play a game , get through that 2000 1st  container mark and I choose more bonus package but I end up with a Super Container , how ironic ..

2 posts
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

- am not sure +5% income Vs -10% cost really that equivalent at low / mid tier and at T8 it might even be a NERF for some

- T9 is a toss 

- T10 seems ok for the moment 

- the permanent bonus package kind of confusing , am not so sure how it would work out long term , especially the FXP / Commander XP package where previously one cannot get on a perma camou

Yeah, especially in Coop if I earn 50k credit with techtree ship have perma camo, I may have a liitle or lost not too much credit but with that update I may loss a bump of money 

7,058 posts
11,684 battles
2 hours ago, Mechfori said:

the new UI is IMHO much uglier than previous one , while simplifying the icon for flag , camou , upgrade , signals might be doing some good , the hue and color they had chosen are just awful to the eyes , they should tone down on the saturation and contrast

Hard agree lmao. The old camo icons are simply better to look at.

and those expendable camou , the price remain and many are just plain expensive

Agree as well. 90k? WTF

the permanent bonus package kind of confusing , am not so sure how it would work out long term , especially the FXP / Commander XP package where previously one cannot get on a perma camou

AFAIK the perma bonuses (for INDIVIDUAL ship) add to the expendable ones (credit, BXP, CXP, FXP). The bonuses are additive for EACH category.

I think they said that BXP does not affect CXP and FXP anymore (probably means CXP and FXP are not calculated based on BXP), which is a hard WTH. Citation needed though.

[H20]
2,135 posts
7,765 battles
7 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

Agree as well. 90k? WTF

The price varies depending on the type

image.png.c3d35c4ac6fef802452f973096b3681a.pngimage.png.57c7688606cc72cb200b4a728ed79448.pngimage.png.b582e8a63c9e8e55f432cc8ecd345b61.png

Collab related/KOTS/Twitch/Steam camos etc. can't be purchased.

Edited by New_Jersey_prpr
  • Cool 2

7,058 posts
11,684 battles
47 minutes ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

The price varies depending on the type

90k is extortion. The most expensive credit camo right now is 22500. The truly expensive part of the camos, the economic bonuses, is separated, so that 90k price tag is extortion. No paint job right now should cost more than 22500.

Extortion.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 3

[SMOKE]
4,372 posts
24,372 battles

Do know we had previously those 7.5K type 1 and type 2  camou which gives , respectively -3% Detection & +4% dispersion on enemy fire , and 22.5K is only for type 5 ( and now both type 1 and type 2 ) which gives both , seriously when they ditch the old type 1 and type 2 they pretty much are already hiking the price and forcing player to buy something they do not need. This latest was even more so

I mean WG keep saying the change would bring no lost to the player but this camou price , both expendable and permanent are just the exact contrariety shown .. we pay 22.5K now for an expendable camou ( type 1,2 or 5 ) which not only gives cosmetic , but also that -3%/+4% combat bonus , now they are saying that same 22.5K and that same camou is visual option only ... well even the most casual consumer can tell its definitely not what WG promise , let's not try to reason those 8000 doubloon permanent camou on some high tier ships , even the plain jane regular T6 perma camou at 1000 doubloon is hard to justify at all

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
4,372 posts
24,372 battles
21 hours ago, Paladinum said:

I think they said that BXP does not affect CXP and FXP anymore (probably means CXP and FXP are not calculated based on BXP), which is a hard WTH. Citation needed though.

Yeah they had state that but then they also fail to come out clean about how the new mechanism going to calculate how much one earn  upon the FXP and Commander XP

Edited by Mechfori

7,058 posts
11,684 battles

Earned from a pretty damn good Narai ~800k (1,1 mil with Prem time) with a 320% more cred bonus.

My question is, can I merge bonuses of a lower tier into higher tier ones of the same resource? Like, 4 20% more Credit bonuses for 1 80% more Credit one?

Edited by Paladinum

[SMOKE]
4,372 posts
24,372 battles

No , for everyone of the four ( XP, CXP, FXP, Credit ) you can mount only a single expendable bonus package , choosing any will automatically demount an already mounted one , the only stacking one can put on is to stack them on top of the permanent binded bonus package

So forget about just speed through a grind or mission with as many economy signal hoisted as possible .. will no longer be possible 

1,241 posts
19,060 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Earned from a pretty damn good Narai ~800k (1,1 mil with Prem time) with a 320% more cred bonus.

My question is, can I merge bonuses of a lower tier into higher tier ones of the same resource? Like, 4 20% more Credit bonuses for 1 80% more Credit one?

Stalingrad - Economy Rework Mega-XP - YouTube

As Mechfori already said - only one consumable bonus of each type at a time. Watch flamu demonstrate what is possible using the best bonuses and a good game. Not even a monster game, just a good game. 

7,058 posts
11,684 battles
1 hour ago, Mechfori said:

No , for everyone of the four ( XP, CXP, FXP, Credit ) you can mount only a single expendable bonus package , choosing any will automatically demount an already mounted one , the only stacking one can put on is to stack them on top of the permanent binded bonus package

So forget about just speed through a grind or mission with as many economy signal hoisted as possible .. will no longer be possible 

Clarified in my comment, I asked if I can merge several of the same bonuses of the same resource. Like merging 4 20% credit bonuses into 1 80% credit bonus.

Several of a lower tier into one of a tier directly above it, of the same resource.

Edited by Paladinum

[HIT]
793 posts
6,244 battles
2 hours ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

Stalingrad - Economy Rework Mega-XP - YouTube

As Mechfori already said - only one consumable bonus of each type at a time. Watch flamu demonstrate what is possible using the best bonuses and a good game. Not even a monster game, just a good game. 

His reaction at the end was the funniest thing I have ever seen. Rewound and watched it several times     🤣🤣

Edited by Don72

[SMOKE]
4,372 posts
24,372 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Clarified in my comment, I asked if I can merge several of the same bonuses of the same resource. Like merging 4 20% credit bonuses into 1 80% credit bonus.

Several of a lower tier into one of a tier directly above it, of the same resource.

AFAIK , no , you cannot combine / convert between different packages 

7,058 posts
11,684 battles

Another question is what is gonna happen to Coal camos in the Arsenal? Economic bonuses for Coal should still be a thing, right?

7,058 posts
11,684 battles

That is a lot of money.

shot-22_06.26_12_57.51-0478.thumb.jpg.bfda5ae567212bee80a323d78599abd5.jpg

Now watch soupersheeps make 500k per battle after reducing service cost.

shot-22_06.26_13_49.09-0156.thumb.jpg.fb3a00813c09be0124d713a99f055748.jpg

Edited by Paladinum

[SMOKE]
4,372 posts
24,372 battles
On 6/26/2022 at 1:44 PM, Paladinum said:

Another question is what is gonna happen to Coal camos in the Arsenal? Economic bonuses for Coal should still be a thing, right?

well , considering what WG do to the expendable camou ( type 1, 2 & 5 ) you can expect those camou to stay and stay priced the same but now cosmetic apply that is what's being shown for the other expendable cmou and I do not see why there would be a difference here , the individual Economy Bonus Package might become separate and individual item to be offered ( just my WAG )

Edited by Mechfori

[SMOKE]
4,372 posts
24,372 battles

And speaking of that, there is a significant change to the " permanent " offerings , while the " regular " perma camou stay the same, same price, same restriction ( but now only cosmetic ) , the Perma-Bonus Package now on offer starting from T5/6 at 900 Dou ,  1900 Dou for T7,  2900 Dou for T8,  3800 Dou for T9,  and 4800 Dou for T10

Some ship had discount on their Perma Camou if its the first Perma Camou for that particular ship, am not sure if this is PTS only or if it will go into the game live

Edited by Mechfori
  • Thanks 1

[IMS]
2,537 posts
27,782 battles
On 6/24/2022 at 3:22 AM, Max_Battle said:

I had a look.

Seems easy enough to understand.

image.thumb.png.c4bfa1adb1583cfba887749d923a09ec.png

Sign in to follow this