Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Submarine Survey

13 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
6,479 posts
38,066 battles

I just got a "Please do a Survey" pop up in game.

Some of my responses...

s1.thumb.png.9d1d620e368a0005176edb1f8532bd86.png

s2.thumb.png.417164bfb8a436a1da8e6261c01797f5.png

s3.thumb.png.e80ebb59d6cdc3d65414eebbd250b5c5.png

s4.thumb.png.8bb135249cc23168b48e90aabf409354.png

Is it tho?

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
6,178 posts
22,066 battles

1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

Is it tho?

feedback.gif.a8e4008f42d99f420e77f1f93129a3f3.gif

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 5
  • Haha 1

7,062 posts
11,684 battles
33 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Is it tho?

Of course nyet, komrade.

• Cool 4

[CLAY]
4,152 posts
18,426 battles

Sigh. Was playing a game in Shimakaze last night.

Shimakaze, one of the, if not the stealthiest T10's in the game.

basically got blocked by a submarine spotting for a Forrest Sherman who proceeded to camp in smoke and shoot me.

My team mates basically hung back and provided no support... not that they really could.

A DD cannot fight a sub with allied support. A DD is almost as helpless fighting a sub as it is fighting a CV. Your ASW are too short range to do anything.

Sub are bad. They have no place in the gameplay. They have to be buffed to a state of extreme annoyance in order to even compete properly, which makes them unfun to play against.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 3

[NEMU]
[NEMU]
504 posts
2,016 battles

Unusually enough, this survey does not seem to terminate after the first question with a note in Russian as is typically the more customary thing to happen in my experience...

[LBAS]
Supertester
2,351 posts
2 hours ago, killer3crusier said:

i find subs fun and destroying them fun.

why-why-tho.gif

• Funny 2
  • Thanks 1

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,648 posts
14,758 battles
On 6/10/2022 at 10:37 PM, Max_Battle said:

Some of my responses... 

I've been pretty on the fence about subs for quite a while.  I played them a bit last year and didn't like the implementation much.  I tried them again a week or so ago to see how this iteration felt to play without much expectation, only to discover it is night and day different.  They've really nailed the battery mechanics in particular, and now they feel much better to play with.  The decision of when to ping and the consequences of giving your position away make for engaging decision making as well.

I've honestly had so much fun playing subs over the last week.  I can't bring myself to play other classes much to be honest, subs are just hilarious to play.  It's an absolute breath of fresh air, and I can't remember enjoying myself this much in game for a long time.  I did not expect to become a sub convert, but it seems I am.  Balao in particular is my new favourite ship.

I really hope WG give them a full release as soon as possible, because they have never been more ready to go in my opinion.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
6,479 posts
38,066 battles
7 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

I've been pretty on the fence about subs for quite a while.  I played them a bit last year and didn't like the implementation much.  I tried them again a week or so ago to see how this iteration felt to play without much expectation, only to discover it is night and day different.  They've really nailed the battery mechanics in particular, and now they feel much better to play with.  The decision of when to ping and the consequences of giving your position away make for engaging decision making as well.

I've honestly had so much fun playing subs over the last week.  I can't bring myself to play other classes much to be honest, subs are just hilarious to play.  It's an absolute breath of fresh air, and I can't remember enjoying myself this much in game for a long time.  I did not expect to become a sub convert, but it seems I am.  Balao in particular is my new favourite ship.

I really hope WG give them a full release as soon as possible, because they have never been more ready to go in my opinion.

I respectfully and yet completely, disagree.

No point arguing or getting nasty,  I just oppose your sentiment.

On a forum like this we are free to express such things of course.

• Cool 3

7,062 posts
11,684 battles

This is the version of subs that is the most convoluted so far, and thus, far more annoying to play and play against. I would not say that subs are OP or whatever, but they sure are annoying.

KISS principle is clearly not something WeeGee recognize as what they should practice.

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 2

Sign in to follow this