Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S4pp3R

Top 10 Tips and Tricks for Grinding up a Tech Line

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,580
[151ST]
Wiki Editor
4,517 posts
16,236 battles

G'day folks...

I finally finished it

Enjoy

All the loves


 

  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
436
[HIT]
Member
793 posts
6,244 battles

Nicely produced mate. It was funny hearing your voice as I assumed you were Asian 😂😂😂

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,580
[151ST]
Wiki Editor
4,517 posts
16,236 battles
35 minutes ago, Don72 said:

Nicely produced mate. It was funny hearing your voice as I assumed you were Asian 😂😂😂

Hahahaha... Thanks!

No, I'm from the land of semi-asian, semi-angloceltic, semi-everything, BBQ and beer obsessed peoples who like to say lots but not say much at all...

So yes, I can confirm I'm a person.

25 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Bonus tip = best tip.

Yeah it was just so wide reaching that it seemed wrong to have it in the OG list. But 100% agree.

9 minutes ago, killer3crusier said:

nice dude well done

Thanks mate!

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,475
Member
7,058 posts
11,684 battles

I prefer a written version, thanks :Smile_trollface:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
868
[IMS]
Member
2,537 posts
27,782 battles
1 minute ago, Paladinum said:

I prefer a written version, thanks :Smile_trollface:

Why you so bad one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
868
[IMS]
Member
2,537 posts
27,782 battles
3 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

I prefer a written version, thanks :Smile_trollface:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
520
[KAMI]
Member
837 posts
10,274 battles

Scenario is good...if you're don't intend to play randoms. Otherwise the act of skipping 2 tiers via scenarios will just make them completely unprepared in high tiers randoms.

 

The suggested slot 3 aiming systems is probably the least important out of all upgrades. Priority upgrades should be those that increase survival rates, such as slot 4 and slot 5 because it is often where new player stumbles most.

Concealment upgrade is an obvious pick. Propulsion/rudder/damacon increase maneuverability or decrease dmg. Engine room protection helps keeps lighter ships moving.

Edited by Verytis
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,310
[-CAT-]
Member
6,143 posts
22,037 battles
41 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Bonus tip = best tip.

Hear, hear!

 

1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

G'day folks...

I finally finished it

Enjoy

All the loves


 

:Smile_great::Smile_medal::Smile_honoring:

 

 

Though I am guilty for breaking rule number 1.

I play almost all ship nation and ship class. But the downside is that the grind to top tier is extremely slow.

 

 

It has it's own pros and cons.

Play a single line, the grind will be quicker and will let playes understand the characteristics of that ship line.

Play multiple lines, the grind will be extremely slow, but will let players know what are the streangths and weaknesses of the other ships lines.

 

 

I would still suggest new players to listen to S4pp3r's advice and play 1 line first.

Then after reaching top tier for that line, players can try other lines to see the different characteristics and flavor.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,662
[LBAS]
Member
2,943 posts
5,321 battles

Pro Tips from Skarhabek.... Buy T8 Kaga, Buy Premium times.... keep playing, watch youtube, keep playing.... then decide what is the best line for grind.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,241 posts
19,060 battles

My top tip for grinding - premium time, economic signals and a good consumable camo (with good bonuses). Buy the permanent camo for T9 - it comes with a good bonus (for now).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,067
[MRI]
Member
4,435 posts
21,760 battles
6 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Though I am guilty for breaking rule number 1.

I play almost all ship nation and ship class. But the downside is that the grind to top tier is extremely slow.

 

 

It has it's own pros and cons.

Play a single line, the grind will be quicker and will let playes understand the characteristics of that ship line.

Play multiple lines, the grind will be extremely slow, but will let players know what are the streangths and weaknesses of the other ships lines. 

Same here. I preferred to play all ship nations and ship types, and as a result I took more than 2 years before I got my first Tier 10. But who cares, the game isn't about racing to Tier 10 anyway.

Another pro of multiple lines is that you can make more use of the daily first win bonus, so your play time to exp ratio would be a bit more efficient.

But ultimately it depends on the player preference.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
408
[VIRAL]
Member
902 posts
22,867 battles
3 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Same here. I preferred to play all ship nations and ship types, and as a result I took more than 2 years before I got my first Tier 10. But who cares, the game isn't about racing to Tier 10 anyway.

Another pro of multiple lines is that you can make more use of the daily first win bonus, so your play time to exp ratio would be a bit more efficient.

But ultimately it depends on the player preference.

I first ground the German cruiser line up to tier 10 exclusively. But I noticed that this wasn't satisfying, in fact, I would say that it's bad for your mental health, so I decided to grind several lines at the same time, like you did. This is both more satisfying and, as you pointed out, more effective. I just play, or try to, the ships I am grinding once a day. It's slow but enjoyable. 

 

Good advice and well made video.

Edited by Sambo_Cigars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,580
[151ST]
Wiki Editor
4,517 posts
16,236 battles
10 hours ago, Paladinum said:

I prefer a written version, thanks :Smile_trollface:

And reveal the secrets of my scripting? NEVER! :Smile-_tongue:

10 hours ago, Verytis said:

Scenario is good...if you're don't intend to play randoms. Otherwise the act of skipping 2 tiers via scenarios will just make them completely unprepared in high tiers randoms.

 

The suggested slot 3 aiming systems is probably the least important out of all upgrades. Priority upgrades should be those that increase survival rates, such as slot 4 and slot 5 because it is often where new player stumbles most.

Concealment upgrade is an obvious pick. Propulsion/rudder/damacon increase maneuverability or decrease dmg. Engine room protection helps keeps lighter ships moving.

 

10 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Though I am guilty for breaking rule number 1.

I play almost all ship nation and ship class. But the downside is that the grind to top tier is extremely slow.

 

It has it's own pros and cons.

Play a single line, the grind will be quicker and will let playes understand the characteristics of that ship line.

Play multiple lines, the grind will be extremely slow, but will let players know what are the streangths and weaknesses of the other ships lines.

 

I would still suggest new players to listen to S4pp3r's advice and play 1 line first.

Then after reaching top tier for that line, players can try other lines to see the different characteristics and flavor.

 

3 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Same here. I preferred to play all ship nations and ship types, and as a result I took more than 2 years before I got my first Tier 10. But who cares, the game isn't about racing to Tier 10 anyway.

Another pro of multiple lines is that you can make more use of the daily first win bonus, so your play time to exp ratio would be a bit more efficient.

But ultimately it depends on the player preference.

 

29 minutes ago, Sambo_Cigars said:

I first ground the German cruiser line up to tier 10 exclusively. But I noticed that this wasn't satisfying, in fact, I would say that it's bad for your mental health, so I decided to grind several lines at the same time, like you did. This is both more satisfying and, as you pointed out, more effective. I just play, or try to, the ships I am grinding once a day. It's slow but enjoyable. 

 

Good advice and well made video.

 

Just to be clear, I play all nations and ship types and that's my usual thing. But if I'm grinding up a tech line for the purpose of grinding; focusing on that one line yields the best results.

Ships that I'm no longer 'good' in, I end up being good in when grinding in such a manner.

 

So yeah, not saying you have to grind like that or anything, I'm just saying in my humble opinion - it's the most efficient way to go.

Edited by S4pp3R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,475
Member
7,058 posts
11,684 battles
1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

And reveal the secrets of my scripting? NEVER! :Smile-_tongue:

The secret is that you don't have a script :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
436
[HIT]
Member
793 posts
6,244 battles
15 hours ago, Andy_Siau said:

Why you so bad one...

Andy is 100% Asian 🙂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
436
[HIT]
Member
793 posts
6,244 battles
23 hours ago, Andy_Siau said:

SINGLISH too
Singapore English

I have become well versed in Manglish over the years. Lived in Malaysia for over 3 years and ended up marrying one.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
408
[VIRAL]
Member
902 posts
22,867 battles

A request, and perhaps a suggestion, for your next video: as I play tier 9 Russian cruisers in random and ranked, I have come to realize that my positioning is rather poor and that playing a cruiser like Riga well depends, to a large extent, on how you position your ship. It would be great if the experienced players could give general rules as well as map specific tips on how to position properly. I think this topic deserves a dedicated thread.

Edited by Sambo_Cigars
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,580
[151ST]
Wiki Editor
4,517 posts
16,236 battles
1 hour ago, Sambo_Cigars said:

A request, and perhaps a suggestion, for your next video: as I play tier 9 Russian cruisers in random and ranked, I have come to realize that my positioning is rather poor and that playing a cruiser like Riga well depends, to a large extent, on how you position your ship. It would be great if the experienced players could give general rules as well as map specific tips on how to position properly. I think this topic deserves a dedicated thread.

Good suggestion...

Positioning is one of those things I've thought about doing a video on over the years but it's really hard to put together and can be very different game-to-game.

I'll have a think about it and see what I can come up with.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×