sudoku135

How much can I get from selling Arkansas in OBT ?

51 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
98 posts
3,857 battles

Just like the title, I want to know how much I can get from selling Arkansas in OBT. Starter US ship(s) means like a starter pocket money to me, no more and no less.:coin:

I'm serious and I promise I won't ask to get it back.:)

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Most probably as much as selling wyoming now.

I don't think so. Her price depends on the gold tag WG plans to give her.

According to my prediction, she's gonna be a 2500 gold ship, each gold unit equal  400 credits, selling the item net you only 50% of the item's value.

Do the math and see.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Reward ships can be sold, yes. I don't see why you'd want to, though. As premium ships, they'll always make a profit, and don't require a specifically trained captain for it so you can use it to train up/retrain your commanders. Unless you really want the extra vehicle slot...

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Reward ships can be sold, yes. I don't see why you'd want to, though. As premium ships, they'll always make a profit, and don't require a specifically trained captain for it so you can use it to train up/retrain your commanders. Unless you really want the extra vehicle slot...

Or maybe he has/buy a better prem ship to run, and just want some extra credits and dock slot.

Personally I'm not a fan of slow ships like early-mid tier USN BB, but maybe I'll keep the Arkansas just as a trophy.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

Or maybe he has/buy a better prem ship to run, and just want some extra credits and dock slot.

Personally I'm not a fan of slow ships like early-mid tier USN BB, but maybe I'll keep the Arkansas just as a trophy.

But you will have no AA in a tier where AA is becoming more and more relevant.

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

If you sell the Ark, I think the only thing you will get is regret.

Edited by AntifoulAwl

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

But you will have no AA in a tier where AA is becoming more and more relevant.

Yeah, but just taking it out for a spin would probably be a good 10k or so in profit. Especially if you stick the Zulu flag on it. I've had games in my Atlanta where I would earn up to 400k for a single match. Easily funds multiple tier 8 ships.

Beta Tester
98 posts
3,857 battles

It's just my personal preference. I'll sell it if it's a US thing. High tier or not, premium or not, profit in battle or not, it doesn't matter.

I'm a free player, I'd take German or Soviet ship even for decoration purpose though.

I'd be great if I could sell that Arkansas for 300000+. well, I'll sell it anyway.

Beta Tester
98 posts
3,857 battles

Yubari only sells for 1.6m I can guess if it's around that tier it's about there.

1m+ is excellent to me, I hope that Arkansas worth that amount or more. And it'd be nice if there is any mod or dev who'd kindly give us an answer.:honoring:

You will live with the regret if you sell an alpha or beta ship.   That amount of piastas will probably set you back less than 15 bucks

As I said before, if wargaming give me anything belong to the US tech tree, I'll sell all of them without any hesitation or a slightest thought. 15 bucks would sound nice if they gave me directly. Then again, I'd like to thank them for giving my ships more pocket money. And what is "piasta" ?

However, If the reward ship was from Germany, Soviet or my main Japan tech tree, I'd think about it with serious evaluation.:)

P/s: I've done this in world of tank few years ago. I can confirm that I have no regret and 10/10 would do that again. For now, I'd rather use a tuna can than use US ships.:P

679 posts
3,522 battles

1m+ is excellent to me, I hope that Arkansas worth that amount or more. And it'd be nice if there is any mod or dev who'd kindly give us an answer.:honoring:

As I said before, if wargaming give me anything belong to the US tech tree, I'll sell all of them without any hesitation or a slightest thought. 15 bucks would sound nice if they gave me directly. Then again, I'd like to thank them for giving my ships more pocket money. And what is "piasta" ?

However, If the reward ship was from Germany, Soviet or my main Japan tech tree, I'd think about it with serious evaluation.:)

P/s: I've done this in world of tank few years ago. I can confirm that I have no regret and 10/10 would do that again. For now, I'd rather use a tuna can than use US ships.:P

Well you won't be catching any Tuna, as they have been fished to the edge of extinction.  So not even a tuna can....

So what is your reason for the hatred of US ships?

Beta Tester
98 posts
3,857 battles

Well you won't be catching any Tuna, as they have been fished to the edge of extinction.  So not even a tuna can....

So what is your reason for the hatred of US ships?

Many reasons, just simply think of me as a random typical US hater. And it's not just about ships.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Many reasons, just simply think of me as a random typical US hater. And it's not just about ships.

before you bring any "hate" here, think carefully about what you type. 

Beta Tester
98 posts
3,857 battles

before you bring any "hate" here, think carefully about what you type. 

Yes, sir. I know full well how "sensitive" our forums are, especially after the "rising sun flag" mod incident. That's why I only said "many reasons" vaguely to politely answer him.

And since I successfully "baited" you here somehow, could you kindly give an answer to my original question ?

Beta Tester
140 posts
740 battles

Poor Arkansas, Why no one give her some love :cry 

yeah why??? :( getting that ship is my main reason why I bought a pre-order ship (Yubari), do 50 at least 50 battles before CBT closes.

I'm still patching the game though... :popcorn:

It seems to be a very well protected ship (as what the site says about it). Why do some people already think about selling it before they even get it? is being slow (they said it's very maneuverable though) really the big trun-off of it???

And just to confirm, is a reward ship equal to a prem ship? (profitability, crew training, middle of stock and elite performance)

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

why would you sell it?

I, for example, would keep it for a while, and see if it's any better than the Wyoming.

Well, of course it won't be better than the Wyoming, because the Arkansas we'll have is basically a stock Wyoming.

OP wants to sell it probably because he figured he won't like it, and there's not much point in keeping a ship that he doesn't play.

I'm just keeping her there because there's little to no chance of getting her back if I sell her, and keep as a trophy mainly :P 20 knots speed, no AA whatsoever and very inaccurate guns are turn-offs.