Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

when will WG fix " " and "[][][][][]" languange?

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,679
[LBAS]
Member
2,960 posts
5,325 battles

[][][] [][][] [][][][], [][][][] [][] [][][][][][][] [][][][][][][][]. [][][][] [][][][] [][] [][][] [][][] [][][][][][][][][][] [][][]? [] [][][] [][][][] [][] [][][] [][][][], [][][] [][][][][] [][][]. [] [][][][][][] [][] [][][][][][][][] [][][][][][] [][] [][][][] [][] [][][][] [][][] [][][][][][].

[][][] [][][][] [][] [][][][] [][] [][] [][][][][][][][] [][][][] [][][][][][][][] [][][]......

 

[][][] :V

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
60
[AUSFF]
Member
107 posts
16,782 battles

i dont see blocks anymore... just blank speech windows now, is that what you mean...

Just finished a game in ranked where i was last one left on my team in a nep vrs an iowa at 5km. a lot o blank speech windows, i assume offering me advice, with quite a few HE's dotted amongst them. Managed to get the win with 2.5k base exp, and got reported a couple o times, i assume for not  using HE in my Neptune :cap_wander: or maybe for not going broad side to him and torping.. long and short, i get the gist o what was being said:cap_haloween:

Edited by KingOchaos
forgot decimal in 2.5 base xp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,340
[-CAT-]
Member
6,182 posts
22,082 battles

Sharky: When will WG fix "▮▮▮▮▮"?

Everyone: It's now "          ". When will WG fix?

WG: Never.

 

WG put more time, money, and effort on unpopular mechanics in the game, and 0 time on fixing minor bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,512
[H20]
Member
2,152 posts
7,770 battles
1 hour ago, S0und_Theif said:

Sharky: When will WG fix "▮▮▮▮▮"?

Everyone: It's now "          ". When will WG fix?

WG: Never.

 

WG put more time, money, and effort on unpopular mechanics in the game, and 0 time on fixing minor bugs.

 

4 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

[][][] [][][] [][][][], [][][][] [][] [][][][][][][] [][][][][][][][]. [][][][] [][][][] [][] [][][] [][][] [][][][][][][][][][] [][][]? [] [][][] [][][][] [][] [][][] [][][][], [][][] [][][][][] [][][]. [] [][][][][][] [][] [][][][][][][][] [][][][][][] [][] [][][][] [][] [][][][] [][][] [][][][][][].

[][][] [][][][] [][] [][][][] [][] [][] [][][][][][][][] [][][][] [][][][][][][][] [][][]......

 

[][][] :V

Or WG doesn't think this as a bug.

Blank/block shows up if people type languages like Chinese/Japanese/Korean in the chat box, meanwhile you are not using the corresponding language for the game client.

Even if these texts show up normally, you still don't know what they mean anyway, so why bother......

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,679
[LBAS]
Member
2,960 posts
5,325 battles
13 minutes ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

 

Even if these texts show up normally, you still don't know what they mean anyway, so why bother......

its pointless to learn chinese then.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,340
[-CAT-]
Member
6,182 posts
22,082 battles
23 minutes ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

Or WG doesn't think this as a bug.

Blank/block shows up if people type languages like Chinese/Japanese/Korean in the chat box, meanwhile you are not using the corresponding language for the game client.

Even if these texts show up normally, you still don't know what they mean anyway, so why bother......

Would still prefer to see a proper and working CJK unicode rather than blanks or boxes.

Even if ppl do not understand them.

 

WG was able bring up visuals to 2020 standards (HD and 4K support), surly they can put some effort on CJK unicode support.

Unless WG is still using XP era OS when coding the game.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,436 posts
13,604 battles
2 hours ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

Or WG doesn't think this as a bug.

Blank/block shows up if people type languages like Chinese/Japanese/Korean in the chat box, meanwhile you are not using the corresponding language for the game client.

The Chinese language game client supports Chinese, Japanese and of course English, while Korean and Thai are rendered in boxes.

Based on my own observation English is the perferred, de facto lingua franca (as it is presumed that most of the players can figure out the meaning), and occasionally Chinese is used by Chinese-speaking members of the cummunity (another problem is that there is a constant, chronic problem with the in game chat box that it does not support some Chinese character imput software). Japanese, Korean and Thai are much rarer though there do have instances that a (presumed) Korean player types column after column in boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,512
[H20]
Member
2,152 posts
7,770 battles
2 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Would still prefer to see a proper and working CJK unicode rather than blanks or boxes.

Even if ppl do not understand them.

 

WG was able bring up visuals to 2020 standards (HD and 4K support), surly they can put some effort on CJK unicode support.

Unless WG is still using XP era OS when coding the game.

They just didn't add CJK unicode for non-CJK clients, maybe WG thinks there's no need to add it to non-CJK clients because most people who use non-CJK language for their clients don't understand.

Edited by New_Jersey_prpr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,115
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
6,479 posts
38,069 battles

I'd use an in game translator if it were available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
436
[HIT]
Member
793 posts
6,244 battles
10 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

I'd use an in game translator if it were available.

Good god, imagine what you'd get! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,115
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
6,479 posts
38,069 battles
9 hours ago, Don72 said:

Good god, imagine what you'd get! lol

Sometimes, when people type in the Latin Alphabet but in their own national language - I lean over to the computer beside me and put it into Google Translate so see what people are saying.

It's not all bad.

Sometimes its actually people on the enemy team wishing everyone good luck.

Not even lying or exagerating.

Just because you don't understand what someone else is saying, doesn't automatically mean they are evil foreigners who are out to get you because you look different to them.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×