You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Plymouth_MyWife_PrPr

The Vanguard Experience

14 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
2,961 posts
5,325 battles

i cannt believe this ship is unpopular... the ship handling feels like cruiser and accuracy is decent.

• Cool 1

[AUSFF]
107 posts
16,782 battles

love yah video's man... Always entertaining. And im not even high, i can imagine they would be more entertaining to younger demo.

• Cool 1

313 posts
8,030 battles
21 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

i cannt believe this ship is unpopular... the ship handling feels like cruiser and accuracy is decent.

Yeah, I actually bought this ship because everyone said it was not worth it- I like to buy ships like this (Saipan, Indom, etc) and see what niche they fit in the meta. 

I hate playing battleships generally, but Vanguard has got to be my favorite battleship to play in the entire game right now, probably because it doesn't act like one.

• Cool 2

[-CAT-]
993 posts
14,139 battles
17 hours ago, FatFluffyPenguin said:

Yeah, I actually bought this ship because everyone said it was not worth it- I like to buy ships like this (Saipan, Indom, etc) and see what niche they fit in the meta. 

I hate playing battleships generally, but Vanguard has got to be my favorite battleship to play in the entire game right now, probably because it doesn't act like one.

Worth to try. It's on my list now.

[NEMU]
[NEMU]
504 posts
2,022 battles

I'm not too familiar with the ship myself, but I think it's better than its reputation. Seems like a rare ship, as well, rarely come across it. Personally, my only gripe is that as the last BB ever built and launched, it should be on tier X.

[151ST]
Wiki Editor
4,517 posts
16,250 battles
23 hours ago, FatFluffyPenguin said:

It's on my list to review as it's one of my fave BBs in the game TBH.

Thanks so much for doing a video on it! I loved it.

But also, damn you! Yours is so much better than my vid will be.

But yeah, great video mate.

• Cool 2

651 posts
7,218 battles
14 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

It's on my list to review as it's one of my fave BBs in the game TBH.

Thanks so much for doing a video on it! I loved it.

But also, damn you! Yours is so much better than my vid will be.

But yeah, great video mate.

FFP makes great videos.

I wouldn't say either of you makes better videos than the other. They're just different.

Yours are like a roast dinner at a familiar dinner table with quiet, interesting conversation and a nice red.

FFPs are akin to popping a handful of eccies and going to a rave.

[VKNGS]
1,588 posts
21,659 battles

Is it just me or can you guys also not see the video link from FFP?

313 posts
8,030 battles
23 hours ago, Puggsley said:

Is it just me or can you guys also not see the video link from FFP?

Video link isn't there, but you can directly click on the video title itself and it will take you directly to the site on anther tab.

• Cool 1

94 posts
2,689 battles
On 4/24/2022 at 1:23 AM, Admiral_Karasu said:

Personally, my only gripe is that as the last BB ever built and launched, it should be on tier X.

Armed with tier 6 guns, turrets from a first world war ship, same number of guns as tier 6, no gimmicks like torps or hydro or whatever, and tier 10's are basically all ships that were never actually made meaning they would have come after Vanguard in real life had they actually been produced. It does not belong anywhere near tier 10.

[WGPLS]
17 posts
6,280 battles
30 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

Armed with tier 6 guns, turrets from a first world war ship, same number of guns as tier 6, no gimmicks like torps or hydro or whatever, and tier 10's are basically all ships that were never actually made meaning they would have come after Vanguard in real life had they actually been produced. It does not belong anywhere near tier 10.

Sounds like an issue in skill tbh

[LBAS]
2,961 posts
5,325 battles
6 hours ago, mashed68 said:

it can be fit in T10, simply add "Airstrike" with 16km range and standart british radar and super repair.

i would definitely pay for it.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[NEMU]
[NEMU]
504 posts
2,022 battles
8 hours ago, mashed68 said:

Well.. yes and no. You are right about the guns.

The conversions [of Courageous and Glorius] left four twin fifteen-inch turrets lying about, guns that couldn’t be used on new ships because of the Washington Naval Treaty. Gun turrets are among the most expensive and difficult to construct parts of a battleship, however, so they were retained in the hope of future use. The British fifteen-inch/38-caliber gun was regarded as a great success, and suitable for use in later ships. ... Intended for use in the Pacific, the ship [Vanguard] would be fast enough to catch and powerful enough to destroy the Japanese Kongo-class battlecruisers.

However...

Vanguard was the largest battleship ever built by the Royal Navy, and was only exceeded internationally by the Iowa and Yamato classes. However, many of its foreign contemporaries carried a heavier main armament. Vanguard was well armored and an excellent seaboat, but because of its light main battery it likely would have struggled against the Japanese and American super battleships.

Quotes all from here: https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/hms-vanguard-great-britains-last-battleship-was-its-best-193852

So, it might be a little difficult to think of the Vanguard in terms of the WoWS trees and tiers. Perhaps having it on tier 8 is some sort of a compromise, same as having Jean Bart on tier 9. The Lion class battleships probably would have been tier 10 material. IMO, having anything from ships being designed, completed and launched to fantasy paper ships somehow complicates things. Furthermore, having these 'superships' now in the game further devalues the real ships like Yamato, Iowa, Bismarck and many others.

1 hour ago, Skarhabek said:

it can be fit in T10, simply add "Airstrike" with 16km range and standart british radar and super repair.

i would definitely pay for it.

So would I! :cap_like:

• Cool 1