Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

Colorado sucks.

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i feel like this ship is not an upgrade of new mexico at all. 

-lower HP, from 53200 down to 50100

-slower rudder shift time. 16.6 s down to 19.4s

-even less gun than new mexico

-most of all at tier 7 its stock hull has no AA at all! you have to spend your time getting bomb freely by other cv till you manage to earn enough exp to upgrade your hull with a decent AA.

compare to same tier 7 nagato:

-Higher HP 6500 compare to 50100.

-Longer guns range, i don't have to waste module slot to upgrade my gun range  when i can use them for AA range, secondary gun range and accu. or even turret traverse speed module.

-faster aiming speed of 47.4s compare to colorado 60s

-faster cruising speed.

-stock hull has AA and i don't have to spend my time getting freely bomb even my tier 4 carrier.

-faster rudder shift 15s compare to 19.4s

can't we just change her stock hull to 1942 fit instead of the old 1941 with a almost non-existing AA. even if its just a stock hull i find  its just silly for a tier 7 ship to not have an AA at all, when we are getting match against tier 8 and 9 cv that can easily take us out without even putting a resistance because it simply don't have an AA to deal against them or even lower tier CV.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

With the CBT wipe coming soon, it will be an even greater grind, and yeap, after the New Mexico the only decent thing about it so far is it's damage WHEN it hits anything :P

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

With the CBT wipe coming soon, it will be an even greater grind, and yeap, after the New Mexico the only decent thing about it so far is it's damage WHEN it hits anything :P

yup, those two guns hardly hit its target.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

AFAIK, the Colorado has less hp than NM as it has much thicker armour, and it has the same issue as Nagato after Fusou: Less guns, more penetration.

Not that it makes that much of a difference when battleships are being burned down by MOAR DOTS. And the lack of AA in its stock configuration is painful

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,030 battles

One thing I really do appreciate is that when you do unlock and equip each upgrade now, you actually see a change on the ship itself

Beta Tester
36 posts
1,887 battles

I agree the Colorado is crap. I feel its a complete downgrade from the New Mexico, sure its got bigger guns but this thing doesn't hit the broadside of a barn. I had much more success in the ship before it and often better score everytime. I can't wait to get rid of it and onto the North Carolina as I don't like it at all.

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

I did 10k worth of experience in it and went "NOPE"

Free exp'd to the North Carolina. And boy do I not regret it one bit at all.

Colorado is such a garbage ship. Utterly useless.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

lel even Dezgamez agree that colorado sucks, i remember him mentioned it many times on his vids that he really don't like it and it really sucks compare to other battleships.

Alpha Tester
76 posts

i'm too i'm totally agree that Colo is really suck compare to Nagato or even it's tier 6 predecessor is even better than it

first time when i get Colo i think it might have some good poit but hell NO it's just another Hellmode Grinding to North Carolina (remind me grinding French TD line and Colo is ARL V39 that i consider it's the worst TD grinding  i've ever play until i got AC Mle 46)

for me i think Colo need A buff or even replace by other US BB it's currently state is "S-U-C-K"

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,030 battles

Or the switch the Coloardo with the new mexico, and buff the Gun range/Ship speed & decrease the dispersion of the rounds on the New Mexico.

Like they did with the myoko with the mogammi

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Alright, gotten a couple of games in the Colorado.

Yeah, stock Colorado is horrid. Played two games in it, then free-xp'd to the 1945 version. Ship needs the range extension and rudder shift to be bearable. After that, it basically performs similar to Nagato - sledgehammer guns with a shot grouping that takes some time to get used to. Interestingly, though, I've been able to land citadel hits at 10km+ ranges on Iowas, Yamatos and Izumos, and angling increases the ship's survivability incredibly. Haven't fought any Montanas as yet, though.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

yup i manage to penetrate yamato armor when engaging her below 10km and her guns can easily penetrate montana's weaker armor too. but that lower hp really hurt this ship because of HP spam from cruisers. that very slow turret traverse to is really pain too so i think its recommended to have aiming expertise over the -10% damage control cool-down skill. 

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

its not that bad

but yes helps when RNG is on your side as it was in this battle, as you can see  3 detonations  and 2 of them was when the enemy had 4 ships on our cap

Sign in to follow this