Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
derpman_gunner

desync battle

27 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
5 posts
13 battles

Having the same problem since the patch. If you fire your guns or launch torpedos you will see them appearing some distance in front of the ship. This means that the client and the server have you at different positions - you are where the server thinks you are but your client is lagging behind for some reason.

3 posts
249 battles

i have same issue desync game 2-5secs delayed 

Philippines here ip address please check [content removed]

Don't put your personal information on the forums.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

Beta Tester
72 posts
114 battles

So they decided to remove the bug sections as well and the whole thread on de-sync is gone for good.

I guess we'll make this as a new thread for reporting/updates?

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I'd think multiple CUSTOMERS stating specifics of a bug that prevents them playing effectively, and has done for more than a month, would rate as 'needed'.

When you say threads are being moved, are you speaking individual ones, and to where, or entire sections like bugs for which no fixes have arrived?

And did all our feedback vanish?

Will await a reply before commenting further.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Threads were being moved from CBT in to the open section by Conan.

will check after work were we are at, if there is a thread missing, send me a msg and I will see where it is

74 posts
3,233 battles

Excuse my ignorance and general noobishness, but is it a desynch when the game just freezes absolutely solid and you can't close it or even ctrl-alt-delete your way to task manager to close it? I had to do a hard shut-down to rectify the situation. Only happened once last night though.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,486 battles

0.4.0.3 - steady 100ms ping, no lag light activity. Unplayable de-sync still in full effect. Consistent delay of ~2500ms on steering/throttle inputs and the display of ship positions. Gunfire and torpedoes not subject to de-sync delay.

In other words, no change since 6 weeks ago when that anti-lag patch (0.3.1.3 or so) was implemented.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Excuse my ignorance and general noobishness, but is it a desynch when the game just freezes absolutely solid and you can't close it or even ctrl-alt-delete your way to task manager to close it? I had to do a hard shut-down to rectify the situation. Only happened once last night though.

This is not a desynch, but sounds a LOT more like your hard drive crashed.

Beta Tester
72 posts
114 battles

Still no replies from my ticket that was created two weeks ago while my prem days ticks away...

What a load of BS.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

0.4.0.3 - steady 100ms ping, no lag light activity. Unplayable de-sync still in full effect. Consistent delay of ~2500ms on steering/throttle inputs and the display of ship positions. Gunfire and torpedoes not subject to de-sync delay.

In other words, no change since 6 weeks ago when that anti-lag patch (0.3.1.3 or so) was implemented.

There's one change: the thread I wrote on it in which you and others contributed useful info has vanished.

:amazed:

:teethhappy:

:trollface:

p.s. Leng, I think it was titled 'server-client de-synch' and was in the bugs section.

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,486 battles

Still no replies from my ticket that was created two weeks ago while my prem days ticks away...

What a load of BS.

I've had a couple of responses now from Tech Support. The latest - yesterday - asking for video driver information and screenshots. They clearly have no idea where to even look after supposedly "investigating" this issue for weeks now.

I wouldn't mind waiting for a fix even if it took months, but like yourself I'm pretty annoyed at watching the Premium time I bought disappear in the meantime.

There's one change: the thread I wrote on it in which you and others contributed useful info has vanished.

:amazed:

:teethhappy:

:trollface:

p.s. Leng, I think it was titled 'server-client de-synch' and was in the bugs section.

Yeah, I noticed that. Doesn't inspire confidence.

Beta Tester
72 posts
114 battles

Any updates?

Support ticket being silence as always, no updates from mods, no acknowledgement from the devs...

Sigh.

Beta Tester
55 posts
2,724 battles

I have already updated my support ticket twice...

and I'm even getting a list of ip address of the Singaporean server cluster.... collected 3 so far...

what are people doing ?

if you use Resmon.exe on Windows 7 lets you see the ip address that you are connected to with which software..

so far I have identified sg2-sl-a149.worldoftanks.sg & sg2-sl-a148.worldoftanks.sg desyncing my game...

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,486 battles

I've given up on trying to "solve" this issue from my end. Now I just log in after an update to see if it's fixed yet, though to be honest my interest in this game has almost disappeared.

Beta Tester
72 posts
114 battles

I'm starting to see some players using paid VPN service to "bypass" the de-sync issue which I find it very sad.

Very disappointing.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I'm honestly not sure if there's anyting WG can do. Also, there are free VPN services out there, so I'm curious, has anyone suffering from the desync problems tried to use them to see if there was any change?

I've tried to replicate this issue many times, both on the Asia server and on the test server. Tried connecting to it via VPNs routed through Japan, Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, the US and of course, Australia. Never once managed to get a desync battle and replicate the problem. I've also highlighted the issue to the devs whenever they popped in, and I've checked Reddit and the visible portions of the NA and EU forums, but the problem doesn't seem to be widespread at all, as barely anyone has talked about it apart from the desync thread on the Asia forums. And if anything, I've noticed that lag complaints have dropped in the month since the game was launched, with about 25k players connecting to the Asia server at peak hours.

Like I mentioned once before, I'm reminded of a similar problem I had with another MMO, Star Trek Online. One day, following a patch, I suddenly had an average ping of 2000ms, up from the usual 200-300ms. It definitely wasn't my connection's problem, since I had a stable fibre connection and it tested fine. It wasn't only me, several other players from Singapore complained about the same issue. But it clearly wasn't a game problem, because thousands of players connecting from all over the world didn't have an issue connecting and having normal ping. We also noticed that by utilizing a proxy or VPN, we could drop our ping to acceptable levels (300-500ms, still better than the 2000+ without a proxy). Given that it clearly wasn't a game client issue, we emailed our local ISP, provided them as much information as we could, and several weeks later, the problem was resolved.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

It's not lag. It started immediately with the implementation of 0.3.1.3.

I believe that upgrade might have contained something to do with an attempt to 'fix' micro-lag and that might be the root cause of the issue. I saw some comment in a thread about a test file that was released some days before that that the file made things worse.

WG needs to look at what they did in 0.3.1.3 in terms of technical content. It can't be coincidence that people who could play without issue before that update suddenly found their game went to hell immediately after it. In my friend's case it was the very first game he played following that update. Day before, and all days before that from when he joined CB? No problem.

And there is something WG could do, and that's appear to give a [redacted]. No attempt to ask more questions. They just 'archived' (lol) the thread and done nothing about the content, and that bug forum was where their support told us to post. Great moments in service. The fact that some people paid them money and now can't play at all doesn't appear to bother them at all.

It's pretty typical, sadly, which is why I certainly don't intend to spend a single $ and regret asking my friend to join. Great, isn't it? I bring a paying customer, WG appears to screw something, and now they don't give a [redacted]. That should make a good advertisement.

I think I'll go to Jingles and get him to comment on it in his next video. Let's see how many people have this issue elsewhere, and if some publicity can get WG off their [redacted].

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
72 posts
114 battles

I've finally received a reply from the support team (same member who replied to my previous ticket) and... They're "still investigating this issue". He/she also listed few simple troubleshooting for me to try though as always the solutions didn't work. I've attached all the necessary documents/infos for them to look at though God knows when he/she'll reply back again.

So all in all, nothing is done at this point.

I'm honestly not sure if there's anyting WG can do. Also, there are free VPN services out there, so I'm curious, has anyone suffering from the desync problems tried to use them to see if there was any change?

I've tried to replicate this issue many times, both on the Asia server and on the test server. Tried connecting to it via VPNs routed through Japan, Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, the US and of course, Australia. Never once managed to get a desync battle and replicate the problem. I've also highlighted the issue to the devs whenever they popped in, and I've checked Reddit and the visible portions of the NA and EU forums, but the problem doesn't seem to be widespread at all, as barely anyone has talked about it apart from the desync thread on the Asia forums. And if anything, I've noticed that lag complaints have dropped in the month since the game was launched, with about 25k players connecting to the Asia server at peak hours.

Like I mentioned once before, I'm reminded of a similar problem I had with another MMO, Star Trek Online. One day, following a patch, I suddenly had an average ping of 2000ms, up from the usual 200-300ms. It definitely wasn't my connection's problem, since I had a stable fibre connection and it tested fine. It wasn't only me, several other players from Singapore complained about the same issue. But it clearly wasn't a game problem, because thousands of players connecting from all over the world didn't have an issue connecting and having normal ping. We also noticed that by utilizing a proxy or VPN, we could drop our ping to acceptable levels (300-500ms, still better than the 2000+ without a proxy). Given that it clearly wasn't a game client issue, we emailed our local ISP, provided them as much information as we could, and several weeks later, the problem was resolved.

Using VPN works for some people though I can't really confirm if it actually does or not. The free VPN services I've tried made no differences and I'm not motivated to try paid services "yet".

Despite how not many players are reporting this particular problem, it's still an ongoing issue on all regions and it must be fixed by WG. It's not our responsibility to find detours to bypass the problem.

This isn't your usual "high ping due to distance" or ISP problem but, a game-breaking bug created by WG themselves.

That being said, most of the players who are experiencing this problem are either:

- Tired of waiting for the fix hence quitting or being on hiatus

- Just got used to the delayed inputs and extra leading for targets

I'm suspecting the latter applies for majority of the players considering there are not much reporting going on.

I find that quite sad and disappointing to be honest. Not to mention this has been going on for months... I repeat, months.

Edited by kanade_

Sign in to follow this