Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
d3rPzking

Sudden FPS drop

12 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Link

There is a minor issue with airborne planes and torpedoes if you have enabled small object animation in your graphic options. Where it could cause a massive drop in frame-rate on certain maps if there are many of those said objects on your screen at one time.

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Its not only that though. Several of us others are getting the same massive FPS drop regardless of whether there are Carriers, or whether Animate Small Objects is turned on or off.

Its bad graphics optimization, as its only happening with Warships.

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Its not only that though. Several of us others are getting the same massive FPS drop regardless of whether there are Carriers, or whether Animate Small Objects is turned on or off.

Its bad graphics optimization, as its only happening with Warships.

The other reason is that they added all the small buildings and such onto the islands after the 3.1 patch so those small textures could have ruined your FPS. 

Do not look down on them being small as you will be surprised how many there are on a single map like islands of ice.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The other reason is that they added all the small buildings and such onto the islands after the 3.1 patch so those small textures could have ruined your FPS. 

Do not look down on them being small as you will be surprised how many there are on a single map like islands of ice.

Not only that, they added the Reef around the island on Hotspot

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Its not just on Hotspot and North.... its on. Every. Single. Map.

All maps have those small building all over the place

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

Its not just on Hotspot and North.... its on. Every. Single. Map.

i agree sometimes my ping meter go red on and off

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Its not the ping thats the problem, my lag lights always been red. ALWAYS. never ever ever ever ever ever ever been green, and the game ran smoothly before 0.3.1 dropped. since then, its been nothing bad bag FPS drops to 5-7 FPS from a normal speed of 50-60.

In other words, WG are being useless as always. Talking about going into OBT, and they havent even optimized the game yet. Its utterly ridiculous.

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,029 battles

never been green ping, always red or orange, and it is quite distracting when a lag spike happens and your firing weapons only to have the lag spike to change where you had actually pre aimed.

I can only assume this is being worked on and maybe due to limited servers set-up for CBT, as once OBT comes in the amount of players will increase dramatically, and the whole game would lag so bad to be unplayable.

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

i agree sometimes my ping meter go red on and off

Also its very obvious why Hotspot is lagging so much. Due to my trying different settings constantly, ive noticed that the detailing on the map itself is actually at least medium graphical settings, maybe higher. Even when set on low, there is no change. The one things that is most noticeable, is that when i have everything set to low, i cannot see more than a cm under the water. Cant see the propellers, cant see anything but a very small red line of the hull etc etc, but on Hotspot, i can see all of that as if its on high settings.

Like ive said, bad optimization, especially when Low isnt actually Low.

3 posts
1,371 battles

HELP! I have been getting this FPS drop so much lately. I am thinking of just stop playing. An older PC with lower specs than my laptop did not lag the [Content Removed] game!!! 

It is just not playable anymore. I get like 4fps to 1fps from 43 or so. 

I NEED HELP! PLS HELP ME WOWS COMMUNITY AND ADMINS!!! I have spent alot of time on WOWS pls, help. 

Profanity, Post Edited, User Warned

~Ephys

Sign in to follow this