You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
asbay

players using Bots

24 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
80 posts
70 battles

Have been noticing that players are now using bots in this CBT an also afk  , we need a reporting system in game to report players for being Bots or AFk  and they should be after enough reports kick or banned from the game

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

There's currently issues of long loading times and players failing to load into battles (they're either stuck indefinitely on the loading screen, or have WoWS crash and relogging sends them straight to the harbour). Until these issues are resolved, any AFK-reporting system is just likely to hit innocent players.

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

Looking at your profile pic, I would have thought you would have them ​exterminated.

Alpha Tester
80 posts
70 battles

Looking at your profile pic, I would have thought you would have them ​exterminated.

If I exterminated them I may as well kill the whole team !!!! an they wouldn't like that a bit unfair !! :)

In game "bot" in random battles, ship not moving but guns an torp tubes move back an forth.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

If I exterminated them I may as well kill the whole team !!!! an they wouldn't like that a bit unfair !! :)

In game "bot" in random battles, ship not moving but guns an torp tubes move back an forth.

Is it possible that you replays Asbay? if so, can you pass them along, get them looked it. Have not seen "bots" yet.

181 posts
905 battles

another issue that may well be causing idle players and one that occasionally frequents me when my cable modem decides it doesnt want to connect to the internet anymore is when you lose connection to the 'net the game will refuse to log you back in until the end of the battle.

I've had quite a few battles now where mid battle I'll lose all internet connectivity, crash out reconnect and sit at the login screen for 10 minutes waiting for the battle to finish to then be able to log in and see my harbour screen.

it's quite interesting actually.....

1,230 posts
2,418 battles

Not AFK, long loading time despite my computer is not really that very low. Not gonna compare the loading time of WoWs to WoT though....

ur potato's still better than mine, and my internet's not so good, still managed to get into battle after 1/2 mins or worse 5mins
Edited by Conkhead_12

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

There's currently issues of long loading times and players failing to load into battles (they're either stuck indefinitely on the loading screen, or have WoWS crash and relogging sends them straight to the harbour). Until these issues are resolved, any AFK-reporting system is just likely to hit innocent players.

and alot are botters who are doing to get there game count up to get the free ship 

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Is it possible that you replays Asbay? if so, can you pass them along, get them looked it. Have not seen "bots" yet.

i have , quiet a few , now i have replays working i have been sending a few in 

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

lengxv6 how do you get promoted to be a in training moderator :/

Be active in the forums, know what you are talking about etc. 

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,030 battles

well secondary turrets will always track and shoot regardless of AFK or not, but if that persons game crashed, it could be a bug that keeps their turrets moving back and forth. I'm sure some matches the game has crashed for me; my team mates would have though I had AFK'd on purpose, But i always try load back in, and lucky enough have been successful most of the time.

Until open Beta I cant imagine the devs can do much, more they are focused on improving the main bugs and getting everything running smoothly first. I haven't heard any more players complain their fighter/ bomber squad decided to quit the battle and fly off the map any more, and I haven't seen any more planes decide they want to fly underwater and promptly explode. So they are fixing things, so give them some time.

Edited by Tarrell

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

well secondary turrets will always track and shoot regardless of AFK or not, but if that persons game crashed, it could be a bug that keeps their turrets moving back and forth. I'm sure some matches the game has crashed for me; my team mates would have though I had AFK'd on purpose, But i always try load back in, and lucky enough have been successful most of the time.

Until open Beta I cant imagine the devs can do much, more they are focused on improving the main bugs and getting everything running smoothly first. I haven't heard any more players complain their fighter/ bomber squad decided to quit the battle and fly off the map any more, and I haven't seen any more planes decide they want to fly underwater and promptly explode. So they are fixing things, so give them some time.

Wrong, AFK player will have his ship's Secondaries and AA able to shot whenever he didn't turn them off

But Disconnected player or Not-Yet-To-Be-Connected player will have their Secondaries and AA turned off, and their main gun won't lock on anything (follow target movement)

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,030 battles

Wrong, AFK player will have his ship's Secondaries and AA able to shot whenever he didn't turn them off

But Disconnected player or Not-Yet-To-Be-Connected player will have their Secondaries and AA turned off, and their main gun won't lock on anything (follow target movement)

Geeze bite my head off, I wasn't aware your secondary and AA are also disabled if fully disconnected. And in regards to the main guns, when mines crashed and ive reloaded back in I always find my guns pointing to one side.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Your guns will move back into positions as you load back into battle.

Actually this needs to be tested, and have replays so we can firmly say that this is the case.