Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Cyanide7662

Heavy frame rate drops since pre-0.3.1

10 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

As the title states, ive been getting more and more frame rate drops since 0.3.1

Beforehand, the only lag i got was from my 200 ping, which was nothing new to me, but when 0.3.1 dropped, i would get drops from 50-60 FPS down to 25-28, then back up, then down to 2-5, then back up and so on. The only way to fix it, was by switching to windowed mode. Annoying, but tolerable.

Next mini-patch, fairly the same except was never at 50-60, just around 40 FPS. Switching back to full screen would solve it for the most part, but still didnt get my 50-60 FPS back.

Now, the game is utterly unplayable. 30 FPS at most, with constant drops to the single digits every few seconds, and thats just by standard gunnery combat. You throw torpedoes into the mix? even just two, the FPS stays in the single digits. Its getting ridiculous. windowed mode or full screen doesnt matter, dropping to the lowest of the low graphics settings wise doesnt help in the slightest, have installed new RAM, still doesnt help.

Does anyone have any ideas on a fix for this? This is by far the most fun ive had in a very VERY long time (damn you WoT.....) and id hate to have to drop the game entirely because of the lack of optimizing.

System specs can be found in my signature

EDIT~ I should probably add that this is happening on every map, with every ship type, and yes, with animate small objects turned off.

Edited by Cyanide7662

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Chiming in on this. I'm getting very heavy frame rate drops on North and Hotspot. Seems to happen most often on my Atlanta, with *massive* framerate drops (from 60fps to 4-10fps) and sound lag whenever I fire main armaments or have planes within 2-3km range. Unlikely to be a lag or performance issue on my end. My ping generally hovers between 30-60ms. Normal performance on Islands of Ice and other maps, with a framerate of 50-70fps. Performance stays at 50-60fps on North/Hotspot while not firing, but firing main armaments or AA causes frame rate drops and sound lag. Problem persists regardless of whether "Animate small objects" is turned on or not.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Some Cruiser Sometimes feel over Self-Confident when Fighting DD and End up Blind in the smoke, and Suddenly a Destroyer Appear at their broadside and start launching the Torpedoes

I posted this while sleeping, *quickly Edit it*

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
3 posts
4,153 battles

i live in country victoria austrailia i had bad lag before update but could still play.now after update the game is unplayable.pity because i love the game.

Beta Tester
100 posts
1,614 battles

i live in country victoria austrailia i had bad lag before update but could still play.now after update the game is unplayable.pity because i love the game.

For a person from Australia, your punctuation and English is a complete disaster. Did I mention you screwed up your country's name as well? What are you? A six-year old? 

Anyways, back on topic - I also experienced FPS drop, but it was somehow resolved when I use full screen rather than windowed mode. So give it a try maybe.

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

For a person from Australia, your punctuation and English is a complete disaster. Did I mention you screwed up your country's name as well? What are you? A six-year old? 

Anyways, back on topic - I also experienced FPS drop, but it was somehow resolved when I use full screen rather than windowed mode. So give it a try maybe.

Yeah i have, but it only worked for the last mini patch, with the update a couple days ago, neither windowed or full screen changes the FPS drop rate.

Im now firmly stuck on the idea that WG are a bit lazy to optimize the game, as ive now tested out War Thunder (i know, im not supposed to mention it in a WG forums, BUT it needed to be stated as its also a team based online game, forgive me Mod-gods :)), World of Tanks, Payday 2, CoH2 multi, ARK and Heroes and Generals, and none of them suffer from the same FPS drops.

I know one of the more obvious things is to just wait, but it makes it very hard to 'test' the game when its unplayable.

Edited by Cyanide7662

Beta Tester
15 posts
1,878 battles

For me only the new map Hotspot is giving me FPS drops, others are fine though. I wonder if the new map is less optimised or it has better graphics than the other ones

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

For me only the new map Hotspot is giving me FPS drops, others are fine though. I wonder if the new map is less optimised or it has better graphics than the other ones

I can tell you that on my end, having low settings and playing on Hotspot, is NOT low settings, no way in hell. comparing the detailing to that of all of the other maps, it definitely isnt just flat, bland, pixelated low graphics, it looks more like higher end medium settings. Hell, even just changing the graphics settings while playing on Hotspot didnt give any clear changes either :/

Sign in to follow this