Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
The_Pharoah

WoWS aircraft

16 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
24 posts
186 battles

We're pretty much replicating most of the WW2 warships up to late 1945. Why is it then that we have biplanes? fairey swordfish aside (which was a biplane and did very well for the RN), most of the USN/IJN carrier borne a/c were low wing monoplanes such as the Kate, Dauntless, TBF, TBM, etc....why don't we see those ingame? I know its just visual but immersion is a big thing for WoWS (if you read what the latest questionnaire asked)

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

We're pretty much replicating most of the WW2 warships up to late 1945. Why is it then that we have biplanes? fairey swordfish aside (which was a biplane and did very well for the RN), most of the USN/IJN carrier borne a/c were low wing monoplanes such as the Kate, Dauntless, TBF, TBM, etc....why don't we see those ingame? I know its just visual but immersion is a big thing for WoWS (if you read what the latest questionnaire asked)

Balance reasons, mostly. We DO see the low wing monoplanes - but just at higher tiers.

Alpha Tester
24 posts
186 battles

well if I could find it somewhere obviously I'd read it first.

just on that, can someone explain to me how to change the angle of where torpedo bombers approach from. The Help summary says to left click and hold, however when i do that it creates a little box but doesn't change the actual angle. With torpedo bombers I have to use whatever default angle comes from their flight approach...is that how its supposed to work? 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

well if I could find it somewhere obviously I'd read it first.

just on that, can someone explain to me how to change the angle of where torpedo bombers approach from. The Help summary says to left click and hold, however when i do that it creates a little box but doesn't change the actual angle. With torpedo bombers I have to use whatever default angle comes from their flight approach...is that how its supposed to work? 

Hold Alt, and you get smaller Spread (Manual Aiming)

Edited by Harpoon01

Alpha Tester
24 posts
186 battles

ok but what about changing the angle of the approach? when the torpedo bombers are inbound, you get a rough angle with a little bit of leeway..however I've watched videos of the guy being able to choose exactly which angle (around the circle) to choose...how do you do that?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

ok but what about changing the angle of the approach? when the torpedo bombers are inbound, you get a rough angle with a little bit of leeway..however I've watched videos of the guy being able to choose exactly which angle (around the circle) to choose...how do you do that?

You know how to Queue the Order in RTS game

Use Hold Shift then move your Planes, After that use Alt

The result: Your planes will have different angle of that

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

you see that arrow thing on the circle when your using torpedo planes? (when you click attack on the ship and the circle pops up)

yep that, click and hold that and rotate wherever you wanna drop your torps, be Port or starboard ..

P.S also applies to Dive Bombers :v

Edited by ragster

Alpha Tester
24 posts
186 battles

awesome, thanks guys...will give that a go :)

*edit*

yep, figured it out now - thanks again for the help.

Quick question though...I watched a YT vid of a guy with 3 squadrons on the Langley ie. 2 bomber (torp), 1 fighter but even though I have the upgrades, I only have 2. How do I get the extra fighter squadron?

Edited by The_Pharoah

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

awesome, thanks guys...will give that a go :)

*edit*

yep, figured it out now - thanks again for the help.

Quick question though...I watched a YT vid of a guy with 3 squadrons on the Langley ie. 2 bomber (torp), 1 fighter but even though I have the upgrades, I only have 2. How do I get the extra fighter squadron?

probably the video was on 3.0 patch, where USN still had an additional torpedo squad.. 

Beta Tester
320 posts
29 battles

ah ok so the default Langley starts with 2 sqdns then. 

np, before update 0.3.1 Langley have 3 squadrones...

WG WHY YOU DO THIS

Edited by Vrea_Zwei

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

For some reason WG dont allow me to make a topic about facts lol

Just don't complain in multiply thread, is annoying and confussing

Since all we talk about before and after CBT are facts

Wiki is fine, Picture directly from it is no

Sign in to follow this