Sign in to follow this  
The_Pharoah

Rock/Paper/Scissors

3 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
24 posts
186 battles

I understand (and like) the rock/paper/scissors approach to WoWS. I think it works great on a high level...when you drop lower though, there's issues. A good example is, a BB is theoretically > a CL. however ingame, it seems to me that a CL > BB. Why? Greater rate of fire for the CL plus speed plus torps....on the BBs side? you have a broad side that takes 30-40 secs to reload AND when you do fire, your chances of landing a full broadside (even though all your guns are theoretically aiming at the same point) are low so you get maybe 3-4 hits at distance....in the meantime, the enemy CL is pounding you with round after round. I know, because I've done it lots of times with cruisers. 

Does that sound like rock/paper/scissors to you? 

Surely a full broadside from a BB (esp the upper tier BBs) should reduce your HP to about 20% or less for a CL?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

A full broadside from a BB can instakill a cruiser at range. It's not pure RPS, but has an element of skill involved.

Problem is, with current fire mechanics, a cruiser can set a BB ablaze and wreck it pretty quickly.

Beta Tester
42 posts
232 battles

A full broadside from a BB can instakill a cruiser at range. It's not pure RPS, but has an element of skill involved.

Problem is, with current fire mechanics, a cruiser can set a BB ablaze and wreck it pretty quickly.

+1

Sign in to follow this