Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PerturabosUnderpants

Battleship gameplay

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
4 posts
5,391 battles

Have BB's been given a beating with the nerf-bat?

14inch HE shells into cruisers doing 700 damage...if they hit at all (praise RNGesus).

Cruisers and DD's doing horrendous HE damage in return.

It's bad enough dealing with the horrible dispersion but now when I hit it does EXTREMELY low damage rolls (a lot of the time NOT always), but frankly..a 14 inch shell into a thin-skinned cruiser should be devastating.......it isn't.

Had numerous rounds now where I had all of my main guns in my New Mexico aimed and ready to smack a Destroyer coming round an island, fired at point-blank range....2 out of twelve hit (???) and I knocked less than half his health off...he then puts torps into me and its game over.

What the hell has happened? It wasn't like this before.

As a side-note, I have now sold ALL my Battleships and will instead play only Cruisers and Destroyers. At least they are fun.

Edited by Fruedian_Slip

1,230 posts
2,409 battles

lol, firing at a point blank range to a DD. what type of shell did ya use, if AP probably over-pen. Did you aim a secondary on a DD, the secondaries can really smack a dd out lol

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

If you're getting low damage rolls, you're overpenetrating or hitting superstructure. That means your shells are landing either above the deck, or hitting the bow of the ship, which is a nonessential area. AP rounds will pass cleanly though without doing significant damage to the combat capability, and hitting for 10% of the listed shell damage.

If you're firing AP at a destroyer, you're definitely going to overpenetrate. And DDs in-game are built to counter battleships - if you're letting one approach you from around an island at close range, you're doing something really wrong.

Alpha Tester
878 posts
151 battles

As a BB don't rely on shooting bbs at close range. They are inaccurate for a reason. When I see a dd close with my bb I unload one round and then I start TURNING to dodge the torps. Then just let your secondaries rip them apart.

Sign in to follow this